Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've said it before.

Not a popular pick, but t's mom. She's experienced, hard working, isn't the prettiest thing but what she lacks in looks she more than makes up for in effort and eagerness. Very creative and willing to step outside her comfort zone. Always willing to go "all in" and noone will outwork her. A heck of a crooter as many of our fellow posters can attest to.

Let's get this done.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The only stoops we need to consider is Bob...

Outside of that you call Kiff or Napier and that's because both have shown ability to win and build a staff/program.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I understand the Bob Stoops chatter, but I am going to have to say No to Big Game Bob, LOL. After his intitial years at OU, his defenses were horrendous and he never got them corrected, and he is a defensive guy. Agree he adjusted and went high octane O, but I would like someone under the age of 60. I don;t want a stop gap. I want a potential long term head coach.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Makes you wonder if they already have there guy? Since it was not expected based on Your sources. Maybe they really had no intention of letting him go until they got word from there target that he was in. This will be very interesting.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Lane Kiffin is our best option. I don't like it either. But it's true. We all know it's true. It just hurts to admit.

As Camus said, we must embrace the absurd.

Who else is there, really? Napier? Fickell? Cristobal? Aranda? Malzahn? Do you really think any of them are actually better than Kiffin?

Bob Stoops is a pipe dream. If we're going the route of fantasy, we might as well call up Urbs and see if he wants to come back. Jax would probably waive his buyout at this point. Make him fix what he broke. Let him bring us another Ryan Day to be head coach in waiting while he gives us 5 great years.

But outside of fantasy candidates, I don't see a better option than Kiffin.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Most of the chatter on 247 and Twitter have pointed to Kiffin.

Boosters are pushing hard for it.

I think that’s the hire.
I’m fine with this. All aboard the Lane Train.

Also, yes, I know you all ran a train on my mother, sister, old lady and maybe even my dad.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the chatter on 247 and Twitter have pointed to Kiffin.

Boosters are pushing hard for it.

I think that’s the hire.
Should have listened to me 4 years ago.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I feel about Stoops the way I feel about SOS: their time has passed. I just don't see, even at 61 years of age, Stoops coming in and changing the culture and having long term success. He won immediately at OU and squandered opportunities after that, so I am not a big Stoops guy.

We need an ace recruiter. We need a motivator. We need a CEO. I don't care about the name or if they have head coaching experience if they can produce results.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the Bob Stoops chatter, but I am going to have to say No to Big Game Bob, LOL. After his intitial years at OU, his defenses were horrendous and he never got them corrected, and he is a defensive guy. Agree he adjusted and went high octane O, but I would like someone under the age of 60. I don;t want a stop gap. I want a potential long term head coach.

You can’t get to long term with a title or two. Let the results guide the length. Besides, we all know 50-year roofs aren’t meant to last 50 years.

You have to be burning up the back channels right now, which makes me wonder how willing the university is to undertake searching for a new AD at the same time regardless of my own ill feelings about the present one.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
Make Stoops and Urbs say no, then talk to Kiffin. Wouldn't be upset with Napier, Venables, or Fickell either, though I'd rather have a proven winner at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.