Hurricane Dorian

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How many more of these incidents do we need before we recognize that college football needs to start the last weekend of September/first weekend of Oct. Wouldn't make it perfect, and you'd still have some storm risks. But this is 3 of the last 4 seasons that teams are having to completely alter their schedule(and potentially season) due to hurricanes. Not to mention the heat concerns for fans of all southern schools. This doesn't work.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How many more of these incidents do we need before we recognize that college football needs to start the last weekend of September/first weekend of Oct. Wouldn't make it perfect, and you'd still have some storm risks. But this is 3 of the last 4 seasons that teams are having to completely alter their schedule(and potentially season) due to hurricanes. Not to mention the heat concerns for fans of all southern schools. This doesn't work.
Didn’t use to be this way, either. It’s almost as if the climate has changed. :scratchchin:

:stirpot:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

There's only 2 realistic options to combat this problem. Move the season back a couple weeks or start nuking the fck out of hurricanes.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t use to be this way, either. It’s almost as if the climate has changed. :scratchchin:

:stirpot:
Crazy huh? How else would you explain that 31 of these things hit the US in the 90s....followed by 25 of these things in the 2000s.....followed by 18 of these things in the 2010s?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy huh? How else would you explain that 31 of these things hit the US in the 90s....followed by 25 of these things in the 2000s.....followed by 18 of these things in the 2010s?
The crappy part now is the intensity of them all. Hotter water equals stronger storms. I’ll take 20 Cat 1 hurricanes, I don’t enjoy the major ones.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
To those that don't like my idea above, what's the down side? September is typically the worst month, not only for storms but also heat. Even if you simply pushed it out 3 weeks, it would help. Games could still finish before the holidays, and both Playoff and Conference Championships are played in early January, giving teams time to max prepare or recover injury wise before a trophy-worthy game.

I don't see any negatives.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To those that don't like my idea above, what's the down side? September is typically the worst month, not only for storms but also heat. Even if you simply pushed it out 3 weeks, it would help. Games could still finish before the holidays, and both Playoff and Conference Championships are played in early January, giving teams time to max prepare or recover injury wise before a trophy-worthy game.

I don't see any negatives.
Only complication would be preseason camp during the start of classes. (LOL classes)

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
The crappy part now is the intensity of them all. Hotter water equals stronger storms. I’ll take 20 Cat 1 hurricanes, I don’t enjoy the major ones.

:exactly:

Stop it with the common sense.

Luckily for you guys you weren't alive from 1957 to 1965 or you'd have witnessed 5 of the top 10 most severe hurricanes in history. I guess lucky for us we've had zero ranked in that category in 14 years.:lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is no data to support this conclusion. There are plenty of opinions though. Is Dorian going to be a major hurricane like Harvey or Katrina? Please visit the National Hurricane Center website, they have plenty of educational studies showing exactly what all these named storms have done in the past. About the only thing you can say is increasing is the amount of property damage, which is mainly due to the ever increasing number of people and amount of infrastructure in the strike zone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's keep political jargon out of this thread, please. Anything further that I interpret as politics will be deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb