Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We have the national guard out here, that's when you know sh!t just got real.
Actually, no, it's not. I spent 10 years in the flroida guard doing regular hurricane duty, and more often than not we ended up being sent to places where not much was going on, and the storms didnt end up being very serious.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Plan is to head to Jax in the morning and help some friends clean up their place on the St Johns river all weekend.

IMG_2715.png

They have no clue where the gazebo came from. :lol:

IMG_2716.jpg

Pretty amazing.... the home is a small, old fishing shack built in the 40s. Huge oaks tower over it and massive branches laying everywhere. The house has zero damage.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
84 hours without power.

My family went to a friend's house in town who NEVER lost power and had hot showers and did all the laundry. I stopped by at the end of the day and they all had made a nice home cooked meal and I got a warm shower. That was nice.

SECO now has an online interactive workzone map... and our area is officially on a crew this morning.
Hope you're up soon Brad....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
*whew* Finally got power and water back. Only damage was a few trees thought some sections of fence.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
the power companies here LCEC and FPL are saying several weeks without power for Lehigh Acres, Immokalee, and Marco Island. We got the eye over here when it made a slight east turn.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If you have some sort of manufactured house near the coast it won't survive a hurricane. You might get damage or flooding with to code construction.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just checking in here. Still no power, but no damage either. Been busy helping other people clean up earlier this week, might have more to do this weekend.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you get back up and running soon Dougie.....this heat is damned near oppressive even for a long time resident like myself.

I'm a lifetime resident, and it was getting pretty nasty. Wife is a carpetbagger and she was done with it... but last night we finally got power. They have about 12 crews working around our neighborhood due to downed lines and blown transformers.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Got power back yesterday and back online. Just in time, wasn't sure I'd make the game this weekend. Didn't even have a lot of wind here in Citrus County. Our electrical grid must be terrible.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait...weren't you the one bragging about lucking into a generator and a portable a/c unit.

I have a small generator and a window AC unit keeping a single bedroom hospitable. I am very fortunate to have that and in a much better situation than a ton of people.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We finally got power on Tuesday night around 1030 pm. We are missing a few shingles and we had a few trees blown down so our backyard is now a little bigger. We rode out the storm sunday night/morning. My 1 year old son slept through the whole thing. We went to stay at my brother in laws on Monday and Tuesday cause he never lost power. We had the house to ourselves cause he is overseas for a couple of weeks.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
State Road 18 near Brooker. Stay away from back roads for the game.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get home to a backyard full of pecan, black cherry and oak limbs! Glad none of my hackberry trees came down, esp on neighbors house! And my damn chainsaw ain't working worth a ****. Runs for about 5 minutes and stops. Working great 3 weeks ago! Pos.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Still fucck Duke Energy. Still no power. I gave up today after a 5th day of not seeing any trucks in the hood. I've escaped to the Cocoa Bch condo where they just got power woot woot gonna sleep with AC tonight and take a hot shower. Interestingly most of A1A is apparently out of power as there are signs up on down the road pleading with FPL to turn on power. Got my first ice cubes in 5 days also. No TV/internet but I found a $7 digital antenna at Publix and now I get two channels - Hogan's Heroes or America's Got Talent. And I made my phone a hotspot so now I have internet on the laptop. Living' large!

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm in Ocala (obviously), northeast of town, power was out for around 22 hours before Ocala Electric got us back on, almost passed out when I saw the truck come down the street and told everyone else they were just teasing us, 30 minutes later, boom lights came back on. Made out good here, other than debris from the trees, nothing major, no damage to structure or roof. Hope everyone else came out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator