How Rank Will This Year's Offense Be?

Where will we finish in total offense/total yards for 2021?

• 1-10

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • 50+ (Mullinz Normal)

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
AR15 will start the second half against bama...book it.
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
75fe0a41cd2557.jpg

Stanfordness ACHIEVED!!!!!!

Without the smart players, unfortunately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Resume

Blessed Mediocrity:

2021 40-70th?

2020 #9 because of a Giraffe fracture and being forced to play a QB he hated and an offense he hates

2019 #45

2018 #42 QB Whisperin'

2017 #46

2016 #44

2015 #31 Dak

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2018 LSU, 2018 Michigan (bowl game) & 2019 Auburn.
Im not sure how 2019 Barn was ranked.

Edit: I see, must be using the "ranked at the time we played them".... but unranked at the end of the season.

Ditto with 2020 Dwags, 2018 LSU, 2018 Meatchkn

That is Mullinz favorite kind of "ranked" team.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Im not sure how 2019 Barn was ranked.

Edit: I see, must be using the "ranked at the time we played them".... but unranked at the end of the season.

Ditto with 2020 Dwags, 2018 LSU, 2018 Meatchkn

That is Mullinz favorite kind of "ranked" team.

Yeah, these things are always tricky. Do they use ranked at time the game was played, ranking based on end of season, etc?

Bottom line is we have 0 SEC titles, 0 NCs, 0 NC playoff appearances. Basically during this time frame, we’ve got jack shyt, except for some meaningless stat about beating 5 AP ranked Top 10 teams. And unfortunately for us, our list of zeros above most likely isn’t changing anytime soon so long as Darth Vader is the HC.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Most championship coaches in the modern era have won a title by their 2nd or 3rd year in the driver's seat. Only recent exceptions are dabo and dipsht Jimbo who took a bit longer but were both recruiting at a very high level leading up to doing it.

It's now year 4, and as poor as crootin has been, it's actually getting worse.

We aren't winning jack with this smooth brained hunchback. Next....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Birmingham or Gasparilla Bowl bound. Yippee.
Mehhh.... that is a lot of losses to some absolute garbage teams. I mean the SEC East is probably the weakest division in p5 football by a safe margin.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhh.... that is a lot of losses to some absolute garbage teams. I mean the SEC East is probably the weakest division in p5 football by a safe margin.

UGA, LSU, Bammer all losses.

We play Mizzou on the road in cold weather, and after Dip**** Dan inciting the fight last year, they'll beat us.

We play at UK. If not for Franks getting hurt, we would have lost there by double digits two years ago. The great QB whisperer didn't even have the right QB in the game to begin with. Dan lost the streak too. We'll lose there.

That's 5 losses, mix in a royal ****ting of the bed against USF, SC, or FSU, and we are at 6-6.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said earlier in the thread I can totally see this team quitting on him... yeah I just don't foresee that. of course I did not with Chimp or Butters either.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Reasons for optimism:

We have the QBs Mullen needs to make his offense work in Jones and AR15. Franks was functional, but nowhere near elite as a running QB and Trask was a pocket passer.

The run-blocking game generally did better when Jones was in and running plays vs when Trask was in and handing it off. Obviously, the more mobile QB gives defenders extra areas of responsibility/things to think about; and that'll help next season.

Our RB room is STACKED. Pierce, Davis, Wright, and Bowman are all studs...and there's 5 star Lingard in the mix too. Wright and Bowman are the two I'm most interested to see (Wright seems to have Pierce's aggressiveness and Davis' pass-catching abilities in one package); but one thing's for-sure: we have talented guys in this dept.

WR/TEs will take a step back, but there's talent there too. One thing working in our advantage there is we have size--and in redzone packages, that'll be helpful for our QBs, who won't be as good as Trask throwing into tight windows, but can toss it up and let the WR go up and get it.

I get the reasons for being pessimistic. Mullen's performance last season and this offseason have left much to be desired. Our recruiting is inconsistent at best with glaring holes in the trenches. Truthfully, we'll learn a lot about Mullen this season: if he goes 9-3 (or better), then perhaps he's truly more dialed-in and competitive than we give him credit for. If he turns in his worst season to-date and comes back with a 6-6 or 7-5 record, then he's exactly the coach everyone thought him to be: a middle-of-the-pack, mediocre SEC coach.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I don't recall EJ ever getting up groggy or slow from a hit.? He might be one of those extra-limber guys who endures contact.?
With Mullen, everything depends on the effectiveness plus durability of the QB - too much so.?
Seems all we fans can do is cross our fingers and hope ... er close our eyes and pray.?
I'm pretty sure though that hopelessness-infused anticipation encourages nothing.?
Didn't he break something in his hand during 2019?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Reasons for optimism:

We have the QBs Mullen needs to make his offense work in Jones and AR15. Franks was functional, but nowhere near elite as a running QB and Trask was a pocket passer.

The run-blocking game generally did better when Jones was in and running plays vs when Trask was in and handing it off. Obviously, the more mobile QB gives defenders extra areas of responsibility/things to think about; and that'll help next season.

Our RB room is STACKED. Pierce, Davis, Wright, and Bowman are all studs...and there's 5 star Lingard in the mix too. Wright and Bowman are the two I'm most interested to see (Wright seems to have Pierce's aggressiveness and Davis' pass-catching abilities in one package); but one thing's for-sure: we have talented guys in this dept.

WR/TEs will take a step back, but there's talent there too. One thing working in our advantage there is we have size--and in redzone packages, that'll be helpful for our QBs, who won't be as good as Trask throwing into tight windows, but can toss it up and let the WR go up and get it.

I get the reasons for being pessimistic. Mullen's performance last season and this offseason have left much to be desired. Our recruiting is inconsistent at best with glaring holes in the trenches. Truthfully, we'll learn a lot about Mullen this season: if he goes 9-3 (or better), then perhaps he's truly more dialed-in and competitive than we give him credit for. If he turns in his worst season to-date and comes back with a 6-6 or 7-5 record, then he's exactly the coach everyone thought him to be: a middle-of-the-pack, mediocre SEC coach.
If he goes 9-3 that will tell us what? That he can't beat teams with equal or better talent, that he sucks as a recruiter, at building a staff, and at building or managing a roster, and that there's no chance of competing for any championships as long as ol' numbnuts is in the HC's office? I can tell you that already. Next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.