How has Trump Raped America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AugustaGator, May 21, 2019.

1. desertskullz

Oxbucks:
    $43
    Ratings:
    +43 / -16
    EZ. By being a Big Gov Luver. Duh.

2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $907
    Ratings:
    +915 / -19
    There is a difference in being wrong and telling a lie. L boy is telling a lie in his post above.

obama AVERAGED trillion + dollar deficits for 8 years. This crap with obamacare was designed to surge after he left office. How in the hell can you think otherwise?

Sometimes its better to admit you are wrong. Its ok to think trump is an ******* but realize his policies are working really well. I hold the same opinion.

• Politigator

Politigator L-boy's Cousin

Oxbucks:
      $641
      Ratings:
      +646 / -1,141
      By the time Obama left they were less than a half trillion. The early trillion dollar deficits were during/caused by the recession. You may want to break out your Econ 1101 text book and brush up on your pathetic command of economics before you start calling others liars.

As to the current trillion dollar deficits, Trump/current congress are responsible for roughly half of that - give or take.

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,568
      Ratings:
      +13,160 / -46
      lboy has me on ignore, so someone please post the following, but he already knows it because I had to mention it continually before he begged to be banned.

We were told when PPACA was signed into law, that due to front loading of payments, deficits would fall to around $400B/year until 2018 at which time they would then go back to $1T deficits. That is in fact exactly what happened. So given Trump's spending, why isn't the deficit WELL IN EXCESS of $1T instead of just under $1T?

He's a disingenuous ass... and may want to break out his Econ 1101 text book to brush up on his pathetic command of economics before he starts questioning those calling him a liar.

• g8r.tom

g8r.tom Well-Known Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,744
        Ratings:
        +1,840 / -42
        Facts are pesky things.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,265
        Ratings:
        +9,212 / -1,009
        Obsessions are a mysterious thing.

• Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $6,568
          Ratings:
          +13,160 / -46
          What, you're obsession with posting clean up all the time?

lboy KNOWS that PPACA was budgeted this way. EVERYONE was told in 2010 exactly what would happen to the deficit and it is exactly what happened

For me, the ignorance of others is a mysterious thing.

• Politigator

Oxbucks:
            $641
            Ratings:
            +646 / -1,141
            Well I just took you off ignore but from the latter part of the post it may be a mistake. I fully expect you to disagree and criticize my views. But I'm just not interested in personal internet feuds. Swamp Donkey for instance can be a complete ass, but it clear it isn't personal. I don't think my views upset him. His views don't upset me. But whatever. Here goes....

ACA in total was never deficit increasing . Its projections always had it marginally deficit decreasing. In the years after signing the deficit numbers came out much better than even the protections. Government medical expenditures came in lower in total than even the pre ACA government medical expense protections. You can argue how much ACA played a part, but those are the facts.

As to deficits going forward, yes they were already increasing, primarily due to aging people draining entitlements. . But Trump has increased them more, between tax cuts and spending hikes. Are you disputing that? I've never said Trump caused all Trillion of the deficit.

• Like Like x 1
            • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
            • List
            • Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $6,568
              Ratings:
              +13,160 / -46
              I agree, Trump has increased spending. It's what you are saying about the DEFICIT that we're talking about. You full well know what the projection was in 2011 for PPACA's impact on the deficit... it was going to drop the deficit, then start rising back to $1T+ in 2018. That's exactly what has happened independent of Trump spending. So why isn't the deficit at $1.5-2T now? Wiki is unreliable because it's been edited so many times since 2011. Here is a chart and article that I found from 2015. Set aside the source (I have no idea who it is, it's just the oldest thing I could find from before Trump was elected) and look at this chart and article. This chart and article had no idea in 2015 who the next President was going to be or what they were going to do vis a vis spending... it's simply about PPACA and the deficit and it matches exactly what was projected in 2011 and exactly what is happening now in 2019... so the real question is: "Why isn't the deficit way over $1T now instead of being just under?" Do you see what I am saying? PS looks like author of the article understands Krugman too! ;)
              [​IMG]
              President Obama has a Brian Williams Problem on Deficits - Ricochet

• Politigator

Oxbucks:
                $641
                Ratings:
                +646 / -1,141
                Good discussion. For the most part I agree with you.

As to ACA, law itself was always budget neutral, slightly decreasing deficits. But keep in mind part of the funding of ACA was cuts/efficiencies, etc in Medicare. This was part of the ACA law. But after implemented CBO quit tracking the Medicare savings, because that is impossible to do. So future ACA projections will show it increasing deficits because it will no longer show Medicare savings.

(As an aside, and I said it at the time, I would have preferred ACA be deficit neutral even without the Medicare cuts, which I'd have prefered to have gone against its own budget holes)

I found 2016 cbo projections vs your 2013 cbo projections. The projections were somewhat better, but generally tell the same story. The cbo 2016 had 2026 deficit at $1.2 trillion. But with Trump tax cuts and bipartisan spending hikes we will hit that number much sooner.

• gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
                  $1,982
                  Ratings:
                  +1,988 / -244
                  That's pretty much Detroit's point: the entire notion the ACA would "save money and be deficit-neutral" was a heaping pile of dogchit from day 1. Everyone knew there would be no Medicare cuts and no way of tracking the savings even IF it was implemented to a limited degree.

There's a reason Obama kept delaying the deficits via accounting gimmicks; first hiding the true cost of premiums until after the 2012 election...then later until after the 2016 election.

Not sure you can claim in good faith that the ACA wasn't the equivalent of tossing a deficit grenade into the room on the way out..

• Politigator

Oxbucks:
                    $641
                    Ratings:
                    +646 / -1,141
                    I think some of those cuts have already been enacted.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $4,274
                    Ratings:
                    +8,567 / -430
                    You truly are a blind dumbass....over 600,000 manufacturing jobs added in 2 years....I feel for your kids if you aren't smart enough to take advantage of what works for America....

• desertskullz

Oxbucks:
                    $43
                    Ratings:
                    +43 / -16
                    Did you mean to say America or Laos? If manufacturing jobs are some barometer of economic success, explain this graph? What's next? Bring back ag jobs?

[​IMG]

• Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $4,274
                    Ratings:
                    +8,567 / -430
                    What else had declined by 2010?....Here's a few things that did....
                    Wages....
                    Stockmarket holdings
                    Homeownership...
                    Jobs....
                    Self esteem of the average American
                    and certainly not last or least Military power...

See a pattern?

If not here's a few things that increased between 1990 and 2010...
                    Unemployment claims....
                    People on welfare...
                    Taxes....
                    Inflation(through the ceiling)
                    should I go on?...we could be here all night...
                    Food stamps...
                    the deficit.....the most ever in one POTUS(2008-2016)
                    Cost of imported goods

• desertskullz

Oxbucks:
                    $43
                    Ratings:
                    +43 / -16
                    Speaking of manufacturing I checked your first two claims & FAIL

• Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $4,274
                    Ratings:
                    +8,567 / -430
                    Actually you're right....just take out 2000-2005 and it'll be fixed yet look twice as bad for the Assclowns running the show between 1992-2000, and 2008-2016.....

• desertskullz

Oxbucks:
                    $43
                    Ratings:
                    +43 / -16
                    Oh I should’ve guessed it’s the ole dem vs pub - the other LIB meat - how original

• Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $4,274
                    Ratings:
                    +8,567 / -430
                    I don't know about that....But what I do know is that average middle class folks tend to like those 50-70K a year manufacturing jobs a lot better than Government handouts or the $8.50 an hour part time jobs the Obummer administration created....

• Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $6,568
                      Ratings:
                      +13,160 / -46
                      I only used 2015 because it was first thing “pre-trump” I could find in a rush. I wanted 2011 where it was said very publicly that deficit would drop, then pop back to $1T+ in 2018. Whether we use 2011, 2015, or 2016, nothing is really different in principle or fact. Given that, with the spending increase and tax cut, why isn’t the deficit now well north of $1T?