How many players have been drafted in 2023?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Richardson, Dexter, Torrence in rounds 1 & 2.
Halfway through round 3, not a single Seminole selected.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But we had no talent and it's the players fault
It's 3 players, with only one of those in the first round. Good Christ. I know you have a narrative to push, but that's not a reflection of a plethora of talent. Hell, one of those 3 was even brought over by Napier from ULL.

Bama has had 8 players drafted so far.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
We have had 1 player drafted in the top 25, Richardson and I think 2 more in the top 55. This should really open up some peoples eyes to how bad of a team we actually had last year. 2022 saw only 3 players drafted as well which was the fewest since 2012.

As we we discussed many times, its hard to play great D or even mediocore O with zero talent.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody thought we had the level of talent that teams like Alabama or Georgia had. We still had more talent than most of the teams we played.

Vanderbilt and FSU have zero drafted so far. UK, LSU and Oregon State have had one each.

There is a reason Napier fired Patrick Toney.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep.

An athletic freak player who didn’t play enough to make a huge impact (Richardson).

A player who played the most snaps of any defensive lineman in the country because our depth was so bad. The overuse made him largely ineffectual. (Dexter)

A sunbelt transfer (Cybo)

I expect a few others to get drafted at the bottom of the draft. And some to be UDFAs

Ventrell (5)
Cox (6)
Shorter (6)
Torrence (7)
Dean, Gouriage, Burney (UDFA)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just got off the phone with him. Stricklin's preparing an extension.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You do know that they barely won. And our top five receivers were out. And our defense was historically bad. Literally the worst ever.

Not sure what justification that is. Every team deals with adversity. We lost. They were a better team.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
@cover2 you may have an older brother you didn't know about living in Buffalo, NY.
He's pumped about O'Cyrus Torrence becoming a Buffalo Bill:
1682782153545.png

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think there is some confusion regarding "talent" as in overall talent and a few talented players....

In regards to overall talent it's like I said 2 years ago....we've fallen behind nearly every team in the SEC and even behind in state schools like UCF....it is what it is folks, as a team goes you're only as good as your weakest link....and not nearly as good as a few players who get drafted.......ie....too many holes between the few talented players we had.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what justification that is. Every team deals with adversity. We lost. They were a better team.
It’s not a justification. It’s an explanation.

People are acting like the Seminoles are on an unstoppable upward trajectory, and we are spiraling downward. The Seminoles will come back down to earth this year, and we are on the upward trajectory with our talent acquisition.

Yes, they had a better team last year. But they do not have a better program.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama lost to LSU and Tennessee last year. I don’t think anybody in their right mind would say that those are better programs than Bama.

We lost to FSU and Vanderbilt. Neither of those teams are better programs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said team. Program is another story. But there is no denying that Norvell has done a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.