Hurricane Ian / Nicole Thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With the game certain to be cancelled this weekend, I'd like to make this the Hurrican Ian thread. I want our members to be safe, as it looks like this is going to slam Florida pretty good. I'm fairly fortunate that I'm mostly out of the cone on the southeast coast, but many of our members aren't so lucky.

Post in here with your situation so we can all root for you.

Discuss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Current situation:

102341_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thread title says UF vs. EMU. Looks like a tough opponent.

Or is that Trey Dean immediately after the defense is called and right before the ball is snapped?

Attachments

• 1664196493761.png
    1664196493761.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I live in the suburbs just EAST of Tampa, so we don't have the flooding concerns like our neighbors who live closer to the water. My biggest concern is loss of power, and I have a generator for that (though I really hate the thought of lugging it out to the backyard and firing it up).

Prayers for all in the path.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, looks like Ian is making a bee line for the ol' PaulDrake homestead here in Jacksonville, FL. My family doesn't live in a flood zone but JEA is notorious for its power outages and poor response. Sometimes we'll just have a light rain and [zzzzaaappp!] the power goes out.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
We've been watching it with tremendous concern over here in Pensacola these past few days. Everyone here knows all too well how storms can gain momentum and make a beeline to the panhandle once they reach the Gulf. Last night's shift to the East is letting everyone over this way breathe a little easier, but it's still too early to get comfortable. He's a big slumbering bastard that I want no part of.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I live in the suburbs just EAST of Tampa, so we don't have the flooding concerns like our neighbors who live closer to the water. My biggest concern is loss of power, and I have a generator for that (though I really hate the thought of lugging it out to the backyard and firing it up).

Prayers for all in the path.

Prayers Layla.

Do yourself a favor and go buy 5 gallon gas cans and FILL them now.

Ida came in 90 miles west of me and we had no power for a week...And gas was a 2 hr drive one way.

Start filling water jugs and if you have a freezer, freeze them. They'll keep your freezer cold for several days and you'll have water.

Also have your BBQ pit ready.

Again hope and prayers this is a nothing burger.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Who's the dumbazz who didn't put in an "Act of God" clause??? Asking for a friend...I'm just hoping for some rain up here in NE Georgia; all y'all be safe...go Gators... :jog:

Let's blame Napier, seems like everything else is his fault.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So, three straight Saturdays of rain during tailgating and late games, one beautiful weekend for an away game, and now this. As was mentioned, we need wins and momentum for the next two weeks. Plus I promised my son a surprise for something extra I already paid for. My God, 2022 sucks.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I just talked to the office and they’re saying the same thing. But the fact that it’s even being mentioned by Stricklin says it all. I’ve seen this episode too many times.
Agreed (LSU PTSD...). The official "Parents of UF Class of 22XX" FB pages are going bananas because it's not only the game, but UF's official "Parents Weekend." I'm sure the athletic office is getting BOMBED with calls. For a mental image of "bananas," picture any episode of what "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" would be like, but they have a kid at UF that is a freshman and they have flights and hotels booked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.