How we learned to love losers

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I’m 54, fcktard - I’m eminently familiar with all of those things.

And it’s your mother that is obsessed with me. She’s insatiable for an 80 year old.

Proud of doing a 80 year old, I just retched in my mouth.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Oh i get it fine. Its ok to call your own players losers now. After Eagles fans booed Santa Claus it was fair game..........
Who wants to go back, Rocket? Certianly not me. I lived through those heartbreaking times. Took it to heart. But it was our team. Our players. But by the "metrics" in here by many they are all losers. But they will have some fun with me about it and ignore it. No problem. If I have learned one thing in the worlds of sports and competing and teaching same is that if you call someone a loser it is more a self definition. Now Ox will run in and tell me that "maybe this is not the place for you because it is for venting" Well I guess Im venting a little.
In
All
Kinds
of Weather.......

corch!!
That Santa Claus the Eagles fans rightfully booed was a complete stumbling drunk. He deserved every boo. As far as winners and losers, some people win and some lose. Been that way since the beginning of time. Losing isn't a bad thing. Nobody can win them all. Accepting losing is another story.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We’ve had Pappy’s and will always want it when we can get it. Mullen is like Jake Daniels. It’s pretty good and consistent. Corch wants us to be happy with Old Crow.
Sadly, I've never had the pleasure of trying Pappy but just put it on my bucket list. I'm a bourbon fan too so definitely need to make this happen one day. I'd even settle for Rip Van Winkle. In the meantime I think I'll get a bottle of Buffalo Trace as a Christmas Present to myself.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Damn I got some good laughs in here this morning. I forget how good it gets in here when I reach my limit with "everything sucks" regardiing our program and I finally say somthing. At least that Johnson kid is gonna live and probably make it back to playing again. I want him to get rich playing BB someday.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, I've never had the pleasure of trying Pappy but just put it on my bucket list. I'm a bourbon fan too so definitely need to make this happen one day. I'd even settle for Rip Van Winkle. In the meantime I think I'll get a bottle of Buffalo Trace as a Christmas Present to myself.

Got this for my BIL as a Christmas present
AC92E21E-2016-4223-B74B-F176B63B33F3.jpeg

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’m 54, fcktard - I’m eminently familiar with all of those things.

And it’s your mother that is obsessed with me. She’s insatiable for an 80 year old.

Hey You smegma sucking clown...my mother is dead...maybe if you satisfy your lonely wife you won't need to perform necrophilia.

And you're 54 then you are 1 year from AARP...junior..

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After reading through this thread I have to say that I agree with the OP and several of the other octogenarians who posted. Winning sucks. All it does is create expectations for more winning which....you know.....would also suck. I long for the days of leather helmets and 170 pound linebackers when it wasn't whether you won or lost it was how you played the game. When you could proudly chide other schools for their winning ways and lack of mediocrity knowing at least your players were good boys who went to church on Sunday and your coach could belt out a killer version of "Bringing in The Sheaves". When players used to be happy with a slap on the back and a "Damn fine effort!" after losing to Rice. Those guys were all my heroes and made me feel like I was a part of the team because I knew that I probably COULD have been a part of those teams ....and probably started!

All winning and expectations do is create toxicity and leads to wanting accountability from the coaches who are paid millions of dollars a year. And that's just mean.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Got this for my BIL as a Christmas present
I’d hit that. Two times!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
After reading through this thread I have to say that I agree with the OP and several of the other octogenarians who posted. Winning sucks. All it does is create expectations for more winning which....you know.....would also suck. I long for the days of leather helmets and 170 pound linebackers when it wasn't whether you won or lost it was how you played the game. When you could proudly chide other schools for their winning ways and lack of mediocrity knowing at least your players were good boys who went to church on Sunday and your coach could belt out a killer version of "Bringing in The Sheaves". When players used to be happy with a slap on the back and a "Damn fine effort!" after losing to Rice. Those guys were all my heroes and made me feel like I was a part of the team because I knew that I probably COULD have been a part of those teams ....and probably started!

All winning and expectations do is create toxicity and leads to wanting accountability from the coaches who are paid millions of dollars a year. And that's just mean.

And let's make UF Elite, be Champions of Life, Opt out because I'm more Important, and settle for 9-10 wins per year and a Trip to the Outback Bowl

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And let's make UF Elite, be Champions of Life, Opt out because I'm more Important, and settle for 9-10 wins per year and a Trip to the Outback Bowl
But but but but, being fourth in the SEC is A NY6 BOWL NOW.

Totally different than Outback.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hey You smegma sucking clown...my mother is dead...maybe if you satisfy your lonely wife you won't need to perform necrophilia.

And you're 54 then you are 1 year from AARP...junior..

She’s just been laying there for a while now...maybe this explains it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator