Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember Stricklin having issues with Mullen when he didn't punish the d lineman at miss state for beating the fuch out of that lady on video. That "character issue" never even came up when he was hiring Dan. Now the mother fucher wants to pull the character card, fuch him.

If stricklin doesn't want Kiffin from a football or X's and O's standpoint then fine, but don't tell me it's because of "character issues''.
Having a lineman as part of an 85 man roster with character issues is a bit less concerning than having the highest paid guy at the university as HC with them. Just sayin.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember Stricklin having issues with Mullen when he didn't punish the d lineman at miss state for beating the fuch out of that lady on video. That "character issue" never even came up when he was hiring Dan. Now the mother fucher wants to pull the character card, fuch him.

If stricklin doesn't want Kiffin from a football or X's and O's standpoint then fine, but don't tell me it's because of "character issues''.

We can only speculate how much of an issue it is. But we can debate whether Kiffin at this stage in his career represents a real character risk. He’s certainly caused Ole Miss less embarrassment over the past few seasons than Mullen has at Florida. And if not for five losses in the last seven games, that embarrassment would have been allowed to continue.

Sometimes a guy’s reputation precedes himself. Is that a fair assessment with Kiffin? We may soon find out.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yes. If a coach is going to flame out in 3 years like usual, might as well flame out with Lame Kitten.

However, I'm dead serious when I tell you Kiffin was never even considered. Right or wrong, Stricklin is strict on character stuff.

OK let’s flame with Lane. You can bet recruiting would get exciting if he was the man. QBs, WRs & RBs would look our way.
If we bring in a person not known in the Southeast, it will be a poor class.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OK let’s flame with Lane. You can bet recruiting would get exciting if he was the man. QBs, WRs & RBs would look our way.
If we bring in a person not known in the Southeast, it will be a poor class.
Brace yourself for this…it’s gonna be a terrible class no matter who we hire 5 minutes before ESD.
This guy ain’t changing that
7F44AB41-595D-4801-A694-8D9723B4795F.gif

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Having a lineman as part of an 85 man roster with character issues is a bit less concerning than having the highest paid guy at the university as HC with them. Just sayin.

Yeah you missed my point. I was implying that Mullen watched a video of his star player beat the fuch out of a woman and did nothing. The fact that he did that should throw up a few red flags in the character issue dept as well and yet it didn't. But Kiffin could get some strange 10 + years ago and he's off limits for being a bad guy.

Like I said, if Stricklin said Kiffin is a no go from a football standpoint then I'm fine with it, don't agree but that's acceptable. But you can't say he's off limits for immature stuff he's did in the past when the last guy you hired turned a blind eye to beating up females. And it wasn't "alleged" it was on fuching video.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
247 is reporting that Napier leads but Cristobal is in the mix as well. And there may be a big fish we don’t know about.

supposedly Spurrier has been pushing for Bob Stoops as well.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016

The obvious reasons are he doesn’t have to move family and he knows LA recruiting, can most likely get whoever he wants in LA. I could see why LSU is more attractive without my orange and blue glasses on

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
247 is reporting that Napier leads but Cristobal is in the mix as well. And there may be a big fish we don’t know about.

I am a little surprised Cristobal hasnt been discussed more with south florida ties, what are you guys thoughts on him besides being a cane?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would not want to be Strick9. I freely admit that I do not know enough about these so called candidates to pick a "favorite"

1. Napier: To me it feels like Mus, Ol Yeller, and Mul 4.0. Without knowing a lot more I wouldn't be willing to get into a buyout bidding war and go through this again three years from now.
2. Kiffie: Can't stand him. But I might be willing to forgive a lot if he can win big. But I'm not sure I'd be willing to get into a bidding war for him. Dirty under the hood? Wouldn't surprise me.
3. Chrystobal or however you spell it. He ain't coming.
4. Bob (not Mark) Stoops: Doesn't want us or maybe he does. I'd spend big money on him. Guys. I didn't start to feel the first part of old until I hit 70 or may 73. Old doesn't mater if you don't feel it. If he was committed, I'd throw the kitchen sink at him. It's the one hire that with the right assistants (and he can get them) would start to turn this thing around. And yeah he'd have to be willing to take on the roll of recruit closer. If he's not, then keep doing your other gigs.

Which, with all the ands ifs and buts, leaves us where? Nowhere. Strick9 made this mess. All he had to do was slap Mulls around and say stop being and ass at pressers and get some people who can fricking recruit. Here's the budget. Here's the facilities.

Good luck getting us out of this mess.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Here's my list:

1. Bob Stoops
2. Kiffin
3. Napier

Which means Sling Blade is a done deal.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Coming from some LSU connections: Them striking out on Tucker then Riley has their hot shot AD trying to save face. They believe there is no way in hell their AD is truly after Napier, it’s just window dressing. Woodward was brought in to make splash hires, period. LSU faithful weren’t all in on firing a native son in Ogre. If Woodward can’t bring and sell what seems to be a legit upgrade, then he will have lost the fan base.
My take is that these Corndogs will take Aranda. If not, they will throw a ton of cash at Joe Brady. At this point it’s as much about Woodward saving face as anything else.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
USC making a run at Aranda. If he goes there it likely blows up the Napier hire here. We fall way down the struggle chain then. But, the article I saw says Matt Campbell is the fallback for LSU after Riley and Aranda so take it or leave it.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

I heard the big fish might be Riley. He didn’t bite on LSU’s offer.

And apparently, Cristobal hasn’t signed his extension as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.