• Lose by 10 or more

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll never stop loving and watching the Gators. This thread - a fuvking pity party - is pathetic. I knew we lost but I still watched today. It still brings me joy - even when its frustrating. This off-season was long as hell but I was and am stoked about the season. My family will still plan around games because we enjoy the whole spectacle - even from home. Not saying y’all should waste money on season tickets if you’re not having fun but damn, why quit watching all together? And why run to a Gator blog to whine about it? If you’re truly done, then quit posting too. F it. Won’t have valid opinions to share since you aren’t watching.
I love these posts. We're you here a few years ago? You my friend are a level 21 gator fan. Good job

If not one person came to any games, there would still be a team and the players would still play. What the fans (fanatics) do or don't do have absolutely no bearing on the sport. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Rick Schulz

Nov 28, 2016
I’m a long-time reader but this is only my second post, and I’m as disappointed as anyone and what happened last night. However, I think everyone forgets that everyone on this team with the exception of the 18 or 19 kids that Dan Mullen recruited were not his choices per se he’s just stuck coaching them. It will take at least two more recruiting classes to see what type of coach he is for us and what type of players he can bring in. The program has obviously been in Transition since Meyer left and he left it in a very sorry state especially in the discipline area. Muss came in cleaned up the discipline but couldn’t recruit offensive players. Mac came in and couldnt recruit anybody or coach them. Our strength program was a joke injuries piled up and people went outside the program to get physically fit. All of those players are still on the roster with the exception of the 18. Mullen cannot work magic, this season was destined to be seven and five or eight and four and it might not make that. However if you watch last nights game and you don’t see improvement in Frank’s as a quarterback then you don’t know what you’re looking at. I’m a retired Army Ranger and I’ve coached football for 15 years and I can tell you that he’s made improvement . If you want to rank the issues of why we lost last night number one would be the o line number two would be the D line number three would be the linebackers jumping out of holes and missing tackles number four would be the safeties taking their eyes off of the receivers that they’re supposed to be deeper then and peeking into the backfield and letting guys run right by them and then yes then we get to Frank’s who missed some throws but for the record he put for throws right on receivers hands that dropped them.
I think the best we can hope for this year is of the team makes steady improvement and by the end of the year is playing well enough that recruits can see the improvement like what they see and want to be a part of the program. Also another off-season in the strength and conditioning program will get everybody in much better shape truthfully this year was just catching them back up to probably a high school level, because everything I’ve heard from everybody that talks set the program was just absolutely horrific in terms of strength and conditioning

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If not one person came to any games, there would still be a team and the players would still play. What the fans (fanatics) do or don't do have absolutely no bearing on the sport. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
I was there last night. SOS spoke for the 93 team. His LAST point was how important the fans were to that team.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I’m a long-time reader but this is only my second post, and I’m as disappointed as anyone and what happened last night. However, I think everyone forgets that everyone on this team with the exception of the 18 or 19 kids that Dan Mullen recruited were not his choices per se he’s just stuck coaching them. It will take at least two more recruiting classes to see what type of coach he is for us and what type of players he can bring in. The program has obviously been in Transition since Meyer left and he left it in a very sorry state especially in the discipline area. Muss came in cleaned up the discipline but couldn’t recruit offensive players. Mac came in and couldnt recruit anybody or coach them. Our strength program was a joke injuries piled up and people went outside the program to get physically fit. All of those players are still on the roster with the exception of the 18. Mullen cannot work magic, this season was destined to be seven and five or eight and four and it might not make that. However if you watch last nights game and you don’t see improvement in Frank’s as a quarterback then you don’t know what you’re looking at. I’m a retired Army Ranger and I’ve coached football for 15 years and I can tell you that he’s made improvement . If you want to rank the issues of why we lost last night number one would be the o line number two would be the D line number three would be the linebackers jumping out of holes and missing tackles number four would be the safeties taking their eyes off of the receivers that they’re supposed to be deeper then and peeking into the backfield and letting guys run right by them and then yes then we get to Frank’s who missed some throws but for the record he put for throws right on receivers hands that dropped them.
I think the best we can hope for this year is of the team makes steady improvement and by the end of the year is playing well enough that recruits can see the improvement like what they see and want to be a part of the program. Also another off-season in the strength and conditioning program will get everybody in much better shape truthfully this year was just catching them back up to probably a high school level, because everything I’ve heard from everybody that talks set the program was just absolutely horrific in terms of strength and conditioning
Great first post. Thank you for bringing another POV. Your reasons are all dead center. Your hopes for this team are exactly what I hoped for this year from the get go.
Don't be a stranger.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are so many good points made here, I'm not going to try and name them all. I'm just going to encourage everyone to read the post from start to finish.

Great job, Ranger. Please bring more of your perspective.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I know you're just venting and sh*tting on everything you can, but that comment is demonstrably incorrect. See, The Public Ivies: America's Flagship Public Universities by Howard and Matthew Greene of Greenes' Guides. It identifies 30 public universities that are competitive with America's elite private schools in terms of academic excellence, appearance, age, and school traditions, as well as certain other Ivy League characteristics. The four schools in the South that made the cut are North Carolina, Georgia, Texas and THE University of Florida.

See, also, the website of The Ivy Select, a college admissions consulting firm that that specializes in providing comprehensive counseling to assist students in gaining admission to a number of top-tier institutions that are considered, "Public Ivies." It includes The University of Florida among those select schools.
Liddy, don't fall for the trap. The dude had classes at UCF. His first words when he hit the UF campus were these. little-engine-that-could1.jpeg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was there last night. SOS spoke for the 93 team. His LAST point was how important the fans were to that team.
The fans have hung in there through a decade of self-inflicted shyt. All because that horsetoothed idiot wanted to prove he could hire diamond in the rough coaches on the cheap amd ignore facilities but still win.

Through it all WE fans have been providing a top ten source of revenue to Fooley & Co, all of which was squandered on other things.

The fans have every right to be leaving and turning it off in droves.

Its also hilarious to hear all you "just trust the coach" types now blaming recruiting when you said it was irrelevent while you were sucking Butterteeth's cawk.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I know you're just venting and sh*tting on everything UF-related that you can, .
Walk into a firm (any kind of firm) in DC, NYC, LA or whatever, drop down that "top 30 almost public Ivy" resmue beside a real Ivy, Berkeley, Michican, UVa even resume and see what happens.

Or a UC Irvine, no 9 on the list too. No one gives a shyt about top 30 public ivy.

Im not saying there arent a few great programs here or there. UF Law's tax masters is elite, top 3 innthe country at worst.

However you walk in with bachelors in sociology or whatever and try to compete with a similar person from a real ivy or Berkeley and see what happens.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Look, I know you're just venting and sh*tting on everything UF-related that you can, but those comments are demonstrably incorrect. See, The Public Ivies: America's Flagship Public Universities by Howard and Matthew Greene of Greenes' Guides. It identifies 30 public universities that are competitive with America's elite private schools in terms of academic excellence, appearance, age, and school traditions, as well as certain other Ivy League characteristics. The four schools in the South that made the cut are North Carolina, Georgia, Texas and THE University of Florida.

See, also, the website of The Ivy Select, a college admissions consulting firm that that specializes in providing comprehensive counseling to assist students in gaining admission to a number of top-tier institutions that are considered, "Public Ivies." It includes The University of Florida among those select schools.

Good stuff, thanks for the info. Emotion is the enemy of reason and emotions are running rather high at the moment.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Walk into a firm (any kind of firm) in DC, NYC, LA or whatever, drop down that "top 30 almost public Ivy" resmue beside a real Ivy, Berkeley, Michican, UVa even resume and see what happens.

Or a UC Irvine. No one gives a shyt about top 30 public ivy.

I only open a third of the threads. Still barely know who is who. Usually don’t even pay attention to who the poster is. I just read and respond. I really couldn’t pass a test on who is a dumper or pumper with a few exceptions. But I read your stuff and while I sometimes disagree I get the feeling you’re knowledgeable and put a lot of thought and passion in your posts.

But it’s come to the point that I have to ask...is there anything you currently like or respect about UF? Academics, football, non football sports, coeds, university ave, the city, the lakes, the campus, the stadium ....anything?

I mean for all my pumping I get as frustrated as anyone during a loss. But last week back in the Swamp for the first time in months my 27 year old son summed it up perfectly. As we sat down on the 35 yard line row 9 he looked around and took it all in and said: “This is my happy place.” I thought man that’s it right there. Every time I go back I am in my happy place. I’ve never lost that.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Well, I guess the GCMB family is in agreement for most part. The fun is gone. The new ways of the GAYme day atmosphere is not our cup of tea. The players and coaches do not care as much as we do. The student body is not cut and sculpted with enthusiasm and beer like it was in our time. The blame is obvious. Past and present Admins. Coaches and players. Frugality and and a losers mentality. Dogs and protectors of spouse abusers..........IT has finally reached the (whats the opposite of pinnacle) earth even below the barrel bottom. But as I a sat and watched the dog/cock game by the odome till 7:15 and watched the fans move toward the ticket takers I still saw fans that cared. Old people that needed a walker. Kids with a small football and painted faces. Old guys with Tebow shirts. Sitting in my section 59 seats I could not help but smile at all the guys around me , a little younger, screaming their thoughts and fears at the field, angrily urging our boys and coaches to solve this riddle from Kentucky that seemed to have our number. I heard the music and saw the orange and blue fireworks, the band play Earth Wind and FIre from my teen years. I do like the Tom Petty song with the cell phone lites going. It is at once the same but much different in there. We all have aged a lot since SOS owned our league and Timmy came and made us so proud. This is how life is. Things change, people move on and that pendulum called life swings back and forth, but too slowly for some us.

