Hurricane Ian / Nicole Thread

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Agreed (LSU PTSD...). The official "Parents of UF Class of 22XX" FB pages are going bananas because it's not only the game, but UF's official "Parents Weekend." I'm sure the athletic office is getting BOMBED with calls. For a mental image of "bananas," picture any episode of what "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" would be like, but they have a kid at UF that is a freshman and they have flights and hotels booked.
That's funny. In five years at Florida, my parents were only on campus once, when I graduated. Dad dropped me off at the dorm (old Hume Hall) in September of my freshman year. Literally. From then until graduation I was on my own to get to and from home. Went home every Thanksgiving (missing all the Miami games), Christmas and summers to work. It wasn't that they didn't want to see me, they just expected a grown 18 year old man to take care of himself.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agreed (LSU PTSD...). The official "Parents of UF Class of 22XX" FB pages are going bananas because it's not only the game, but UF's official "Parents Weekend." I'm sure the athletic office is getting BOMBED with calls. For a mental image of "bananas," picture any episode of what "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" would be like, but they have a kid at UF that is a freshman and they have flights and hotels booked.

Exactly. Teresa did a 2 year bid in prison and watched her husband get deported. She’s sorry to hear about the little rainstorm, but expects kickoff to go as scheduled.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Exactly. Teresa did a 2 year bid in prison and watched her husband get deported. She’s sorry to hear about the little rainstorm, but expects kickoff to go as scheduled.
The Jersey Mom's with UF kids are cra cra... it's just like the show!

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just moved this summer to N Central FL from downtown Saint Pete. Been through many hurricanes. I'm just really worried about power going out because we are very very rural. I haven't had time to get everything set up yet so I'm praying for the power to stay on.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
BN kind of called out special teams return game. Also said one player in secondary blew assignment on two plays. Said plenty of times 10 guys executing and one with their thumb up their a$$ (paraphrasing)

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
You play football in the rain, wind, and lightning. It ain't like that sissy baseball game.
Except for when the first responders may be pulled elsewhere to deal with the aftermath of the storm. I understand the desire to play on, but there seem to be a few other factors at play here that aren't football related. If the storm veers West, then we're in agreement. Otherwise I would caution against wanting to tax important resources such as police and medical personnel that may be required to be in the Panhandle.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Mrs G headed down to Pasco today to see her folks - was scheduled long before we knew anything about Ian. The only change in plans was she decided - wisely - to leave the dog at home with me. Oh that and she may come home several days earlier than expected and with a pair of passengers in the car. (She's having bad luck on games so far his season; she woke up sick - it later turned out to be Covid - the morning of the Utah game and stayed at the hotel and now a hurricane may block her from this Saturday's game.)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My area had no power for 8 days after Irma which dropped 12 inches of rain that caused some unbelievable inland flooding. I'm really hoping to not repeat all that, although I am 10x more prepared now.

Even 60 hours out, this thing could be absolutely nothing or truly devastating depending on the path. Cedar Key is kinda setup to be another Mexico Beach situation.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My area had no power for 8 days after Irma which dropped 12 inches of rain that caused some unbelievable inland flooding. I'm really hoping to not repeat all that, although I am 10x more prepared now.

Even 60 hours out, this thing could be absolutely nothing or truly devastating depending on the path. Cedar Key is kinda setup to be another Mexico Beach situation.

Either way, I don’t see any scenario where that pergola makes it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's just amazing that due to this angle of approach, and only 2 days out, that is has possible landing anywhere between Destin to Naples

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Why would they cancel a game for thunder storms in Georgia?

Saturday's forecast. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's laughable that it won't be cancelled - they aren't going to want people traveling into possibly the heart of a storm for a football game. Expect a formal cancellation by Wednesday at the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb