How we learned to love losers

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
you mofos would kill to look that buff at Zookers age in that pic. And have 1/8 the money he has made........He did recruit us a national title for Urbs.........

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Got this for my BIL as a Christmas present
That is some fine ass stuff right there, lucky bytch!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were classic underachievers in the 1970s. Tremendous talent on both sides of the ball, playmakers all over the place, a head coach who maddeningly had no clue of how to exploit the advantage. Year after year, UGA would find a weasel way to beat us. We weren’t happy by any stretch of the imagination. We were frustrated as hell over “management.”

Bear Bryant called Florida a “sleeping giant.” That “right person” could step in and wake up the giant, he said. Turns out we had two, Pell and Spurrier, the latter of whom unleashed the full tiger.

When we talk about lovable losers, we’re really just talking about Doug Dickey, all Fourth-and-Dumb of him. Nice man, horrible sideline coach.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
We were classic underachievers in the 1970s. Tremendous talent on both sides of the ball, playmakers all over the place, a head coach who maddeningly had no clue of how to exploit the advantage. Year after year, UGA would find a weasel way to beat us. We weren’t happy by any stretch of the imagination. We were frustrated as hell over “management.”

Bear Bryant called Florida a “sleeping giant.” That “right person” could step in and wake up the giant, he said. Turns out we had two, Pell and Spurrier, the latter of whom unleashed the full tiger.

When we talk about lovable losers, we’re really just talking about Doug Dickey, all Fourth-and-Dumb of him. Nice man, horrible sideline coach.

Coaching at one school Dickey went 3-2-1 against Bryant and was 0-5 while coaching at another. You know who the two schools are.

Pell went up against his mentor Bryant and lost 40 - 0 or something like that at Florida Field. After the game Pell said to Bryant "Coach you've either got the best team in the country or we're just not very good." Bryant without blinking an eye underneath the houndstooth replied, "We're not very good either, but son your team is flat out piss poor,"

I would have liked to have seen a Spurrier - Bryant match up. Never happened. The Urban Meyer - Nick Saban head to heads were classic.

Merry Christmas to you and the nurse.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JFC is there anyone younger than half-a-hundred around here? It’s like a gawt damned nursing home here - I’m surprised half of you f*cking geriatrics haven’t died of COVID, you old f*cks. I bet the ratio of jitterbugs to posters is off the charts.
Aw lighten up Junior! You’re about a year away from joining all us old reprobates at Hardee’s in the morning for coffee and at Golden Corral at 4:30 for dinner (so we can beat the rush and get back home in time for Wheel of Fortune). Whenever you can join us, I want to have a little talk with you about this Necrophilia business. Sounds kinda weird, but I guess you don’t have to hear any critiques from your partner like “30 Seconds Over Tokyo” or “Hon, have you noticed your nuggets hang lower than your dickie?” You know what I’m talkin’ about ;)!

*This thread has a comic value that exceeds any serious discussion of winners or losers!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You apparently don’t realize he won back to back SEC Championships at Tennessee the immediate 2 years before we hired him away from them. He played QB for us and his dad was a long term UF Professor.

Sometimes you just can’t go back home.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You apparently don’t realize he won back to back SEC Championships at Tennessee the immediate 2 years before we hired him away from them. He played QB for us and his dad was a long term UF Professor.

you can't get the stink off of hound dwag or a bulldwag

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Oh yes I do realize who he is/was. He got all caught up in the triple option craze and felt it would translate like a Texas Longhorn in Gainesville. Dickey was oddly the same and the opposite of SOS. They were both front runners, but they went about their business by polar opposite means. When Dickey’s teams fell behind early, they were effed by their one-dimensionalism.

By the way, his kid, Daryl, was born in Gainesville and went on to quarterback Tennessee. He later coached quarterbacks at several schools, including FSU.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yes I do realize who he is/was. He got all caught up in the triple option craze and felt it would translate like a Texas Longhorn in Gainesville.
one of the many reasons I despise option football.

high risk, low reward. so fuchsing stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator