Best Posts in Thread: How liberals envision gun purchases

1. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $8,069
    Ratings:
    +16,447 / -160
    Man, I'm so sick of being compared to England or France I can't stand it.

America is different than those places and I love it exactly for that reason. Immediately after our war of independence from English rule, we built a Navy and Marine Corps to travel to the other side of the world and fight Muslim pirates that had been ravaging the entire Mediterranean Sea. Even though the trip was months long for us, vice a few days or weeks for the Europeans, WE were the ones who had to nut up and defeat these barbarians. And we have been the ones nutting up to get the job done around the world ever since. And its not because we are like them, its because we are DIFFERENT than them.

I love V8 engines and 4x4 trucks and insanely fast motorcycles that can jump over houses. I love turbochargers and afterburners and red meat and bacon and work boots and snowmobiles and high power rifles. I love pocket knives and oil rigs and power tools and pulling out the big dog and hitting from the tips.

I love that our national pastime is a violent euphemism for war, where modern day gladiators in body armor destroy each other in a game of power projection and land acquisition, while Europe's pastime is a kids game played in short pants. I love that men hold the door for ladies not because ladies can't open the door but simply because they are men, instead of the modern day reinvention of man into an equivocating, sniveling, pretentious metrosexual.

What's amazing to me is that people are so spoiled they don't see the greatness. 10 men have walked on the moon and they were all Americans. We have the best infrastructure, the best military, the best athletes, the best economy, and IMO the best freedoms on the planet, and the last item on the list is a huge reason for the presence of the preceding items. We are allowed to do crazy stuff, push the envelope, and innovate. None of this stuff is done by people who crave safety and ease of life and boundaries.

Its a fast paced, competitive society and of course along with the winners there are going to be losers who will use their first amendment right to complain that things are unfair or need to be changed. Mandate this and ban that. Give us all little boxes to operate in. I call those boxes prisons. People need to stop finding solutions by creating laws that restrict the freedom of their fellow man. Stop trying to turn the United States into a "safe space," where everybody gets a participation trophy for carrying out their assigned task according to the minimum standard.

#63 Zambo, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    • Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,069
      Ratings:
      +16,447 / -160
      I'm not. We live in a society of 310 million people and some of them are going to do bad things. The panic is from the safe space crowd who wants to change our society in their misguided attempt at preventing the unpreventable. The backlash from me and other likeminded people is the fight against taking away our rights.

• heavychevy

heavychevy water bottle holder

Oxbucks:
        $20
        Ratings:
        +641 / -6
        Does this work?

Sent from my black iPhone 6 in a black otter box case, using Tapatalk app which sits one swipe to the right of my home screen directly beneath my OnStar app

• oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
          Administrator

Oxbucks:
          $24,170
          Ratings:
          +39,573 / -1,452
          This is the one that jumped out at me. A criminal makes a deal with another criminal on the black market for a gun, both of them knowing they are breaking the law because they are, you know, criminals.

How is making it illegal to purchase a gun without a background check going to stop those particular transactions, i.e. the ones that really matter? The people that commit mass shootings and violent crimes are lawbreakers. They don't follow the law. The answer the left always comes up with is more law, more law, more law, and that doesn't address the problem AT ALL.

It's like beating your head against the wall. They just feel like something has to be done, even if it doesn't work and may in fact make the problem worse.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $5,255
            Ratings:
            +8,134 / -90

If there's a penalty for not having it, its a mandate.

• heavychevy

heavychevy water bottle holder

Oxbucks:
              $20
              Ratings:
              +641 / -6
              Ohhh, I think I'll just make my property a stealing-free zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gatorbreath

Gatorbreath The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $262
                Ratings:
                +819 / -23
                On this, in principle, I think we all can agree.

Let's come at this complex and emotional topic from a different perspective. Do you believe a woman should be able to have an abortion right up to the very end of her pregnancy?

If your answer is "no", then obviously you believe in government essentially telling a person what she can do with her body but within the context of protecting another life. The question then becomes, "where's the line?". I think that's where this debate is for the most part today.

If your answer is "yes", then you're on safe "logic ground" with your previous statement, though one might argue that position is untenable morally. I mean, what sort of society effectively kills its newborns? And I don't say that to provoke, but "terminating" a pregnancy at, say, 8 months is effectively killing a baby.

This is a difficult issue. Personally, I could tell the government to go f*ck themselves for a lot less than them trying to tell me what to do with my body. Flipside is, I do believe something "special" occurs at conception and that all human life should be protected and cherished and that a society that sanctions the killing of its young should not be surprised when rampant callousness leads to a devaluation of all human life. I'd refer you to the casualness with which we see so much hate and killing these days.

There are no easy answers here, especially from a secular perspective (within a Judeo-Christian society).

#183 Gatorbreath, Jul 28, 2016
                Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
                • Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $2,808
                  Ratings:
                  +4,160 / -80
                  :raisehand:Give free stuff to lazy people ?

• gatormandan

gatormandan Donk Killa
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $5,314
                    Ratings:
                    +11,145 / -375
                    I am an FFL and have been for 7 years. I have owned guns since I was 13 and have a large collection. I have had a carry permit since 1987 and have carried a firearm every day of my life since. The 2nd amendment was written with zero restrictions and contains the words "shall not be infringed" yet its probably the most infringed upon amendment there is. The "loophole" is a liberal fabrication. In Florida, its completely legal for an individual to sell a firearm to another individual as long as the person receiving the firearm isnt a known felon. This is not a loophole since its already legal. There is no law that can or will be passed that will ever prevent a crazy person from carrying out a mass murder. Any and all laws only restrict law abiding citizens. There are literally thousands of laws on the books already that are worthless in preventing these acts. The highest firearm deaths are in places that have the strictest firearms laws. Meth, coke, heroin and hundreds of other drugs are illegal and banned yet are plentiful all across the world. Banning would only prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. An armed society is a polite society and a safer society.....

• Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $2,808
                      Ratings:
                      +4,160 / -80
                      That's a sale between two private individuals. Has nothing to do with a gun show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
                        $6,961
                        Ratings:
                        +15,092 / -193
                        I just noticed this post in the Best Posts thread. Although I rarely visit this forum I think it's no secret that I'm a liberal. Well maybe more of a libertarian. But definitely more liberal than conservative. I think that if we think reasonably (political parties aside), it is the daring, innovative, frontier pushing, ever-evolving nature of this great county that separates us from all countries.

My God what a great post this was. Really made me proud to be an American.

• bradgator2

bradgator2 Internet Bully
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $4,446
                          Ratings:
                          +10,688 / -76
                          I do nazi the humor in this. Ann Frankly, I find it offensive.

• ufgator2002

ufgator2002 Bleeds Orange and Blue

Oxbucks:
                            $68
                            Ratings:
                            +378 / -18
                            There is nothing wrong with the 2nd Amendment. No need to change it. No amount of change anyone tries to make is going to stop criminals from being criminals. They will get their guns in what ever way necessary. And no amount of changing the 2nd will dissuade them from doing so. What is does change is what our forefathers set down as a common right and that is the right to take up arms and defend ourselves against those whom would do us harm.(Paraphrasing) I will never surrender my arms to anyone as long as I am a law abiding citizen. If I did something stupid and became a felon, then I would, but aside from some asinine mistake, it will never happen. I used weapons to defend our country and I sure as hell will use them to defend me, my family, friends or strangers who are in danger if need be.

• WobbleGator

WobbleGator Chatterbox Mod

Oxbucks:
                              $11
                              Ratings:
                              +2,098 / -8
                              Stop using loopholes to quote and this wouldn't be a problem.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
                                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $5,478
                                Ratings:
                                +15,641 / -318
                                You live in a funny world.
                                Nobody is running around in a panic. Simply acknowledging our weaknesses and having a desire to correct them, is not running around in a panic, it's called preparedness.

• oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
                                  Administrator

Oxbucks:
                                  $24,170
                                  Ratings:
                                  +39,573 / -1,452
                                  Fantastic. Reminded me of this Cadillac commercial, which of course the left hated. Just imagine the nerve of being proud of your country!

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
                                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                    $5,478
                                    Ratings:
                                    +15,641 / -318
                                    :facepalm:

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
                                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                      $6,822
                                      Ratings:
                                      +13,335 / -132
                                      Stick to the narrative....

[​IMG]

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                        $8,069
                                        Ratings:
                                        +16,447 / -160
                                        Allow me to sum up my frustrations with this subject as well as damn near every political football that exists: the answer is somewhere in the middle, yet all of the shouting is done by the people on the extreme end of every issue. Abortion, gun control, military endeavors, immigration and border control, taxation, welfare, spending, and the list goes on.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                          $8,069
                                          Ratings:
                                          +16,447 / -160
                                          I'm pro choice as well but at some point it's not your body just because it's inside you.

The Box

Help

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

1. There are currently no users chatting.
                                              • About Us

Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
                                              • Like us on Facebook

• Buy us a Zima!

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.