How have our frosh played?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I know its apparently verboten to criticize Dwags around here these days, but what evidence do you have that he is a good recruiter, other than the same Twitter Black Caucus people who thought WiLLLLLLLie was the hire of the century?

just from what I read. There’s basically only 3 recruiters on this staff: Robinson, Scott, and Turner.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
:yawn: Diabate, Big 77 and Elam. I really dont expect much from anyone else.

Wow. You should take a hiatus from this team for a couple of seasons then.

I expect 3 OL starters, 3 DB starters, 3 LB starters, 3 DL (including Humphries), TE starter, RB to get into the rotation, and at least 1 of the WRs to have an impact. That's 15 impact players. "Big 77" was the lowest ranked kid in the class - the odds the higher ranked kids pan out are pretty good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. You should take a hiatus from this team for a couple of seasons then.

I expect 3 OL starters, 3 DB starters, 3 LB starters, 3 DL (including Humphries), TE starter, RB to get into the rotation, and at least 1 of the WRs to have an impact. That's 15 impact players. "Big 77" was the lowest ranked kid in the class - the odds the higher ranked kids pan out are pretty good.

2019 has some good ones. Problem is the attrition is going to lead to massive depth problems.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
2019 has some good ones. Problem is the attrition is going to lead to massive depth problems.

Whittemore, Marks, and Simonds are the only ones I think may not produce. Like I said in that previous post, we should have 15 impact players from the 2019 class. If we lose a few of those 15 it'll cause depth concerns. We need this OL group to pan out....and Humphries. But we're going to need to fill some of these depth issues w/ transfers (I expect at least two this off-season). Our LOS depth is in shambles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I expect ....starters...
Somebody HAS to start, of course. That is the same at FIU.

Those 3 are the ones I expect to earn accolades, maybe not first team sec but honorable mention types. Add Garage to the list.

The rest are "have pulse" types. The WRs are ST players, complete projects.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Somebody HAS to start, of course. That is the same at FIU.

Those 3 are the ones I expect to earn accolades, maybe not first team sec but honorable mention types. Add Garage to the list.

The rest are "have pulse" types. The WRs are ST players, complete projects.

200.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know. I know he’s a hell of a coach. I just haven’t seen a lot over the last year on his recruiting wins.
Yeah, he came in with a lot of fan fare for both, but truth be told our secondary has been meh as has the crootin. Foiled again it seems :(

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know. I know he’s a hell of a coach. I just haven’t seen a lot over the last year on his recruiting wins.
You mean because he brings them home early in the process? Without a lot of drama and plan D, E, and Fs?

I remember once when Ugly paid $800,000 to terrible secondary coach just to try to win a recruiting battle for Kair Elam and lost.

Then he his landed this five star kid.

Those kind of recruiting battles?

Or the blue chippers he landed early in this class?

I'd rather see us landing more Florida kids and less Texas, and certainly no California. However, obviously California was a plan for some reason and he executed what the boss told him to do after he arrived late to the game.

The two positions I don't worry about recruiting or cornerback and weak defensive end - Rush.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You mean because he brings them home early in the process? Without a lot of drama and plan D, E, and Fs?

I remember once when Ugly paid $800,000 to terrible secondary coach just to try to win a recruiting battle for Kair Elam and lost.

Then he his landed this five star kid.

Those kind of recruiting battles?

Or the blue chippers he landed early in this class?

I'd rather see us landing more Florida kids and less Texas, and certainly no California. However, obviously California was a plan for some reason and he executed what the boss told him to do after he arrived late to the game.

The two positions I don't worry about recruiting or cornerback and weak defensive end - Rush.

I was starting to put together a response for this.

But then I realized, that yeah. You’re probably right.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice analysis, but if Elam plays nickel, where does Marco play?

IMO if Marko doesn't leave for the draft, he'll be at star again for us and Elam stays outside, or he'll be opposite Elam if Hendo goes pro. Who plays star in that scenario I don't know, unless it's Burney.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
IMO if Marko doesn't leave for the draft, he'll be at star again for us and Elam stays outside, or he'll be opposite Elam if Hendo goes pro. Who plays star in that scenario I don't know, unless it's Burney.
IMO, Marco has been playing better of late, and could become a star once more.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IMO, Marco has been playing better of late, and could become a star once more.

I agree, I just don't know who else we have on the roster that could play the other corner without a huge drop off. At least Marco has a ton of experience on the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb