Horford to Celtics - 4 years, $113 million

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Oh the wonderful, boring offseason topics.

ESPN is reporting that the Thunder are interested in signing Horford to replace Ibaka.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...homa-city-thunder-looking-land-al-horford-too

Apparently the Knicks are after Noah, so Noah may have a chance to continue hanging out on the couch with Derrick Rose (The Injury Bros). Although I am pretty neutral about Noah going to the Knicks I'm excited about the prospect of a Billy D and Horford reunion in OKC. I think Stephen (Steven?) Adams actually plays a lot like Noah (hustles, good passer, good defender) and having him inside with Horford at OKC might be a great fit.

The question is then, do the Thunder let Durant go and try to build some good role players around Horford and Westbrook? I think its possible OKC would be better without Durant if they could replace him with some high quality shooters for Westbrook and Horford to pass to. Thoughts?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think signing Hortford would be huge for them as he still gives them the inside presence, but also adds more offense than Ibaka.

I'm also wondering what is going on with Parsons who opted out of his contract. He would be a great 6th man for the Thunder. Could create a lot of matchup problems if they go "small" and put Durant at the 4 and Parsons at the 3 during a game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Did you say "high quality shooters"?

Heard Frazier and Humphrey are available....

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Your avatar is a little disturbing.
Oooo ya you are right about that one l. I thought it was kind of funny when I made it but now that the Disney thing happened it does appear to be a little tasteless. I will be looking for a new one.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If they get Horford I heard they will have six guys that will be 6'8 or taller.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On what planet does signing Al and passing on KD make the thunder better? Damn sure isn't planet earth. If they do sign Al it will be after they figure out a deal with Durant even if he hasn't signed yet. They will need to clear room for this , and that means a FA like Waiters won't be back. But with the acquisition of Oladipo he becomes expendable . Despite being a good player for them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think signing Hortford would be huge for them as he still gives them the inside presence, but also adds more offense than Ibaka.

I'm also wondering what is going on with Parsons who opted out of his contract. He would be a great 6th man for the Thunder. Could create a lot of matchup problems if they go "small" and put Durant at the 4 and Parsons at the 3 during a game.
Parsons didn't opt out with the mavs to come off the bench. He's looking for a max deal.

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
Yes I would hate to lose Hortford here in ATL. He is the most consistent player we have. But the Noah-Hartford reunion we be great.
Towels n Sporks we have to have the dead baby joke to get over it

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yes I would hate to lose Hortford here in ATL. He is the most consistent player we have. But the Noah-Hartford reunion we be great.
Towels n Sporks we have to have the dead baby joke to get over it
I was ecstatic when the Hawks drafted him, but their years of being unable to land a top notch free agent I have begun to fell sorry for them. They are a team in NBA no mans land. Good enough for the playoffs, but no chance to win or get a game changing pick. Even when they were bad they were always the next pick after the game changers were gone and their five year stretch of passing on future hall of famers (Wade, Paul and players that have been great Roy before injuries and Deng) for guys like Marvin Williams and Sheldon Richardson killed them. The ownership of the Hawks has been horrible for decades and he deserves better. I hope if he goes its somewhere he can win one. The Hawks are at a point that rebuilding is the best option to move forward unless they can get a top FA.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Heard the Lakers are interested in Parsons. Al will have to decide if he wants to re-unite with BD along with two top players for a possible championship run or a possible max deal from the Hawks. OKC won't be willing or able to pay him nearly as much.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Heard the Lakers are interested in Parsons. Al will have to decide if he wants to re-unite with BD along with two top players for a possible championship run or a possible max deal from the Hawks. OKC won't be willing or able to pay him nearly as much.

I'm hoping Al realizes that he has plenty of money, and decides to make a run for a championship. Something that, unfortunately, I can't see Atlanta ever doing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Parsons didn't opt out with the mavs to come off the bench. He's looking for a max deal.

I know... I just have this vision of all the former Gators playing for Donovan and winning a title... did I say vision... I meant pipe dream

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Horford would be a major upgrade over ibaka. If Durant comes back and horford signs with the thunder, I would definitely pick them to win the west.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Oh the wonderful, boring offseason topics.

ESPN is reporting that the Thunder are interested in signing Horford to replace Ibaka.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...homa-city-thunder-looking-land-al-horford-too

Apparently the Knicks are after Noah, so Noah may have a chance to continue hanging out on the couch with Derrick Rose (The Injury Bros). Although I am pretty neutral about Noah going to the Knicks I'm excited about the prospect of a Billy D and Horford reunion in OKC. I think Stephen (Steven?) Adams actually plays a lot like Noah (hustles, good passer, good defender) and having him inside with Horford at OKC might be a great fit.

The question is then, do the Thunder let Durant go and try to build some good role players around Horford and Westbrook? I think its possible OKC would be better without Durant if they could replace him with some high quality shooters for Westbrook and Horford to pass to. Thoughts?

There is no scenario of any variety where OKC would be better without Durant. That is like saying there was a scenario with the Bulls of old where they would would have been better without Jordan. Regardless of how good Pippen was, there was no one else in the league that could have replaced Jordan and made them better (we got to see that one in action, too). Short of LeBron leaving Cleveland to go to the Thunder (not bloody likely!), the same is true for Durant and OKC.

Adding Horford to Durant and Westbrook, on the other hand, would be more like adding a Horace Grant/Dennis Rodman hybrid to the Pippen/Jordan combo. Horford's game is very complimentary to Durant and Westbrook especially because his main contributions as a scorer grow out of his core focus as a rebounder and defender. He is therefore much less likely to have the kind of reduction in his overall contribution like we've seen from the "third men" of other power trios such as with Chris Bosh in Miami or Kevin Love in Cleveland.

P.S. I am really happy for Noah even if he is going to the Knicks. After all he dealt with in Chicago, I am glad to see him get the big payday and to be able to play in the city that is his basketball home town (he grew up honing his game on the New York streets). That move is actually likely to make the Knicks better too because he will definitely help Rose's adjustment to the Big Apple and his overall hustle tends to rub off on everyone around him. He won't be intimidated by the big lights of New York or the glare of the NY Press either. If anything I think he'll thrive in that environment! Gator Boys are getting paid! Hope Parsons finds a good spot to land next...

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
There is no scenario of any variety where OKC would be better without Durant. That is like saying there was a scenario with the Bulls of old where they would would have been better without Jordan. Regardless of how good Pippen was, there was no one else in the league that could have replaced Jordan and made them better (we got to see that one in action, too). Short of LeBron leaving Cleveland to go to the Thunder (not bloody likely!), the same is true for Durant and OKC.

Adding Horford to Durant and Westbrook, on the other hand, would be more like adding a Horace Grant/Dennis Rodman hybrid to the Pippen/Jordan combo. Horford's game is very complimentary to Durant and Westbrook especially because his main contributions as a scorer grow out of his core focus as a rebounder and defender. He is therefore much less likely to have the kind of reduction in his overall contribution like we've seen from the "third men" of other power trios such as with Chris Bosh in Miami or Kevin Love in Cleveland.

P.S. I am really happy for Noah even if he is going to the Knicks. After all he dealt with in Chicago, I am glad to see him get the big payday and to be able to play in the city that is his basketball home town (he grew up honing his game on the New York streets). That move is actually likely to make the Knicks better too because he will definitely help Rose's adjustment to the Big Apple and his overall hustle tends to rub off on everyone around him. He won't be intimidated by the big lights of New York or the glare of the NY Press either. If anything I think he'll thrive in that environment! Gator Boys are getting paid! Hope Parsons finds a good spot to land next...

That was quick!
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16679527/chandler-parsons-agrees-max-deal-memphis-grizzlies

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator