How many passing yards versus Idaho?

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing we will have closer to 400 and maybe even more.

Here's my reasoning:
1. At Duke in most cases he was playing defenses with better talent (on paper) than he had on offense. We have way more talent than Idaho.

2. He wants to get his offense as much game time experience as possible in the passing game. (Takes more precision and more moving parts than the run game)

3. Our defense should shut Idaho down giving the offense plenty of time on the field.

4. There will be alot more plays run out of this offense even if we didn't have the advantage mentioned in #3.

5. There will be several big passing plays in this game that will pad those stats.

6. The desire to show the fans that this is a different team and that Muschamp has turned over a new leaf offensively.

These are some of the reasons that I think we will have a big day in the passing game.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
westflgator said:
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing we will have closer to 400 and maybe even more.

Here's my reasoning:
1. At Duke in most cases he was playing defenses with better talent (on paper) than he had on offense. We have way more talent than Idaho.

2. He wants to get his offense as much game time experience as possible in the passing game. (Takes more precision and more moving parts than the run game)

3. Our defense should shut Idaho down giving the offense plenty of time on the field.

4. There will be alot more plays run out of this offense even if we didn't have the advantage mentioned in #3.

5. There will be several big passing plays in this game that will pad those stats.

6. The desire to show the fans that this is a different team and that Muschamp has turned over a new leaf offensively.

These are some of the reasons that I think we will have a big day in the passing game.
I don't think Muschump cares much about #6. Until he proves me wrong, I still think he'd be happy with a 27-14 victory in which we controlled the whole game (regardless of offensive output)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Gator Fever;n36555 said:
Idaho is talking like they are way better this year and think they have a chance against us.

Do you expect them to say anything different?
Normally you just get the standard we will give it everything we have out of teams like that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator said:

Here's my reasoning:

I agree with some of that but when Duke played the 2 teams that had a good defense in that conference they usually had very low passing yards.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
Well you do know the Vandals sacked Rome. Just make sure the mighty Vandals don't sack u and embarrass the entire SEC. Remember Georgia Southern?
alvie, your team is an embarrasment to the SEC every year.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator said:

Here's my reasoning:

If he was playing with equal talent I wonder what those tougher games would've looked like? Remember most of Dukes team were 2-3 star players coming out of HS. In most cases UF will have equal or better talent than the teams we are facing, that makes a big difference when coached properly. Take a look at the stats from like opponents that we faced last year and TAM in 2012. He still did much better with inferior talent than UF did with supposedly much better talent.

TAM 2012: Duke 427 passing & 234 rushing - UF 165 passing & 142 rushing
Miami 2013: Duke 379 passing & 186 rushing - UF 291 passing & 122 rushing
FSU 2013: Duke 140 passing & 99 rushing - UF 115 passing & 78 rushing

I know these are just stats and no two games are alike, but in every single game Roper generated more offense against like opponents than UF with 2 star players. The question is, can he do it playing tougher defenses week in and week out with the better players that he now has at his disposal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.