How about that Ohio weather?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trevon Grimes plans to make his pledge on August 24th. He claims Ohio State has a 70% chance of landing him and Florida is their biggest threat. So what could sway his decision?

“Me going up to Ohio State this summer and not feeling comfortable anymore, or me becoming more comfortable with another school,” Grimes said. “That’s one of my biggest factors (comfort), so something can change that way.”

- Too bad he doesn't spend a week or two up there around mid November (or better yet, late January) before discerning what his "comfort level" is.

Here is the whole snippet with his comments:
5-star wide receiver ’70 percent sure’ of his college destination
Ohio State has long been the front runner for wide receiver Trevon Grimes, who is scheduled to make his decision Aug. 24.

He may have the least suspenseful announcement this year because of his openness about the Buckeyes’ advantages, but Grimes doesn’t mind.

“I’ve had an amazing recruitment, so I’m happy,” he said. “If people think they know where I’m going, that’s fine. I may surprise them, I may not. Time will tell.”

The 5-star wide prospect from St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) said he’s “70 percent sure” of his college destination.

So in other words, since the Buckeyes lead, is he 70 percent committed to Ohio State?

“I can’t tell you that,” Grimes said with a smile. “Hey, there may be something I’m not saying. Put it that way.”

But at this point, another school surpassing the Buckeyes seems very unlikely. Grimes thinks there’s only one way that could happen.

“Me going up to Ohio State this summer and not feeling comfortable anymore, or me becoming more comfortable with another school,” Grimes said. “That’s one of my biggest factors (comfort), so something can change that way.”

Grimes will also visit Florida, Florida State and Miami before his decision, and said the Gators are the biggest threat to Ohio State. He’s still giving all schools a chance, but that won’t be the case after his pledge is in place.

“When I commit, I’m done,” Grimes said. “I’m just going to cut it off. I may take some officials, but I’m going to be focused on my school.”

I do find it amusing that he says once he commits, he's done with his recruitment, and then turns right around and says that he may still take visits... Not that I blame him. If I was a 17 year old kid, I'd dang sure take all five of my allotted trips. But the fact remains, if you're going on trips, you're still being recruited by other schools and listening to what they have to say...

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...von-grimes-70-percent-committed-to-ohio-state

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How long do you kiss a 17-year old's ass? Either you want to be a Gator or you don't.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long do you kiss a 17-year old's ass?...

Careful... Big Brother is watching and you may have just landed yourself on some federal watch-list somewhere...I'd be real careful with my internet browsing for the foreseeable near future if I were you...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he's a Drama Boy!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like he's a Drama Boy!
You may be right. But he's a helluva WR! He did say there may be "some things he's not saying..." Which could bode well for an unexpected commitment to UF. Could also just be trying to drum up some attention for himself.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Went through a blizzard in Columbus once, but summers there can be pretty sweet.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Went through a blizzard in Columbus once, but summers there can be pretty sweet.
Too bad their summers are so short... you know... 'cause of all the snow the rest of the year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator