How liberals envision gun purchases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pilot-in-fla, Dec 13, 2015.

1. gatormandan

gatormandan Donk Killa
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,868
    Ratings:
    +9,643 / -317
    I am an FFL and have been for 7 years. I have owned guns since I was 13 and have a large collection. I have had a carry permit since 1987 and have carried a firearm every day of my life since. The 2nd amendment was written with zero restrictions and contains the words "shall not be infringed" yet its probably the most infringed upon amendment there is. The "loophole" is a liberal fabrication. In Florida, its completely legal for an individual to sell a firearm to another individual as long as the person receiving the firearm isnt a known felon. This is not a loophole since its already legal. There is no law that can or will be passed that will ever prevent a crazy person from carrying out a mass murder. Any and all laws only restrict law abiding citizens. There are literally thousands of laws on the books already that are worthless in preventing these acts. The highest firearm deaths are in places that have the strictest firearms laws. Meth, coke, heroin and hundreds of other drugs are illegal and banned yet are plentiful all across the world. Banning would only prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. An armed society is a polite society and a safer society.....

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $4,153
      Ratings:
      +6,481 / -179
      Oh I think more can be done too.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $5,202
      Ratings:
      +13,409 / -90
      Man, I'm so sick of being compared to England or France I can't stand it.

America is different than those places and I love it exactly for that reason. Immediately after our war of independence from English rule, we built a Navy and Marine Corps to travel to the other side of the world and fight Muslim pirates that had been ravaging the entire Mediterranean Sea. Even though the trip was months long for us, vice a few days or weeks for the Europeans, WE were the ones who had to nut up and defeat these barbarians. And we have been the ones nutting up to get the job done around the world ever since. And its not because we are like them, its because we are DIFFERENT than them.

I love V8 engines and 4x4 trucks and insanely fast motorcycles that can jump over houses. I love turbochargers and afterburners and red meat and bacon and work boots and snowmobiles and high power rifles. I love pocket knives and oil rigs and power tools and pulling out the big dog and hitting from the tips.

I love that our national pastime is a violent euphemism for war, where modern day gladiators in body armor destroy each other in a game of power projection and land acquisition, while Europe's pastime is a kids game played in short pants. I love that men hold the door for ladies not because ladies can't open the door but simply because they are men, instead of the modern day reinvention of man into an equivocating, sniveling, pretentious metrosexual.

What's amazing to me is that people are so spoiled they don't see the greatness. 10 men have walked on the moon and they were all Americans. We have the best infrastructure, the best military, the best athletes, the best economy, and IMO the best freedoms on the planet, and the last item on the list is a huge reason for the presence of the preceding items. We are allowed to do crazy stuff, push the envelope, and innovate. None of this stuff is done by people who crave safety and ease of life and boundaries.

Its a fast paced, competitive society and of course along with the winners there are going to be losers who will use their first amendment right to complain that things are unfair or need to be changed. Mandate this and ban that. Give us all little boxes to operate in. I call those boxes prisons. People need to stop finding solutions by creating laws that restrict the freedom of their fellow man. Stop trying to turn the United States into a "safe space," where everybody gets a participation trophy for carrying out their assigned task according to the minimum standard.

#63 Zambo, Dec 14, 2015
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
      • oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
        Administrator

Oxbucks:
        $17,497
        Ratings:
        +32,734 / -764
        Fantastic. Reminded me of this Cadillac commercial, which of course the left hated. Just imagine the nerve of being proud of your country!

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
          BANNED

Oxbucks:
          $46
          Ratings:
          +1,461 / -169
          Then why are all you gun-toting-V8 -4X4-war euphamism-fast motorcyle jumping-bacon eating-body armor wearing-warship loving tough guys in such a panic about terrorism?

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $5,202
            Ratings:
            +13,409 / -90
            I'm not. We live in a society of 310 million people and some of them are going to do bad things. The panic is from the safe space crowd who wants to change our society in their misguided attempt at preventing the unpreventable. The backlash from me and other likeminded people is the fight against taking away our rights.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $3,680
              Ratings:
              +13,793 / -264
              What panic?

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
              BANNED

Oxbucks:
              $46
              Ratings:
              +1,461 / -169
              The safe space crowd, the gun toting crowd and the oh my God I am going to be killed by ISIS crowd have about a 95% overlap. Good to know you are in the other 5%.

Also, it is ironic that all the tough guys who love all these rough and tumble things and carry their guns are so fearful that they actually think they need a gun, when statistically the chance that you would ever really need one is REALLY small.

I mostly don't care if law abiding people have guns, or even concealed carry. But I wish they'd be honest. They have them because they like guns, period. It is a toy, just like a little kid in a cowboy hat and holster. It is a hobby, an obsession and a culture, kind of like Harley's. You don't have a gun because you NEED a gun. You have a gun because you WANT a gun.

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
                BANNED

Oxbucks:
                $46
                Ratings:
                +1,461 / -169
                Seriously? How many republicans are running around crying how we aren't "safe" from ISIS?

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $3,680
                Ratings:
                +13,793 / -264
                You live in a funny world.
                Nobody is running around in a panic. Simply acknowledging our weaknesses and having a desire to correct them, is not running around in a panic, it's called preparedness.

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
                  BANNED

Oxbucks:
                  $46
                  Ratings:
                  +1,461 / -169
                  Oh please. Have you not watched any of the Republican debates and the absolute obsession with ISIS and all the discussion about how we aren't "safe"?

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $3,680
                  Ratings:
                  +13,793 / -264
                  Again, acknowledgement doesn't equal panic.

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
                  BANNED

Oxbucks:
                  $46
                  Ratings:
                  +1,461 / -169
                  OK, another one of your word game contests. Panic may a bit hyperbolic, but not too far off. When I hear all of the rhetoric it is much closer to panic than "acknowledgement". Instead of playing these childish word definition games, at least address and debate the clear intent of what I am saying.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $5,202
                  Ratings:
                  +13,409 / -90
                  I find your post to be shrill. I hope that's not too far off.

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
                  BANNED

Oxbucks:
                  $46
                  Ratings:
                  +1,461 / -169
                  Because you disagree with them.

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $5,202
                  Ratings:
                  +13,409 / -90
                  Yes, which is exactly why you would categorize someone talking about the threat of ISIS as a panic.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $3,680
                    Ratings:
                    +13,793 / -264
                    Nah, you just don't like what I said, and can't really refute it :lol:

Your intent is clear.
                    I'm not playing a word game. If anyone is, it's you. I'm sorry but acknowledging our weaknesses and suggesting we fix them is not panic.

• crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $2,006
                      Ratings:
                      +7,887 / -21
                      Do you think these gunshow loophole background checks are going to be more effective than the background checks performed approving Tashfeen Malik's visa?

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $5,202
                      Ratings:
                      +13,409 / -90
                      [​IMG]

• Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
                        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                        $2,805
                        Ratings:
                        +4,157 / -80
                        The same amount as democrats running around saying we aren't safe wit all these guns!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk