Hurricane Ian / Nicole Thread

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
The power just came back on! Whew!! That was a long 17 hours. Now, I can turn on the TV, look at the devastation caused by the storm, and begin feeling like a little bytch for pouting all morning just because I had no AC.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
The power just came back on! Whew!! That was a long 17 hours. Now, I can turn on the TV, look at the devastation caused by the storm, and begin feeling like a little bytch for pouting all morning just because I had no AC.
no generator?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't get the generator to start!!
slingblade-no.gif

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This weeks game button:

Attachments

• F6E3462E-B605-4C72-A318-8EF6DDBFE060.jpeg
    F6E3462E-B605-4C72-A318-8EF6DDBFE060.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 15

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
The devastation in Captiva and Sanibel Islands is tough to see…such a beautiful quaint little place down there…the one way in one way out causeway bridge is damaged so not sure how those residents and business owners are going to be able to return….

If you guys and gals are interested in donating/volunteering to relief efforts, VolunteerFlorida.org is the best…it’s a private fundraising group headed up by First Lady DeSantis…don’t give to the Red Cross and UNICEF clowns

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I couldn't get the generator to start!!
I have a generator that will run the whole house (battery start). I bought 30 gallons of gas for it and of course I have a bunch of food and water. My wife cans all kinds of stuff and I have buckets of dry food if needed. We could eat good for a while. Plus, I have a gas oven range that doesnt require electric. I also have a swimming pool with 17k gallons of water if needed. Not to mention I am a firearms dealer with a complete collection. I am thankful I completely missed this one but I am prepared for the next. Prayers for all affected by this monster.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have a generator that will run the whole house (battery start). I bought 30 gallons of gas for it and of course I have a bunch of food and water. My wife cans all kinds of stuff and I have buckets of dry food if needed. We could eat good for a while. Plus, I have a gas oven range that doesnt require electric. I also have a swimming pool with 17k gallons of water if needed. Not to mention I am a firearms dealer with a complete collection. I am thankful I completely missed this one but I am prepared for the next. Prayers for all affected by this monster.
Dan, you live in Iowa.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Anybody ever been to Matlacha, a small fishing village north of Ft Myers you pass through to get to pine island?

It very well may have gotten wiped off the map yesterday. Here’s what the bridgewater inn looks like now. The hotel was built on a dock, and I’ve Spent many a drunken days there dropping a line right outside my hotel door.

Very sad day. RIP Bert’s Bar: two doors down from the Bridgewater. This makes me sad, very nice employees at both places.

1664486294229.jpeg

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
serious question....i live in New Hampshire.....will they game be played Sunday....I know hurrican is gone...but wondering about damage, roads, availability to get to and from game, etc?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Dan, you live in Iowa.
I just looked that place up. It said that many residents are strangely and weirdly led to make plastic toys and action figures. Many people outside of the state have wondered if all the institutions surrounding that place have chosen to release patients there. I am calling Dr. Phil tomorrow to discuss the issue.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
76 and mostly cloudy here in Denver.
All the wife’s relatives in Seminole and Pinellas Park are doing well

Hopefully hurricane Charley a few years ago toughened up some of the rebuild and new construction in that part of the state.

At least that’s what StormtrackerJimCantore (one word) was pontificating about this morning

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Anybody ever been to Matlacha, a small fishing village north of Ft Myers you pass through to get to pine island?

It very well may have gotten wiped off the map yesterday. Here’s what the bridgewater inn looks like now. The hotel was built on a dock, and I’ve Spent many a drunken days there dropping a line right outside my hotel door.

Very sad day. RIP Bert’s Bar: two doors down from the Bridgewater. This makes me sad, very nice employees at both places.

View attachment 49372
I grew up on the Cape

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.