• Lose by 10 or more

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law pitching a royal hissy fit. It really is amusing to see him come this unglued.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Been saying it since the end of 2012, but I always fail to turn it off completely.

Pretty sure I can do it this time.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I haven't bought tickets in 6 years, bought any new Gator gear in 3 years, and I use new email addresses and jump from Sling, to Hulu, to Youtube Tv, etc to avoid paying any money that goes to a program intent on not spending what it takes to catch up to good teams. And I will continue to not monetarily support it, until I see some damn progress and commitment to building up the program again.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sofla is one of the most rational and well respected posters on this board, imo. I never thought I’d see the day when we lose him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't like losing but I try not to act like my life is ending when we lose.

Everyone who said OL and QB are the problem were partially wrong, add in DL, LB's and safties......

Hell, just add the whole defense......

That’s pretty much where I’m at as well. I wasn’t really even mad last night. It was more sad at what we’ve become, and frustration at my having gotten used to the feeling. But no, life isn’t ending and I’ll still enjoy my weekend. I just think we’re all still expecting a return that seemingly doesn’t want to happen.

You can’t make it through a single venting thread without at least one obligatory “I stopped going to games a few years back” comment, which further makes my point. They’ve conceded and/or have found better ways to spend their weekends than revolving everything around a game that they don’t even truly enjoy any longer. That leads to a lack of demand, both in terms of seats and in terms of accountability at the top. Downward spiral continues from there, and I don’t see it getting any better. Even if DM were to right this ship, that’s only a part of the problem. That’s the point I was trying to make.

Btw, 5k’s microwave post may be the best of the thread. :lol:

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a bit younger, I excelled in the sports that I played. I'm very competitive and hate losing. I trained harder than my competitors and if I knew a challenge was coming up I trained even harder. I hate losing.

These Gators dont hate losing, they dont mind it. Chump and Mac both had the 'win some lose some' mentality. The last time the Gators hated losing was when Tebow was here and immortalized his words about working harder than anyone.

These guys careers and educations are on the line, the play for our university. If they cant do enough to get up for a game, tell me why any fan should?

That's how I look at it. Everyone has different reasons but as someone who knows what it takes, it upsets me. Scarlett is a perfect example. That guy should have busted his butt while being suspended but he looks like rusty and untrained.
Sorry guys.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said tonight to my buddies at the game that that awful music between every single goddamn play was obnoxious and embarrassing. Anyone who thinks it actually adds to the atmosphere is nuts. I pay to go to a freaking football game not a goddamn dance party.

If I see one more goddamn football player dancing around when we're losing a game every time some bass comes on I'm gonna puke.

Going to UF games was so fun...loved the band and fan interaction. There was the band playing something signal what chant or action for the fans. It kept you involved and into the game...felt like you were actually helping. The music and fireworks and all that crap is bleh to me. I’ll get off my old man soap box and go yell at kids to get off my lawn

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

One last payment of $787,500 due to him this October. Of course, it helped him obtain this jewel up on Lake Murray just west of Columbia...…

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
We are an elite academic school with a diverse student body, half from outside Florida, who give two shytes about winning football games. The fan passion has certainly wained. Today the north lawn was somber and boring. Our fans are not fanatics. Our student section is 70% filled and tepid most of the game. I suppose we are average and will continue to be so.

Still love my Gators though.

Public ivy. Give me the UF of the 80s all day every day.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The wife's vajayjay was once heaven to be inside and has produced a few good offspring. But now it's droopy and slack and it's time to admit it will never spring back.
giphy.gif

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Public ivy. Give me the UF of the 80s all day every day.
Me too, except that would include a football team that was lucky to win more games than it lost every year. Somehow though the games were still fun and we all got excited about going to them, even the ones where we knew we were going to get crushed. Which stands in stark contrast to today where people act like their fandom is for sale only to teams who win a certain number of games. I will continue to watch our games and root for us to win no matter how bad it gets.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Me too, except that would include a football team that was lucky to win more games than it lost every year. Somehow though the games were still fun and we all got excited about going to them, even the ones where we knew we were going to get crushed. Which stands in stark contrast to today where people act like their fandom is for sale only to teams who win a certain number of games. I will continue to watch our games and root for us to win no matter how bad it gets.

Oh, I'll keep watching, always do, had to force myself to go to Columbia last year like I always do every other season, but I did.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
For 35 years I've scheduled Saturday's in the fall around Gator football. I've sat in parking lots outside of churches watching the gators on a portable tv while family members were getting married. I've missed countess other events and activities over the years as everyone in my life knows not to expect me when the Gators are playing. That started changing this offseason. I'm scheduled to be elsewhere during Tennessee week and during Georgia week and I scheduled those trips willingly. I'll still get worked up when I'm able to watch the games (the windows rattled at my house when Franks missed on the 2pt play), but they're clearly loosing me.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For 35 years I've scheduled Saturday's in the fall around Gator football. I've sat in parking lots outside of churches watching the gators on a portable tv while family members were getting married. I've missed countess other events and activities over the years as everyone in my life knows not to expect me when the Gators are playing. That started changing this offseason. I'm scheduled to be elsewhere during Tennessee week and during Georgia week and I scheduled those trips willingly. I'll still get worked up when I'm able to watch the games (the windows rattled at my house when Franks missed on the 2pt play), but they're clearly loosing me.
The empty seats in both endzones told that story last night. That never happened 20 years ago.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly dont care about the fireworks. Or music between plays. Or Tom Petty song. Or unis. Or stadium wifi. Or the students not as engaged as we used to be. I also dont mind losing. Shoot, it’s damn near impossible to go undefeated. What I care about is competitive, well coach football with players who are playing like they give a damn. Last night was a pathetic attempt. Pathetic effort. Pathetic coaching.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I used to get mad enough to punch hole in walls (06 against Auburn), but I honestly stopped getting mad during Chumps 3rd year. Now I’m just numb to it. It’s like my friends that cheer for teams like GT. They are just happy to be there. Never thought I’d be that way.

I still think if recruiting can pick up we have a guy that can make the nexts guys job easier. Never liked the hire but that’s what we can hope for. If he fails them we are clearly closer to being the teams of the past longing for glory than a contender.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well, I guess the GCMB family is in agreement for most part. The fun is gone. The new ways of the GAYme day atmosphere is not our cup of tea. The players and coaches do not care as much as we do. The student body is not cut and sculpted with enthusiasm and beer like it was in our time. The blame is obvious. Past and present Admins. Coaches and players. Frugality and and a losers mentality. Dogs and protectors of spouse abusers..........IT has finally reached the (whats the opposite of pinnacle) earth even below the barrel bottom. But as I a sat and watched the dog/cock game by the odome till 7:15 and watched the fans move toward the ticket takers I still saw fans that cared. Old people that needed a walker. Kids with a small football and painted faces. Old guys with Tebow shirts. Sitting in my section 59 seats I could not help but smile at all the guys around me , a little younger, screaming their thoughts and fears at the field, angrily urging our boys and coaches to solve this riddle from Kentucky that seemed to have our number. I heard the music and saw the orange and blue fireworks, the band play Earth Wind and FIre from my teen years. I do like the Tom Petty song with the cell phone lites going. It is at once the same but much different in there. We all have aged a lot since SOS owned our league and Timmy came and made us so proud. This is how life is. Things change, people move on and that pendulum called life swings back and forth, but too slowly for some us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator