Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve gotta have something new and unique about you to come in the SEC and shake things up. The Brian Kelly brand was invented much too long ago to qualify for any of that. LSU is in for an unpleasantly long and expensive ride.
This.

I know Ed Orgasm was out there banging the wives and daughters of important alums, but he would have produced more sifting through and finding the next Joe Brady than frickin Kelly ever will.

It doesnt matter. Im quite glad they landed this old dinosaur with the same sad spread offense as ERRRBODY.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This.

I know Ed Orgasm was out there banging the wives and daughters of important alums, but he would have produced more sifting through and finding the next Joe Brady than frickin Kelly ever will.

Its no matter. Im.quite glad they landed this old dinosaur with the same sad spread offense as ERRRBODY.

Let's see if he brings the Up Tempo?

Again...good for us

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
They put up with the "Mad Hatter" Les Miles.

Remember, he has that "Catholic" thing going. He reminds me of an Ole Irish Priest...Coach Kelly from ND. Saints be praised.

Coach O lost his fans after he trashed wish wife.
and Saban...

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The mad hatter was actually a perfect fit. He was weird and quirky but in a brash, confident and unpredictable manner... just like coonass ogre was. That literally IS the personality of Louisiana's finest. Those guys were perfect hires culture and personality wise. Kelly is a total stiff. He's anything but endearing to a fanbase that embraces soul, flavor, panache and unpredictability. If he wins constantly it wont matter, but he wont, because he couldn't do that playing one of the softest schedules in the country with no conf championship game to overcome. Now hes in the meat grinder, and getting crazy money to boot. The leash will be incredibly short and he'll use every bit of it in no time. That catholic thing means absolutely nothing; its a talking point, nothing more.

Mark my words, this is the worst hire we've seen so far. Not because kelly is a terrible coach, he's not. But its a TERRIBLE fit.

This. Only quibble is the part about ND's schedule (this year is poor, but it's not like they duck playing top teams and programs--they almost always try and schedule major teams and have recurring rivalry games with USC and Michigan).

When LSU's at their best, their coach has a bit of eccentricity to add to the mix. Kelly is not a culture fit whatsoever at LSU. He was at ND, where they are fine with being nationally competitive and having strong academics (they talk a fine game about wanting national championships, but if that was important, they'd loosen up academic requirements for recruiting).

He'll be a Jimbo Fisher-esque hire there: not a noticeable upgrade to what they had before and while he'll recruit well and win a lot of games, he won't bring national championships.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
At least he won’t have to be worry about being asked about goals of winning his conference. Perfect.

ND should join the ACC or Big 12 -. They could easily compete...they have no shot at a NC as it is.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
#Kentucky announces contract extension for @UKCoachStoops through 2027 season. Includes guaranteed extensions for any season with seven wins (one-year extension) or 10 wins (two-year extension).

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
#Kentucky announces contract extension for @UKCoachStoops through 2027 season. Includes guaranteed extensions for any season with seven wins (one-year extension) or 10 wins (two-year extension).
This is how every one of these guys contracts should be structured. Win X number of games, get this, lose X number of games and have this removed. These massive guaranteed deals are lottery tickets and these schools never learn.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Well there goes the latest in my growing list of incorrect predictions, Mark Stoops to Oklahoma to follow in big bro's footsteps. If this year's Coaching Carousel was an NCAA basketball tournament pool, my bracket would be busted as Fuchs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well there goes the latest in my growing list of incorrect predictions, Mark Stoops to Oklahoma. If this year's Coaching Carousel was an NCAA basketball tournament pool, my bracket would be busted as Fuchs.
Don't worry. It isn't nearly as bad as Burp Bielema to replace Belichick and Malzahn to Fla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator