How will history memorialize?

Ninjax

Nov 21, 2017
40 years from now...what will be Urban's legacy? UF coach with 2 national championships...or OSU's coach?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A gun for hire after he takes the Southern Cal job next year after being "healed" by Ernest Angley in Akron, Ohio.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I see a 30/30 in his future after he has a stroke while driving and runs of a bridge with a 24 yr old coed in the car. Just saying.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A gun for hire after he takes the Southern Cal job next year after being "healed" by Ernest Angley in Akron, Ohio.

Any post with an Ernest Angley reference gets an automatic like. Watched him growing up and found it to be one of the best "comedy shows" on TV "HEAL" "HEAL" :lmao2:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Any post with an Ernest Angley reference gets an automatic like. Watched him growing up and found it to be one of the best "comedy shows" on TV "HEAL" "HEAL" :lmao2:

He's actually 97 and still alive per Wiki.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Probably his career is not yet over. If his actual health issues can be addressed and folks forget his poor judgment then he will be back at some level. I would go to a lower level where his ability would make success easier.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

If you are gonna do Ernest Angley, you gotta go with this.

" Say baby"......."Say Jesus"........." Say baby Jesus".....

It was the best sitcom on TV back in the day.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My wife made a spicy chilli using London broil steak meat and talula hot sauce among other things. It was delish!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The opening sentence on Wiki will be that pound for pound he was one of the greatest college football coaches of all time.

And there will be anywhere from six to a dozen asterisks following that sentence.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Over time the shine of three Naties will grow and the tarnish of all the other crap will fade a little...IF Urban quits for good and doesn't screw up another program. Given some time Urban himself may remember his stint at Florida more fondly than his time at THE OSU. Two Naties greater than one Natie.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shelly laments his intensity. It's an intensity to compete, which for so many of these guys is like a drug.

Hard to imagine Urban Meyer being done with college football. It's how he defines himself.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great Coaches are a rare commodity......

In 20 years he will be universally celebrated despite the closet full of skeletons.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
I’ve been telling one of my Bama friends that Urban could sit on Saban’s throne after he retires. He vomited.

Also FSU would fire Taggart in a millisecond after year 2 if they knew they could get Urban.

Either one of those scenarios would really impact how Urban is viewed IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.