Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I watched that presser and strick9 still looks weak and timid to me. Not the type of AD to land a whale.

He spends 5 minutes bending over backwards to praise mullen. Then why'd you fire him? Just be real. He was fired for cause he talks a lot about high standards but doesn't actually have any. That's it, easy. It's all you had to say.

He indicated he woke up this morning and just decided to fire a coach. GTFOH. If he was part of the decision, he was only part. And I think logic indicates he was holding out until the noise became more than he could bare.

I do appreciate that he said he doesn't think the fan base is unreasonable for expecting consistent greatness and it's what he expects as well..I just wish he'd hire like he means it or understands what it requires. Jury's out on that but history isn't his friend.

It's time to nut up and go deep and he knows it. He bungles this one and it's him getting the "were moving on" conversation. Clocks ticking Scottie.

Strichnine is a puzzy and he is toast. Strichnine could not land a minnow in a bait shop with the large net used to scoop the minnows out to sell.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did Fuente get caught with some hooker in Louisville like Pitino did shagging that broad in a booth in an Italian Restaurant after hours? Fuente never coached at Louisville. He was the coach at Memphis.
Wait, shagging a hook up in a booth in an Italian Restaurant was wrong? How was that wrong?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Lane Kiffin is our best option. I don't like it either. But it's true. We all know it's true. It just hurts to admit.

As Camus said, we must embrace the absurd.

Who else is there, really? Napier? Fickell? Cristobal? Aranda? Malzahn? Do you really think any of them are actually better than Kiffin?

Bob Stoops is a pipe dream. If we're going the route of fantasy, we might as well call up Urbs and see if he wants to come back. Jax would probably waive his buyout at this point. Make him fix what he broke. Let him bring us another Ryan Day to be head coach in waiting while he gives us 5 great years.

But outside of fantasy candidates, I don't see a better option than Kiffin.
We all know it's true? Most of you Numbnut Jr's were still saying "Mullen isn't getting fired, we all know it's true." just within the last couple days. The only thing I know is true, when it comes to predicting future events for our football program, is most of you guys couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

:spank::tongue::lol3:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know it is an unrealistic shot, but it would only take 5 minutes. Just call Matt Rhule's agent to gauge if any interest. Again at worst you lost 5 minutes.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've never been a big poster here but as an Alum, a former player and booster here are my thoughts:

Kiffin does not fit the Florida culture. He might be a popular media pick but he does not represent Gator football at all. He will end up at Miami.
We will make a run at Cristobal but he's going to stay at Oregon.
Bob Stoops is not the answer, he had his time.
Mark Stoops is not the answer, he can not survive the Florida spotlight.
LSU will hire Bill Obrien.
Urban will stay at Jax another year before getting fired and then end up at ND

We will go after Brad Johnson, Brian Schottenheimer, Joe Brady and write it down, Bryon Leftwich
Awesome! 4 guys with zero experience running an organization of any size... what could go wrong.

Also, please define "represent Gator football"?

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Makes you wonder if they already have there guy? Since it was not expected based on Your sources. Maybe they really had no intention of letting him go until they got word from there target that he was in. This will be very interesting.
Maybe we're going to just trade HC's with LaSsU and they get the cuzin from crackville and we get the coonass!! Sounds about right to me and I'm sure mr.sexton could iron out those contracts quick fast and in a hurry
Sorry in a good mood now and thought I'd make a funny so enjoy this day GatorChatter and keep your fingers crossed for the next chapter of Gator Nation

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.