Homecoming cupcake 2019: Auburn - October 5th

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The question here is: does @oxrageous sleep on the couch that night??

Gators' Matchup with Auburn Highlights UF’s 2019 Homecoming Weekend

Gators' Matchup with Auburn Highlights UF’s 2019 Homecoming Weekend - Florida Gators

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – It's never too early to begin planning for the fall semester as another exciting season of Florida football awaits. With that, UF announced on Monday that Oct. 4-6, 2019, will serve as its homecoming weekend.

The Gators' matchup with Auburn on Oct. 5 will highlight of the weekend to go along with Gator Growl on Oct. 4 at Flavet Field.

Auburn is traveling to Gainesville for the first time since 2007. In addition, the Gators own a 67-26-2 record in Homecoming games all-time, including a 25-5 mark since 1989.

Two Bits, The Chomp, tailgating at the Gator Walk Village, Tom Petty's "We Won't Back Down" and the second season of the Dan Mullen era awaits inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium this fall.

2019 Season Tickets
Florida football season tickets for 2019 are now on sale, and 2018 season-ticket holders can renew their seats as well.

The quickest and most efficient way to order is online by visiting "My Account" under the Gator Ticket Office tab on FloridaGators.com. Fans may also call the Gator Ticket Office at (352) 375-4683 or visit the Ticket Office on the west side of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Also, all current and new season-ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase tickets for UF's two neutral-site games with Miami (Fla.) and Georgia.

Season-ticket prices for the 2019 season are $380 per seat plus required Gator Booster contribution. University of Florida recent grads and faculty and staff can purchase tickets for a reduced rate.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’ve never heard Auburn called “The Barn” until I came here to partake...what’s the significance of this? ( Keep in mind my interaction with fellow Gator fans is limited due to the fact 90% of my family is from close to Tuscaloosa)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why do we keep having teams capable of beating us for our homecoming game? Its getting embarrassing how many times we have taken a beatdown on our homecoming weekend in recent years. That game should be Vandy etc.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve never heard Auburn called “The Barn” until I came here to partake...what’s the significance of this? ( Keep in mind my interaction with fellow Gator fans is limited due to the fact 90% of my family is from close to Tuscaloosa)
Alabama = bammers
&
Auburn = barners

Just a derogatory nickname for SEC rivals.... In this case, the institution being the barn. Its fans, the barners. It's essentially meant to imply they are all rednecks... However, I see by your avatar that wouldn't bother a fella like you... Good for you! Wear it with pride my fellow American. Or as they say at the Barn, 'Merica!!!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do we keep having teams capable of beating us for our homecoming game? Its getting embarrassing how many times we have taken a beatdown on our homecoming weekend in recent years. That game should be Vandy etc.
Yeah... you remember that time Vandy beat us on Homecoming? Yeah.... good times....
:facepalm::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Uppity Bama fan insecurity over Aubarn being a predominately ag school. Might also have something to do about the Auburn Sports Arena (aka the Barn) fire 20-some years ago duing the LSU-Auburn football game nearby. Barn fans swear an LSU fan set the building ablaze.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... you remember that time Vandy beat us on Homecoming? Yeah.... good times....
:facepalm::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::facepalm:

It wouldn't be like Missouri who is doing it regularly now. Vandy hardly ever beats us. A rare upset is one thing but there is no reason to have these type of games scheduled for homecoming. It should be Vandy or a directional school.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wouldnt that be The Burners?? Kinda like the feeling Ox has been getting while peeing in the mornings?

People here have referred to “Auburn” as “Awbarn,” which I think morphed into “the barn .” Just the typical technique to misspell or mispronounce someone’s name to imply their lack of importance. Similar to how we say “tinerc” and “tallacrappy.”

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

It certainly sucks when we lose, although many of those loses were due to horrible head coaches in the lost decade.

I remember a homecoming game vs the barn when Pell and Peace were making UF football fun again. Beat those guys on a last second FG with a kicker who transferred from the barn. It was beautiful.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
It wouldn't be like Missouri who is doing it regularly now. Vandy hardly ever beats us. A rare upset is one thing but there is no reason to have these type of games scheduled for homecoming. It should be Vandy or a directional school.

That's just plain girly talk:run:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
And Dwag apparently

And yet,
We still refer to Vandy as ... Vandy. Guess 'cause we beat them most of the time.

Cowbell
Corndogs
Ole Piss

do we have some type of name for aTm?
what about arkansas now that fat boy is gone?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I met my Barner wife in March of '07 (shortly before I joined the GSMB). Incredibly, we've only played the one time since we met, that inexcusable loss in '07 while we were dating.

Not sure what to expect. Not sure if we're even going to watch the game together. :ugh:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
This game is on my birthday. I've never been to a UF v AU game. I've seen everyone from the East except a Vandy game. I want to go to this one badly and check it off my list. Last time I went to a game near my bday in the swamp, we annihilated Ole Miss. I'm looking forward to a beat down of Auburn. Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb