Head Coaching Candidates Thread; Brian Kelly goes to LSU

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tharber, who says he’s a former player (Terence Barber?), thinks we’re going hard after Leftwich.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If Napier has already been hired, I'd like to know how long the interview was and what were hard hitting questions. It's barely more than 24 hours. Did strick check for a pulse and offer immediately?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So I decided to give Napier a chance, decided to do some more digging. At the end of looking at his record, looking at his victories and losses, looking at his offense, I was just very confused. I mean we just fired this guy, why would want to hire his clone? Ru run run punt. Don't give up the big mistake. Win by a point against Last Chance U and hail it as the biggest victory in history.

Give me a break guys. I know Strychnine was just spouting off AD-speak when talking about our next coach but if this is what means by sustaining a high level of success, put me on suicide watch too. Give me a break fellas.
Call me crazy but what's winning if it's not entertaining to watch, and I'm not meaning it's a defensive battle and the score ends 10-9. I'm talking about winning 28-14 but we go for 235 yards on 52 carries and have 145 passing on 14 passes with nothing down field. I personally don't want to watch Muschamp ball ever again. I'd rather lose like we did last year with each game being exciting. That's just me but I'd rather that than win a title but our offense ranks in the 80's

Give me a break guys. I know Strychnine was just spouting off AD-speak when talking about our next coach but if this is what means by sustaining a high level of success, put me on suicide watch to Give me a break fellas.[/QUOTE]

Yea call me crazy

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don’t know enough about him to get pissed or label him sling blade. I’m concerned about too conservative of an offense, but Saban used to be conservative as Fuchs too. He sounds like a guy that would recruit his ass off and have his team playing sound, disciplined football. Lord knows we haven’t had that in a long time.

If Napier is the guy he has my support 100%.

However, I reserve the right to call him Sling Blade if he turns out to be shyt

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If we fail to land a whale it won't be because none were available, it will be because we have an incompetent administration unwilling to do what it takes to land them.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
You have to give Bob Stoops a call and demand an interview. At least kick the tires with the guy! He’s 61. Not 70 like Saban and Pete Carrol. There’s still plenty of fire left in the dude, just listen to him lead the chant of “Texas sucks” on the world wide interweb if you don’t think he’s got the stomach to do this stuff.

Anytime we had a position come open we always tried but he was spoken for by OU all those years. And not to mention, in 2017, he was burned out and retired. Probably less than Mullen was in the 4 years he coached for our young men.

That’s the dude who would generate the most excitement regenerate our vigor. Maybe he is our version of Gruden to Tennessee. But he’s the dude I’d have zero doubts about. The rest of these candidates are all Jabronies and at best, wild cards.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Napier has already been hired, I'd like to know how long the interview was and what were hard hitting questions. It's barely more than 24 hours. Did strick check for a pulse and offer immediately?
If that's the case it sounds pretty refreshing to know he decided check this guy for a pulse

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
You have to give Bob Stoops a call and demand an interview. At least kick the tires with the guy! He’s 61. Not 70 like Saban and Pete Carrol. There’s still plenty of fire left in the dude, just listen to him lead the chant of “Texas sucks” on the world wide interweb if you don’t think he’s got the stomach to do this stuff.

Anytime we had a position come open we always tried but he was spoken for by OU all those years. And not to mention, in 2017, he was burned out and retired. Probably less than Mullen was in the 4 years he coached for our young men.

That’s the dude who would generate the most excitement regenerate our vigor. Maybe he is our version of Gruden to Tennessee. But he’s the dude I’d have zero doubts about. The rest of these candidates are all Jabronies and at best, wild cards.
amen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about Bob Stoops age either. We've got 3 timeouts per half for him to run back to the locker room to take a piss

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I think he’s going to kill it on the trail and make sure his staff does as well. Ten bucks he doesn’t go on a single vacation his entire tenure in Gainesville.
We already had a guy like that. He lasted 2.5 seasons after getting into a fight with Frat boys and losing consistently

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014

I wonder if we've actually ever gone after Bob Stoops? Yeah his name has always been floated out there but I doubt we ever even called him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.