How to get rid of moles?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Never posted before but I feel obligated to divulge the solution to those of you have been waging the same battle that I have for many years. My primary problem is armadillos but the moles have become a close second. Killing the food source used to work but either the commercial products don't work anymore or the moles and armadillos have decided they just like to tear up my yard for spite. I have also tried unconventional things like black pepper, red pepper, ammonia, and others. Some work for a day or two at most. Several years ago, I built an armadillo trap (doesn't help mole problem) which works quite well but disposal is a problem. This year the moles became a much bigger problem than in the past. I tried some of the mole products from Lowes and Home Depot unsuccessfully. We have a small dog so I avoided those products that can be harmful to pets. A few months ago I discovered "Sonic Pikes" by Molemax at Home Depot. They make a periodic buzzing sound that emulates an injured animal which scares off other animals. The green colored Sonic Spikes (both solar and battery powered) work but are very unreliable, particularly if the bottom is submerged in water for any length of time. I then continued the search and found "Sonic Spikes" by Victor on Amazon. The are battery powered, larger and essentially sealed from water intrusion. I bought a pair, installed them and they have eliminated the mole problem completely and about 95% of my armadillo problem. They are supposed to cover approx 7,500 sq ft. The batteries are supposed to last 3-4 months if I remember correctly. I live surrounded by woods with a band of lawn around the house. I have these and some of the green ones (that still work) on the perimeter of my lawn. It's been about 2 months now and my problem seems to be solved. Try a pair at $24 and see if they work for you!

Amazon.com : Victor M9012 Sonic Spike Mole and Gopher Repellent, 2 Pack : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Thanks, Victor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb