Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Bob Stoops is the answer. Perfect timing and the right situation for someone like him to rebuild the program.

giphy.gif

This would be an amazing hire and the absolute best case scenario we could hope for. I didn't think Bob Stoops was a realistic option because I just assumed he was done with coaching, but if Spurrier talked to him about it, then that means he at least contiplated the idea. I still think the chances are low, but at least there is a chance.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I wouldn’t be surprised but I don’t see that anywhere on his Twitter.

He said it in this video. I don’t remember the exact location.

I think Bob Stoops is the answer.

Stoops is on record that he absolutely despises recruiting. You don’t want a guy who hates it to rebuild your program. This is common knowledge. I don’t know why his name keeps getting brought up by the media.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was the venereal disease. do you know how high the medical insurance rates are for people with syphilis?

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Napier has a championship game to coach a week from Saturday. UF is not going to step all over Louisiana. So if he is the guy, they will not announce it until that game is over.

Unless it is someone like Stoops without a job, UF is not going to announce it until their regular season is over. That is what they did the last 2 hires. (I don't remember about Muschamp but he was an assistant anyway.) If it is a head guy somewhere, UF will not announce them until their last regular season/championship game is over.

That rationale is how we string everyone along as the days pass by and no announcement is made and nothing leaks to any credible member of the press.

Then before that day comes it leaks out that he’s not coming here… or that day comes and nothing happens. Two weeks later it’s hey look we found our coach, he used to wash Nick Saban’s balls and now he’s coaching the UNICEF Bandaids to their first 8 win season!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He said it in this video. I don’t remember the exact location.

Stoops is on record that he absolutely despises recruiting. You don’t want a guy who hates it to rebuild your program. This is common knowledge. I don’t know why his name keeps getting brought up by the media.

He can hire in the best recruiters in the business. Hire in a recruiting CEO that also finds the kids $$$$. Stoops needs to be (or whoever is hired in) a CEO ... no more of these ego-centric coordinators as head coach. I think those days are long gone. Just my opinion.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where it's coming from, but I've been seeing people say they think wherever Napier goes, he may bring Tom Herman as OC. Obviously it's all "smoking mirrors" until it isn't. Also seeing a lot more LSU news coming that it may be down to him or Aranda there. LSU people claiming Napier would kill for their job.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Feels to me like Napier is the tortoise and Kiffin the hare.

We don’t have patience for the tortoise and the hare would likely burn out.

Last time I wanted Frost and didn’t want Kelly due to his NCAA mess at Oregon or Mullen due to his persona as OC. I softened a bit as he had supposedly changed/grown and handled the initial arrival so well. But that attitude issue plus the failure to use “relentless effort” in recruiting proved to be critical flaws.

Today I want none of those 3. I’ll have much more patience with Napier or whoever than Donk, but will need to see progress especially on the talent side.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
He can hire in the best recruiters in the business. Hire in a recruiting CEO that also finds the kids $$$$. Stoops needs to be (or whoever is hired in) a CEO ... no more of these ego-centric coordinators as head coach. I think those days are long gone. Just my opinion.

I agree about the whole CEO thing and hiring recruiters. But until we are back on top as destination for recruits, he's still going to have sit down in kids living rooms and wolf down some gawd awful chicken. Of course if he's smart, he'll have the chicken catered in.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where it's coming from, but I've been seeing people say they think wherever Napier goes, he may bring Tom Herman as OC. Obviously it's all "smoking mirrors" until it isn't. Also seeing a lot more LSU news coming that it may be down to him or Aranda there. LSU people claiming Napier would kill for their job.

Aranda is there top candidate, it isn't a secret. They have been pretty openly woo'ing him

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They would love Joe Brady...He was talked about even before "O"'s leaving was announced.

Same with Aranda... but I doubt Joe is leaving the NFL game. Joe was away from it for one year.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Same with Aranda... but I doubt Joe is leaving the NFL game. Joe was away from it for one year.

And that is the whole issue with "Our Dream Coach"...Will they come? There is so much behind the scenes we never see or hear. I believe Mullen gave up and Urban gave up.

My big concern is not our next coach...It's the UAA and Fuchs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator