Hunter Joyer ?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone notice how many snaps he was in on ? I am just curious because I thought he was one of the players that this new spread offense would limit his playing time some. I remember seeing him in on one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
McGee getting hurt probably opens up snaps at H.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n44346 said:
McGee getting hurt probably opens up snaps at H.

It will definitely get Jones more passes - I guess it will depend on how Joyer caught the ball during practice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The H is also the "fullback" if you will. Sometimes just blocking for the tailback and sometimes just in pass protection too.

I hope we see him. Remember that the thing that finally "fixed" the 06 offense was putting Latsko on the field per Urban Meyer.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n44360 said:
The H is also the "fullback" if you will. Sometimes just blocking for the tailback and sometimes just in pass protection too.

I hope we see him. Remember that the thing that finally "fixed" the 06 offense was putting Latsko on the field per Urban Meyer.

Yep because Leak wasn't much of a runner. With Driskel I think it just leaves him out most of the time - like when Tebow took over - but in 07 we did use the fullback a little unlike 08 and 09.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Latsko wasn't much of a runner either. When we get into the big games and we don't have Superman to run over an SEC LB or safety or two or three, we'll need a FB. Roper isn't new to the SEC. He knows the deal. He has always played FBs in the past from what I recall.

Luckily we have the best FB in the country. He really doesn't need reps. We know what we have in him. Yesterday was about working on the passing game.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He did get in one or two plays yesterday, but he will certainly play more as law has said. Mcgee going down certainly sucks, but I don't think that loss is a killer. Burton played great yesterday and I think both Joyer and Jones can do well in that role.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Both Roper and WM have said that he has a number of plays drawn up for him, if you look at the depth chart he's now under fullback/ b position. I do know the Roper has said multiple times that he likes his hands and running ability. I think that Law is right in that they know what they have in him and IMO they did what they needed to do insofar as the passing game and especially getting the young receivers touches and out on the big stage. Also noticed they weren't really pushing the uptempo pace and kept it fairly "vanilla".

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So vs UK we get to see Joyer and Adam Lane have some touches ?
I completely forgot about the absence of that super up-tempo.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was in there a lot in the redzone as a lead blocker. I dont see him getting many balls this year because of all the playmakers we have (that feels really good to say). He will probably get a few catches on trick plays where Driskel rolls one way and Joyer slips out the other, or maybe a few 3rd and shorts.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
He did get in one or two plays yesterday, but he will certainly play more as law has said. Mcgee going down certainly sucks, but I don't think that loss is a killer. Burton played great yesterday and I think both Joyer and Jones can do well in that role.
I hope you are right.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Joyer and hope Rope can find ways to use his skill set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.