Hurricane Dorian

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Don’t care this weekend! Getting the house (St Aug) as prepared as I can before I tuck tale..... I noticed a lot of gas cans getting filled at every station I passed.

Stay safe,

Go Gators

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@SQ - Why? You be you!

Just don't let Sas be Sas.

To those that don't like my idea above, what's the down side? September is typically the worst month, not only for storms but also heat. Even if you simply pushed it out 3 weeks, it would help. Games could still finish before the holidays, and both Playoff and Conference Championships are played in early January, giving teams time to max prepare or recover injury wise before a trophy-worthy game.
I don't see any negatives.

So obvious, you are extending the off-season.

Let's keep political jargon out of this thread, please. Anything further that I interpret as politics will be deleted.

I think we can all vote for that.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to this hurricane, I pray it weakens, causes minimal damage, injures no one.
If we have an uneventful hurricane, will climate change be ashamed?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The fact these models showing it slowing down as it approaches the coast, smack dab over the Gulf Stream, is not a good thing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I said I would delete the political BS and I have.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Dorian is out to destroy not only weekend football, but lives as well. I'm currently in the direct path of this storm, so I'll be spending my holiday weekend putting up shutters, etc. To say this sucks balls is a very large understatement.

Stay safe everyone.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well, Dorian is out to destroy not only weekend football, but lives as well. I'm currently in the direct path of this storm, so I'll be spending my holiday weekend putting up shutters, etc. To say this sucks balls is a very large understatement.

Stay safe everyone.

You have a continuity plan for GatorChatter, correct? :)

Stay safe!

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
I'm not sure how to act. For 25 years I was on Orange Counties emergency response team and spent my time worrying about everybody elses safety while Mrs51 took care of our house. Now I'm retired and thinking wtf do I do.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Be safe out there and if I or any one of you don’t make it, I love you all and f v c k georgia.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Sasquatch gets the site to run as he sees fit.

Look forward to fits.

I'm not sure how to act. For 25 years I was on Orange Counties emergency response team and spent my time worrying about everybody elses safety while Mrs51 took care of our house. Now I'm retired and thinking wtf do I do.

... take care of Mrs51. Don't want to hear that you're blown away by this.
My prayers are for Dorian to bounce outward to sea, peter out o'er ocean - no inland punch.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
To those that don't like my idea above, what's the down side? September is typically the worst month, not only for storms but also heat. Even if you simply pushed it out 3 weeks, it would help. Games could still finish before the holidays, and both Playoff and Conference Championships are played in early January, giving teams time to max prepare or recover injury wise before a trophy-worthy game.

I don't see any negatives.
I gave that a WTF but you make a lot sense. Even without the hurricanes we lost a game for storms and lightning recently. I have the 1966 schedule on a very old lighter from UF. First game was Sept 17th. Sept. is a mess in Fla the last few years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wonder what Donald is thinking right now. Looks like it's heading possibly right over his house. And we've seen how he handles these moments. He usually loses his cool and ends up doing more harm than good. Probably gonna take Mickey and Daisy to talk some sense into him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what Donald is thinking right now. Looks like it's heading possibly right over his house. And we've seen how he handles these moments. He usually loses his cool and ends up doing more harm than good. Probably gonna take Mickey and Daisy to talk some sense into him.
He should drop a nuke on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb