Here's what I find interesting - Nevada offense?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator;n98403 said:
It has nothing to do with inexperience or anything else. Chimp said we would run the ball and Chimp was happiest in 2012 when we threw the ball about 10 times a game. That's "balance" to Chimp and that's the best it will be.

It demoralizes me even more because I know that we have an All Conference caliber back who, before that game, gets 4 carries a game unless Jones is hurt. Same deal last year. He simply has no eye for talent and only cares about how our WRs, TEs, or RBs block.

That isn't going to change.

Can't argue with any of these points. I just hope Foley has made up his mind (to end this train wreck).

It's amazing the change in attitude after one win. Imagine if that horrible coach had changed QBs before Tennessee....

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
klgator;n98050 said:
A sportscaster said that Treon changed several calls at the line checking out of a pass play to a run play that was invariably successful. That's definitely one thing that has been missing in our offense, someone who can read defenses.
What sportscaster? I find that hard to believe. I don't think he was checking much at all. Just handing off like the play was called. I hope I'm wrong because that would make him smarter than we thought.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n98144 said:
They forbid him to pass the ball. Not that I am complaining. If they couldn't stop the run, then what was the point of throwing the ball?
Well, for one thing, to develop the QB. And another, we went 3 and out a few times where a little imagination might have been just the ticket. We were ahead and the chump was able to play not to lose (his favorite strategy) which he did. Something was very wrong with the Georgia defense. The same play worked about 40 times. Where in the hell were the defensive ends. I'm still dumbfounded. Happy, but dumbfounded.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n98214 said:
That he didn't throw the ball - was it his inexperience, the howling wind, or a combination of the two? Probably the latter. Mason of UGA passed a lot, but (a) they had to, and (b) he's a more experienced passer. I tend to think that we'll see a longer leash and more passing this Saturday night.

Shucks. i'd be willing to bet Treon Harris was a better passer than that 12th year senior while still in high school. Wind?. The only howling that effected our passing game was going on between the ears of our HC. It was a typically called Muschamp game under the circumstances and the reason why every game he's won has been close with a few notable exceptions, this game being one of them. For only God knows why, Georgia's defense was unable to stop the same play. It was surreal. I'm still waiting to come out from under the ether.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n98609 said:
Well, for one thing, to develop the QB. And another, we went 3 and out a few times where a little imagination might have been just the ticket. We were ahead and the chump was able to play not to lose (his favorite strategy) which he did. Something was very wrong with the Georgia defense. The same play worked about 40 times. Where in the hell were the defensive ends. I'm still dumbfounded. Happy, but dumbfounded.
Without knowing what the play was it is just a guess as to whether or not the play was changed (and potentially changed back depending on the defenses reaction). However, it was obvious that Treon was barking out commands at the line, changing line calls? Plays? It's also seemed obvious all year that whatever Treon does, he does it better than Driskel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n98593 said:
Not sure if you didn't watch much of the game or not sure if you know said formation.

No, we're not sure you do. They were not playing UNLV's offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n98403 said:
It has nothing to do with inexperience or anything else. Chimp said we would run the ball and Chimp was happiest in 2012 when we threw the ball about 10 times a game. That's "balance" to Chimp and that's the best it will be.

It demoralizes me even more because I know that we have an All Conference caliber back who, before that game, gets 4 carries a game unless Jones is hurt. Same deal last year. He simply has no eye for talent and only cares about how our WRs, TEs, or RBs block.

That isn't going to change.

Looking at the stats and the way they played you could say we had two All Conference caliber backs. It was nice to see Taylor start playing like he did in 2013, where he made a decision and went instead of looking for the big play. Both had 25 carries, both had 190+ yards, and both had 2 touchdowns. And both played against a suspect Georiga rush defense that didn't make any adjustments.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n98208 said:
The best part of what we were doing was running the ball out of spread formations. UGA had no choice but to keep their secondary spread out, and our blockers just had to beat guys one on one in the box. We would have passed it more if UGA had started to crowd the box and left our WRs open on the line more, but they inexplicably never did.

It's like when you're taking a true/false test, and you have like 30 true answers in a row, but you keep wanting to say false just to change the pattern. UGA kept banking on the fact that we would eventually try to pass the ball, but we never did. :lol:

I needed an explanation. I went to a hockey game and missed the second half of the game. Not taking anything away from the players and coaches for the win - credit deserved. But I have been scratching my head how UGA shi!t the bed so badly. Did they have personnel issues on defense? Or was it just matter of never adjusting?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n98685 said:
I needed an explanation. I went to a hockey game and missed the second half of the game. Not taking anything away from the players and coaches for the win - credit deserved. But I have been scratching my head how UGA shi!t the bed so badly. Did they have personnel issues on defense? Or was it just matter of never adjusting?

Watch the second half and come up with your own theory:

[video=youtube;-3feNTMNscI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3feNTMNscI[/video]

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What I find interesting is that in a game where we execute great in the running game and destroy one of our biggest rivals people are pissed because we didn't stop doing what worked...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n98603 said:
Can't argue with any of these points. I just hope Foley has made up his mind (to end this train wreck).

It's amazing the change in attitude after one win. Imagine if that horrible coach had changed QBs before Tennessee....

Treon still would have been accused of sexual assault and JD still would have played against LSU. Maybe it changes things for Missouri, but it doesn't change anything for LSU.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n98603 said:

Imagine if Westbrook had caught the ball in the LSU game.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n98622 said:
No, we're not sure you do. They were not playing UNLV's offense.

We aren't talking about UNLV, you ding dong. You really show your lack of knowledge outside of the south.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
no-huddle style that puts the quarterback in a shotgun or pistol formation.

Jones: "I saw the odd front. I knew they were going to slant their D-line and that's what they did. It just gave me a crease to hit, and after the linebacker it was just off to the races. It felt great. It felt good running out of the Pistol. They don't know what you're going to do. You can do a swing pass. In the I-formation they can tell what you're going to do. I feel great back there and in Coach Roper's offense. I think it's going to mess a lot of defenses up."

After three years of running a pro-style offense, the Gators are strictly a shotgun team now. That means running the ball from a slightly different perspective in the Pistol formation. Florida's most proven talent on offense remains in the backfield, so the Gators will continue to be a run-heavy team.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NV is correct on this. We played a lot of pistol formations against UGA. It was very effective.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n98712 said:
What I find interesting is that in a game where we execute great in the running game and destroy one of our biggest rivals people are pissed because we didn't stop doing what worked...
No, we're pissed because we kept on doing what hasn't worked for the last 3.5 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

:smh: And Spurrier ran most of his plays back in the day out of a Spread Formation. It doesn't mean his offense is related to Rich Rodriguez.

whehhhhhhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator