How liberals envision gun purchases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pilot-in-fla, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch Mr. SQ, the Sashole
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $9,261
    Ratings:
    +18,897 / -563
    Banning a billion people from entering our country because of their religion qualifies as panic. And it pretty much obliterates the very foundation of what this great country was built on, but let's just ignore that whole aspect of it because a few of them may be planning an attack. As if there aren't already tons of American citizens doing the same damn thing.

2. grengadgy

grengadgy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $41
    Ratings:
    +1,947 / -82
    :bwahaha:

a billion people

3. Captain Sasquatch

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $9,261
    Ratings:
    +18,897 / -563
    1.6 billion Muslims on Earth. Only a few million live in the US. So I was actually off by half a billion. If you don't think Trump's idea to ban over 20% of the world's population from entering this country is panicking, then I don't know what else to say.

4. URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $5,366
    Ratings:
    +15,528 / -312
    First, I've never claimed that Trump wasn't an idiot. Second, your classification of his idea as being a "banning" shows more hysteria than his idea. Pausing immigration practices because we know at the highest level that we have a flaw in the system, and acknowledging that we need to fix it, is again not panic. The US government is given one thing that it must do. You want to guess what that is?

• Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,808
      Ratings:
      +4,160 / -80
      :raisehand:Give free stuff to lazy people ?

• WobbleGator

WobbleGator Chatterbox Mod

Oxbucks:
        $11
        Ratings:
        +2,098 / -8
      • gatormandan

gatormandan Donk Killa
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $5,251
        Ratings:
        +11,081 / -375
        You dont really NEED a gun...hmm. Tell that to the untold thousands of innocent people who are robbed and beaten and raped and killed and those who have suffered home invasions and the like. The vast majority of the liberal establishment who are calling for gun control have armed bodyguards. The rest just havent been a victim YET. Police response times can be upwards of 20 minutes in some areas. Mass murders take less time than that. Its better to have one and not need it than need it and not have it.
        If you choose to be vulnerable and live unprotected, thats your choice and I support it. I may even save your life one day. Why cant you support my decision to refuse to be a victim and to have the ability to protect my family? I am not scared or paranoid. I am prepared. My familys lives are more important than a crack head or rapist who might want to cause them harm. Crime does not discriminate. Doesnt matter where you live or how much money you have or what color your skin is. Police can not protect you. They carry a gun for the same reason I do...to protect themselves. We choose to not be a victim.

• grengadgy

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $41
          Ratings:
          +1,947 / -82
          :doh:

You don't do math, do you?

• ufgator2002

ufgator2002 Bleeds Orange and Blue

Oxbucks:
          $68
          Ratings:
          +378 / -18

Boom, this right here. Well said!

• grengadgy

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $41
          Ratings:
          +1,947 / -82
          :joke:

• Captain Sasquatch

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $9,261
          Ratings:
          +18,897 / -563
          Trump IS an idiot, as are the Republicans who are blindly following him and supporting his ideas. So yes, Trump and his supporters are panicking in response to the San Bernardino and Paris attacks. And once again with the f*cking semantics. You could write a book on that sh*t.

Please explain which part is wrong. Is it the 1.6 billion figure? The 20% figure? Because there are 7 billion people on Earth. 1.6/7=22.8%. There are a few million Muslims in the US. 1.6 billion - 3 million is 1.597 billion. When I first said a billion, I was being modest, but as it turns out, Trump's idea is to keep 1.597 billion people from entering the country.

So is this the strategy from now on? Nitpick semantics and wrongly criticize math work? :lol2:

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $5,366
          Ratings:
          +15,528 / -312
          You really hate discussion that differs from your own world view. We get it.

• Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $2,808
            Ratings:
            +4,160 / -80
            If we take 1.5 billion people into this country Muslim or no we have big problems .

• ufgator2002

ufgator2002 Bleeds Orange and Blue

Oxbucks:
              $68
              Ratings:
              +378 / -18

Well said

• Captain Sasquatch

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $9,261
              Ratings:
              +18,897 / -563
              :lol2::lol2::lol2:

You think that trying to prevent an entire religion from entering the country is a valid plan, despite the fact that it's completely unenforceable.
              Yep, because all 1.5 billion people are trying to get in. FFS. :rolleyes2:

• Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Fallen Mod
              Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
              $631
              Ratings:
              +3,135 / -41
              This is hilarious. In Iraq and Afghanistan, we had troops working around the clock raiding towns and hideouts with one of the main objectives being to collect and destroy weapons caches. Guess what would always happen? Soon after the raids, weapons would end up back in the same area.

Bottom line is no matter what country or circumstance we are in, the ones that want the weapons for illegal purposes will get them. Those were occupied countries where the weapons were actively and forcefully persued. You think another law here is going to eliminate criminals from obtaining them? Laughable, impractical, and naive.

Had these *******s been stopped by the cops and searched with these weapons on them, law could have and would have been enforced. Drugs are illegal, and if you are found with them on your person, the law can then be enforced. Drugs are illegal here, but those that want them will get them.

Instead of running intelligence programs that work to identify high risk individuals, we should take away rights from innocent, law obeying citizens? Lord knows we wouldn't want to hurt a group's feelings and profile them until this mess is straightened out. We would look like a bunch of meanies.

• heavychevy

heavychevy water bottle holder

Oxbucks:
                $20
                Ratings:
                +641 / -6
                well that escalated quickly...

• Captain Sasquatch

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $9,261
                Ratings:
                +18,897 / -563
                There are extreme measures that could be taken, such as completely halting the manufacture of guns and destroying all guns confiscated after crimes (and after they've been used as evidence). They could ban the import of guns or tax them so heavily that nobody wants to import them. If the government wanted to badly enough, they could make it happen, because as I've said before, it's been done elsewhere, so it's not like it's impossible.

Guns aren't like drugs, it's not like you can just manufacture them in your garage and sell them to all your friends. Sure, someone could make a homemade gun, but they sure as sh*t aren't going to mass produce them.

Edit: Nobody has to have guns taken away from them if they're obeying the law. Keep taking guns from the criminals, don't make more available, and we've made progress.

• Captain Sasquatch

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $9,261
                Ratings:
                +18,897 / -563
                Nothing escalated. I've been calling Trump an idiot for years, maybe decades. And URG has been this way since I first started posting with him like 6 years ago. There's a history there.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $5,366
                Ratings:
                +15,528 / -312
                I agree that it's largely unenforceable, I've told you that, and that is partly to do with the fact that the religion promotes lying to nonbelievers, as well as the logistics of it.
                That said, what you are asserting isn't what Trump said. There would be no permanent banishment of the religion, and there is a law on the books that says a President, by proclamation, can restrict anyone he wants from coming here, particularly for national security reasons, you've also been presented that.