A light in the darkness. Thanks.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I only open a third of the threads. Still barely know who is who. Usually don’t even pay attention to who the poster is. I just read and respond. I really couldn’t pass a test on who is a dumper or pumper with a few exceptions. But I read your stuff and while I sometimes disagree I get the feeling you’re knowledgeable and put a lot of thought and passion in your posts.

But it’s come to the point that I have to ask...is there anything you currently like or respect about UF? Academics, football, non football sports, coeds, university ave, the city, the lakes, the campus, the stadium ....anything?

I mean for all my pumping I get as frustrated as anyone during a loss. But last week back in the Swamp for the first time in months my 27 year old son summed it up perfectly. As we sat down on the 35 yard line row 9 he looked around and took it all in and said: “This is my happy place.” I thought man that’s it right there. Every time I go back I am in my happy place. I’ve never lost that.

Good take. Thanks.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll never stop loving and watching the Gators. This thread - a fuvking pity party - is pathetic. I knew we lost but I still watched today. It still brings me joy - even when its frustrating. This off-season was long as hell but I was and am stoked about the season. My family will still plan around games because we enjoy the whole spectacle - even from home. Not saying y’all should waste money on season tickets if you’re not having fun but damn, why quit watching all together? And why run to a Gator blog to whine about it? If you’re truly done, then quit posting too. F it. Won’t have valid opinions to share since you aren’t watching.

Not sure how many people said they won't be watching games. I would imagine the number is very small. My thing is that I am going to probably stop buying season tickets after multiple decades of doing so. I'm just not enjoying spending the large amount of money and time invested to cheer on players who's attitudes don't really seem to show that they give a crap and an administration that has done a piss poor job of managing the multimillion dollar baby in their charge. I'm also finding it harder and harder to overlook all the off field stuff. I'm sure it's just me, but that $h!t counts as far as I'm concerned. And the game day atmosphere has changed a little bit for me and not for the better. As SoFla put so well, we're trying to be what we're not in an attempt to attract people who don't want to be attracted in the first place.

All that said, I will be in Knoxville when we get our ass beat by a terrible Tennessee team wearing my non-Nike orange and blue shirt drenched in the spittle spewed out of the mouths of 100,000 toothless hillbillies. Go figure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen cannot work magic, this season was destined to be seven and five or eight and four and it might not make that.
Beating a shytty Kintucky team full of 2 and 3 stars isn't magic. I fully expect him to get his shyt pushed in by everyone from Ugly to Mushcawks.

Losing to Vandy and Kintucky is on HIM.

I’m a retired Army Ranger
then no doubt you don't tolerate excuses, lack of preparation or quitters.
R Batt? Or another unit(s)? 11 Bang Bang/11A?

If you want to rank the issues of why we lost last night number one
o line....D line....linebackers... the safeties... Frank’s....
I agree completely.

We need some X's and O's guys. Please post often.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Talk about drama.

Do I care about anything else? Not much. In the abstract is it nice that our hackey sack and frisbee teams win NC's, I suppose. Do I lose sleep when they don't or do I get solace when we get our shyt punched by Vandy, Kintucky, or Georgia South bc we have a great cornhole team? No in the slightest.

As I said the the Ranger above, no doubt you don't tolerate people who don't complete the mission. The mission of the AD is to put a football team on the field. It pays 85% of the bills. Nothing else matters. Hell, everything except football and basketball operate at a loss anyway. (Tiny profit for basketball.) Please don't tell me that if your subordinate Marine told you his squad can't shoot, had dirty rifles, and couldn't pass PT tests, that you should overlook it all bc their beds and lockers were really, really squared away. Mission first.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So on the one hand, we have Mullen, a guy whose offense is a one-trick pony, who can't scheme, who really can't do anything right. Hell, he's such a fool that after a futile first half on the ground, when the sideline reporter asks, "Are you concerned about your poor blocking?", he offers a confused look at the camera. Lulz that guy.

On the other hand, you have Kentucky, forever recognized as bottom-tier SEC but decidedly improved under Mark Stoops, facing a UF team with a joke of a roster and an entirely new scheme on both sides of the ball. Everything is so new that it has to be memorialized on wrist bands. On top of it all, the media has poked fun at the Kentucky program all week about it having been an elephant's lifetime since it last beat Florida.

And so Law is telling us that beating Kentucky is no different than when Hal Mumme paved the sideline with a white towel around his neck to relieve his nostrils after a snort of blow.

Okie-dokie.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
There is no place on the planet except a few buildings in Gainesville that consider UF public ivy.

Those buildings likely house Admissions and Orientation. My kids visited there last month. The blueblood like arrogance displayed there made it clear those folks view the school as Harvard without the snow.

So, it really doesn't matter if nobody outside UF views it as public ivy. Those who are deciding who gets accepted do view it that way and that arrogance does not serve us well, IMHO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lulz. Yeah, Kintucky is gonna win an NC.

Just like Meatchiken last year.

You fckktards are so easy to predict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.