How to clean dryer vent

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Wondering if AOC will mandate solar dryers

When I was young we only had solar dryers, it was a line of rope that you put your wet clothes on to dry. We had no dryer as today. Saved a lot of energy and reduced carbon as well. How about those climate change folks return to the past?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I was young we only had solar dryers, it was a line of rope that you put your wet clothes on to dry. We had no dryer as today. Saved a lot of energy and reduced carbon as well. How about those climate change folks return to the past?

My parents have never owned a dryer. Line dry only.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a kid, my dad would let me go to work on his construction site and pick up pop bottles for the 2 cent deposit. I picked up enough pop bottles to buy a Red Ryder bb gun. Mom had the sheets hanging on the clotheline and they made a great target. After shooting about 50 holes in the sheets, she came outside to see what I was doing and beat my ass all the way back into the house.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
When I was a kid, my dad would let me go to work on his construction site and pick up pop bottles for the 2 cent deposit. I picked up enough pop bottles to buy a Red Ryder bb gun. Mom had the sheets hanging on the clotheline and they made a great target. After shooting about 50 holes in the sheets, she came outside to see what I was doing and beat my ass all the way back into the house.

Today that would be child abuse.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wondering if AOC will mandate solar dryers
images

Forward to the 6th Century. That is the goal.

umbrella-clothesline-1.jpg

The good news is when you are unemployed and living in your parents basement, you aren't in a hurry for your clothes.

FORWARD!!!!! For the planet!!!!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How long did you have to use those Swiss cheese sheets?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are little lint traps you can buy if exhausting your dryer outside isn't practical. Just a little box that you connect to the dryer. It has water in it that the lint falls into. You just clean it out once in a while. There are also inline auxiliary traps that you can install which keep you from having to blow out the tube. Most of this stuff is for electric dryers only, the gas ones always need a traditional vent I think.

For those who vent straight into the attic, that has got to be not only a huge mess up there but also that lint is a fire hazard.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There are little lint traps you can buy if exhausting your dryer outside isn't practical. Just a little box that you connect to the dryer. It has water in it that the lint falls into. You just clean it out once in a while. There are also inline auxiliary traps that you can install which keep you from having to blow out the tube. Most of this stuff is for electric dryers only, the gas ones always need a traditional vent I think.

For those who vent straight into the attic, that has got to be not only a huge mess up there but also that lint is a fire hazard.

Thanks for the idea, I will check when I finally live in this house and have unpacked some. Perhaps this is already there.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are little lint traps you can buy if exhausting your dryer outside isn't practical.
Assuming the International Building Code means nothing I suppose venting the exhaust is fine if you live above the Arctic Circle.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming the International Building Code means nothing I suppose venting the exhaust is fine if you live above the Arctic Circle.
Hey I didn't invent the things, but you can buy them right at Home Depot.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Three pages covering dryer vent cleaning, design and maintenance. I read them all. Lord help me. Football season needs to start fast!

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Three pages covering dryer vent cleaning, design and maintenance. I read them all. Lord help me. Football season needs to start fast!

Post padding thread??? I do agree that football can't come soon enough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe I clicked on this thread.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I actually bought the kit many years ago and cleaned it myself. Once. Right after had a complete new a/c system installed and for .39c per day I have a complete service plan that covers once per year vent cleaning. Best deal ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb