Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That roster at psu was gutted. Every freakin body left and they were on a bowl ban so nobody wanted to got there. It was a terrible situation and he did pretty solid considering the circumstances. He was pretty solid in the NFL aswell. Won some games with qb's that were complete ass. His biggest hole is like you said with recruiting. Not sure how good of a recruiter he is or how hard he'd work at it and what kind of staff he'd put together. But you can't knock his stint at psu at all.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Lincoln Riley
Six pages we got:
Stoops
Kiffin
Napier
Freeze
Cristobal
Obrian
Johnson, Brian, Brad, Howard
jamey Chadwell,
Fuentes

With Kiffin the overwhelming favorite

Last edited:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
mine too.

my second favorite is the one with the life-like hair, Kung fu grip and the non-determinant genitalia
61oWJYv7CmL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I'm not backing anybody this time.. I will just wait and see who they hire and see where it goes from there! Plus watch you all slap each other around about who is right and who is wrong Ward go easy on the
Beaver

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Kiffin is the only candidate I can think of so far. No one mentioned so far seems a reasonable candidate to me.

Napier offense is run first. He is 91st in passing offense this year and was 81st last season. This fan base would be very unhappy with him.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Right now I think it's going to be Kiffin for better or for worse. Everybody has been talking Kiffin to LSU but I think Miami is going to go after him. Kiffin likes South Florida. He still owns a home in Boca Ration from where he was th coach at FAU. Although he doesn't have great rapport with the high school coaches in Mississippi Kiffin recruits nationally and recruiting in South Florida is different than in Mississippi. Kiffin knows the layout and the vibe of South Florida.

This is just speculation but I think Stricklin knows if Kiffin lands in Miami then it makes recruiting South Florida harder for whoever the new UF coach is. Stricklin knew he had to act fast to cut Miami (or LSU) off at the pass. Miami is at a disadvantage because they do have a current AD in place to make a new hire.

The only thing I am most sure of is that Kiffin won't be in Oxford, Mississippi next year. I don't think he really likes it there and would bolt at the first chance he gets. He knows that without Matt Corral who has already announced he's foregoing his senior season Ole Miss football is going to go backwards so he knows he has to get out while the gettin' out is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.