Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
So to recap our hires since Urbs..

Grabbed Muschamp because Texas wanted him to be their next head coach

Grabbed Mac because everybody wanted a Coach from the Saban tree

Grabbed Mullen because we got stiff armed by Kelly and we thought UT wanted him

Now grabbing Napier because we think other SEC teams, including LSU, want(ed) him.

I’m sure this time it will all work out though..

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What’s funny is Kiffin is right in front of their eyes and they still want another Muschamp, McElwain, Mullen.
Kiffin makes football exciting stretching the field like SOS did. He has matured and worked his way up the ladder right before our eyes.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WR recruits will wonder why they are even being recruited since nothing will be coming their way. This is a nightmare joke. You don't win in the SEC without a downfield passing game. Break out the bibs for all of our opponents as they will be salivating at the prospect of playing us. A Sunbelt Conference offense a grad assistant will be able to figure out built from the ground up. I can't f***ing wait.

running gator

Banned
BANNED
Sep 14, 2020
As soon as I heard most of the team suddenly starting following Napier on Twitter, it seemed obvious - someone had told them he was the top target. With Vegas pulling the betting for the next UF coach, it's all over.

I think LSU is going to regret not grabbing him.

I agree and I think that he will adapt his offense to fit his roster. He has been an assistant coach at many places and should be able to do that without any problem..

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree and I think that he will adapt his offense to fit his roster. He has been an assistant coach at many places and should be able to do that without any problem..
Yeah, he'll be "working hard wtihout a vacation" to put together the most pedestrian Sunbelt Conference offense possible with those Forest Gump cloned assistants he'll be bringing with him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Riley heads to the NFL and Napier lands down the road at run-loving LSU. We should interview Kiffin but we probably won’t.

This is a dangerous and fascinating time for Florida. I’m more concerned about the danger than the fascination. Anyone setting the bar at an ever-ambiguous “sustained level of success” ought to be heading the search at Syracuse, not here.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think Riley heads to the NFL and Napier lands down the road at run-loving LSU. We should interview Kiffin but we probably won’t.

This is a dangerous and fascinating time for Florida. I’m more concerned about the danger than the fascination. Anyone setting the bar at an ever-ambiguous “sustained level of success” ought to be heading the search at Syracuse, not here.

78...Great Football is not a UF objective anymore. They are only subduing the Boosters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Riley heads to the NFL and Napier lands down the road at run-loving LSU.
I dont think LSU wants anything to do with him.

They want Riley or someone else to bring the Brady Offense back.

Please tell me this is an agent trying to leverage LSU into doing something stupid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think LSU wants anything to do with him.

They want Riley or someone else to bring the Brady Offense back.

Please tell me this is an agent trying to leverage LSU into doing something stupid.

Could very well be.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Don’t suck up to Ox! I’m surprised SwampLaw didn’t tell you that!

Biggest issue hiring Napier is the contract. If we give him top 10-15 money and and more than 5 years, AD should be run out of town. No excuse for doing that.

BTW, my knowledge of Napier was gleaned from the first 2 mins of his intro presser at UL. Just. Not. Impressive. Hopefully he was nervous bc it was his 1st HC gig. Sounds nothing like a big time coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.