His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
When you don’t want to take about how poorly you team is performing, you pull a stunt like this. I would guess this is his final presser. Ten years from now he will ask himself did I really do this stupid thing?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good deal. Maybe we can have an all-out war between the fans and the players, too. Mac bringing us all together!
Wait... are you surprised that the players would voice support for their coaches?

Would you want the players to not back their coaches on something like this?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
When you say "this junk" are you talking about 1 or 2 asshat creeps out of millions of Gator fans making death threats? Is there someone out there condoning these threats that I haven't seen? Do you really believe that UF is the only school in which a losing coach gets death threats from some drunken idiot?

There was nothing to gain by announcing this the way he did. It hurts the fans, the program, and the school. He was either going for sympathy or it was his first step towards a buyout. Can't you see it now? "My family just doesn't feel safe here anymore." Puh-leeze.
As I said, Mac is at fault. Put himself on a hotseat that he really wasn't on, although he may have given himself a bargaining position (not a very good one). But these over the top fans do hurt our position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is a reason Mac hasn't taken over play calls.. that's his out at the end of the year. He will tell us that Nuss will no longer be calling plays and he will next season or he will hire a new OC...problem is its already to late. Only diff between his off scheme and Muschamp is the occasional pass on first down
I'm ok with him taking over, though if I were king or AD for a day, I'd fire Nusschimp today. I wouldn't give him 1.5 mil x3 years to pay another guy to come here and be the OC for a coach on a nuclear seat. Butters was hired to fix it and he will have to get it done.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wait... are you surprised that the players would voice support for their coaches?

Would you want the players to not back their coaches on something like this?
Players with brains wouldn't comment on something like this.

I know you're still all-in on Mac and this wonderful staff. Pretty impressive, really. As far as I know, you're the last one left.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do agree that every fan base in the country has over the top fans. It is just that we have far more than our quota.
So tired of you lecturing us on how much people from Mississippi love losing. We get it; your friends there accept 7-5 with a smile.

Youre still my favorite poster though.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
First, no one should make threats. If you feel that badly about it call him a horrible coach like the rest of us... orif you feel really bad, buy a billboard sign and put up "Fire McElwain".

As others have said though, very poorly handled by Mac. How does he even know it came from actual UF fans? For all he knows he is getting trolled by some fsu or uga fan. Give it to the cops and keep your mouth shut about it until they are done.

I hope this is some cover for him to leave. Defintely the worst coach of the Gators in my lifetime.

Can you imagine how he decided on a game plan after the way he handled this. I really don’t believe there were any threats. I hope we get the good news after UGA kicks our butt. And they will try to run up the score. What ever you do, don’t take the gators and the points this week.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Players with brains wouldn't comment on something like this.

I know you're still all-in on Mac and this wonderful staff. Pretty impressive, really. As far as I know, you're the last one left.

#fakenews

I know you like to stir the pot. You may assume that anyone who has an opinion or doubts has to make it known, but you would be wrong. If anything should be impressive, it's my growth in keeping my tongue in check. ...but here I am getting baited into defending myself like a dummy. I'd like to see the last time I posted anything that communicated any confidence in Mac or this staff, much less eveidence of me being 'all in' on him.

Still, it's easier to put words in my mouth and frame me to take heat than it is to answer the logically derived questions I posed to you. Weak stuff, Ox. Not uncommon, but weak.

Nevertheless, you're my favorite poster.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Agreed. My opinion is not fact. Curiously, you and I are the only two posters on the board who can distinguish between fact and opinion.

Really??? How about say Alex the Gator for example. There are plenty of posters that can and do that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Still, it's easier to put words in my mouth and frame me to take heat than it is to answer the logically derived questions I posed to you.
Yes it is. :lol:

It reminds me of an old Simpsons episode where Homer is railing against Ned Flanders. Marge looks at him and says, "You know Homer, it's very easy to criticize."

He looks back and says, "Fun, too."

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
#fakenews

I know you like to stir the pot. You may assume that anyone who has an opinion or doubts has to make it known, but you would be wrong. If anything should be impressive, it's my growth in keeping my tongue in check. ...but here I am getting baited into defending myself like a dummy. I'd like to see the last time I posted anything that communicated any confidence in Mac or this staff, much less eveidence of me being 'all in' on him.

Still, it's easier to put words in my mouth and frame me to take heat than it is to answer the logically derived questions I posed to you. Weak stuff, Ox. Not uncommon, but weak.

Nevertheless, you're my favorite poster.

Or perhaps favorite owner trying to get more posts, generating more money???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator