Hevesy’s Heavies 2019

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Been working long hours as of late and couldn’t post much. It was great to see our boys finish strong. Dan may or may not be the long term soulution, but he appears to be adhering to the old adage “plan your work, then work your plan.” One thing that stood out for me this year was the durability of our OLine, with Heggie being the only real injury. There were some serious talent deficiencies up front (Fred, Tyler) but it looked like Hevesy got them to play above themselves as the year progressed. That is how football games are won.
All that said, does anyone want to take a shot at what the Oline depth chart might look like in 19? Bleich, Banks, Forsythe etc? It will be interesting to see how Hevesy puts this group together. In the immortal words of Ox: Discuss

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With the OL play we've had with these same players in the past, I thought Hevesy did a masterful job.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reminds me a lot of the 2005 line that had a bunch of SR starters coming back and didn't look so great. Year two in the offense we had 4 new starters and won a championship.

let's hope

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Biggest improvement of the year, including Franks.
Losing 4 of 5 starters is obviously a big deal, if only in terms of game experience & not necessary talent.
Really looking forward to seeing the two-deep lineup in the spring...and watching this new group develop together.
Hev has a huge challenge on his hands.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We got a really good OL class this year. I think at least two freshman will start next year.

One at RT. Probably Tarquin.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A shot in the dark, from left to right:

Bleich, Delance, Buchanan, Heggie, Tarquin

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bleich, Buchanon, and Heggie will probably be your starters in the interior. As far as talent goes, they are an upgrade.

Forsythe was a low 3 star whose offers weren't great. Still, he plays LT and RT. I expect him to get the nod at one of those spots. Going from RT to LT like he did is hard to do. Whichever spot Forsythe wins, the other position is wide open. A freshman could certainly win the job.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably will be one of the team strengths for 2019. Hevesy showed me that he can coach. With improved talent, he should have no issues coaching them up. He did more with less this year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Probably will be one of the team strengths for 2019. Hevesy showed me that he can coach. With improved talent, he should have no issues coaching them up. He did more with less this year.

Huge improvement from the porous line last year for sure. Still need a lot of improvement but it looks much more promising.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
From Will Sammon's 5-star coverage at The Athletic (sub for full article)

The successful decisions that led to Florida capping Dan...

"Stone Forsythe is the best candidate to claim a starting tackle job next season. He received a lot of reps during open bowl practices at both tackle spots with the first team and replaced Taylor for a series against South Carolina when Taylor struggled. There isn’t a clear-cut other option at the moment. Richard Gouraige, T.J. Moore, Jean Delance and Noah Banks are all viable candidates. Heggie has the ability to play guard or center, and Chris Bleich is a strong candidate to claim a guard job."

LurkingGator

Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2016
Gouraige is the highest rated OL prospect we have on the roster so far going into next season, including all of this year's class. He is supposed to be legit. Hopefully he pans out. OL recruiting rankings are real hit and miss. By recruiting rankings, from bottom to top (current roster): T.J. McCoy, Nick Buchanan, Fred Johnson, Griffin McDowell, Forsythe, Jawaan Taylor, Harkless, Heggie, Bleich, Jordan, Moore, Banks, DeLance, Gouraige, Ivey.

I don't think that any of the true freshmen start next season, at least not until later in the season, because I think that we finally have a handle on development and roster management. I'm just guessing too, but I'll say Forsythe, DeLance, Buchanan, Heggie, Gouraige. If Gouraige is really good he may eventually start at LT. Maybe T.J. Moore makes a move at tackle.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see gouriage or Forsythe at one of the tackles .

Gouraige is the highest rated OL prospect we have on the roster so far going into next season, including all of this year's class. He is supposed to be legit. Hopefully he pans out. OL recruiting rankings are real hit and miss. By recruiting rankings, from bottom to top (current roster): T.J. McCoy, Nick Buchanan, Fred Johnson, Griffin McDowell, Forsythe, Jawaan Taylor, Harkless, Heggie, Bleich, Jordan, Moore, Banks, DeLance, Gouraige, Ivey.

I don't think that any of the true freshmen start next season, at least not until later in the season, because I think that we finally have a handle on development and roster management. I'm just guessing too, but I'll say Forsythe, DeLance, Buchanan, Heggie, Gouraige. If Gouraige is really good he may eventually start at LT. Maybe T.J. Moore makes a move at tackle.

Gouriage. I have no idea about him. He reminds me so much of Patchen and Sharpe. Super talented guys you expected to be elite but just were not.

I don’t know. I’m probably wrong.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have been rumored to receive Reese from MSU as a grad transfer. If that happens, he'll be starting at one of the OT spots.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have been rumored to receive Reese from MSU as a grad transfer. If that happens, he'll be starting at one of the OT spots.

Stewart Reese is an underclassmen right?

So I guess Marlon? But isn’t he a senior?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stewart Reese is an underclassmen right?

So I guess Marlon? But isn’t he a senior?
Stewart Reese is a RS Soph. He is also an academic honor guy. Wants to be a doctor. Maybe they were referring to after next year, but I was under the impression that he'd graduate this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stewart Reese is a RS Soph. He is also an academic honor guy. Wants to be a doctor. Maybe they were referring to after next year, but I was under the impression that he'd graduate this year.

He’s a Florida kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From Will Sammon's 5-star coverage at The Athletic (sub for full article)

The successful decisions that led to Florida capping Dan...

"Stone Forsythe is the best candidate to claim a starting tackle job next season. He received a lot of reps during open bowl practices at both tackle spots with the first team and replaced Taylor for a series against South Carolina when Taylor struggled. There isn’t a clear-cut other option at the moment. Richard Gouraige, T.J. Moore, Jean Delance and Noah Banks are all viable candidates. Heggie has the ability to play guard or center, and Chris Bleich is a strong candidate to claim a guard job."
Jaywalker is underrated as in the "best poster" competition.

Probably because people confuse him with KannellJay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator