His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Mr. Pot, you talking about Mr. Kettle

Hey ... let's not talk smut about each other.
Wait though, Mac reveals he's been rocked by death threats and suddenly Gatoravatara shows up with multiple posts declaring hope that Mac's gone from here? Hmmm?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...n-provide-details-threats-become-unmanageable

It looks like McElwain has apologized for making the death threats allegation. He says they were anonymous. So he appears contrite. He further says he had meeting with Stricklin and Veatch, the assistant to Stircklin, and the administration is supportive. For right now it looks like this firestorm is blowing over or at least that's the BS being fed to the public.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
real
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...n-provide-details-threats-become-unmanageable

It looks like McElwain has apologized for making the death threats allegation. He says they were anonymous. So he appears contrite. He further says he had meeting with Stricklin and Veatch, the assistant to Stircklin, and the administration is supportive. For right now it looks like this firestorm is blowing over or at least that's the BS being fed to the public.
Yup, nothing to see here. :rolleyes3:

They desperately do not want to fire him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
real

Yup, nothing to see here. :rolleyes3:

They desperately do not want to fire him.
The best case scenario is to publicly move past it and support him. If at some point he “chooses another opportunity” or “steps down for personal reasons”, then that’s all occurred organically. I don’t believe for a second that the UAA is going to let this blow over behind closed doors. I fully expect Mac to be gone one way or another.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
This situation is spiraling into another embarrassment for our program that has been filled with them since Ole Hee Haw arrived. WTF does it take if a false claim like this is not enough to get him canned?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
i have come to appreciate Alchy's dry wit as well...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From the beginning this was a false flag so many got behind ... well that stemmed from our volatile wish for the immediate replacement of Mac.
From this "lover's quarrel" this is the likely path:
1) Mac stays HC for 2018 and beyond
2) Mac's newly recruited stars give him 10 win or 10+ win seasons
3) Those new players help create an explosive offense that excites-invites more top recruits to sign on.
4) With 10+win strings of games Mac gets much more commanding in pressers
5) Either Nuss becomes a much better OC or Mac gets commanding enough to replace him.
5) So, UF sees a new improved Mac & UF has a long established CFB Program of stability. ?? Anyone wish to comment on this as a possibility?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i have come to appreciate Alchy's dry wit as well...
b0e2610a877263e6f1c94696a365aa36--funny-movie-quotes-favorite-movie-quotes.jpg

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
From the beginning this was a false flag so many got behind ... well that stemmed from our volatile wish for the immediate replacement of Mac.
From this "lover's quarrel" this is the likely path:
1) Mac stays HC for 2018 and beyond
2) Mac's newly recruited stars give him 10 win or 10+ win seasons
3) Those new players help create an explosive offense that excites-invites more top recruits to sign on.
4) With 10+win strings of games Mac gets much more commanding in pressers
5) Either Nuss becomes a much better OC or Mac gets commanding enough to replace him.
5) So, UF sees a new improved Mac & UF has a long established CFB Program of stability. ?? Anyone wish to comment on this as a possibility?

My winning the lottery is a possibility, but I doubt that anyone wants to comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator