I found this interesting about Mac's offense

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Carib. What stood out to me :

1) UF QBS will play more like Bama 2010 than CSU 2014.
2) Expect D. Robinson to do Julio Jones type plays.
3) RBs will also stretch the field by thinking-creating as they run when "the hole" is closed. (Kelvin Taylor ?)
4) ** Mac by track record has his playcalls work 9 out of 10 times !
5) Lots of crossing TEs & RB screens as needed.
6) In future expect Mac to recruit quicker, lighter, smarter OLs. (Ivey ?)
7) Gonna be "read & react" football.
8) Mac will ease open the spigot on "Hurry-Up" football.
9) Says we need to temper our expectations on QBs but watch Grier & Harris grow.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm optimistic that he can make something of this offense, even with our OL situation. I've referenced the '90 team and what a difference we saw, primarily with the same players that were here the previous year. And unlike the previous regime, he seems to understand those current deficiencies and is en route to fixing them. Once he gets some momentum and lands his '93/'94/'06/'07 type classes, we'll be a legitimate title contender.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Article gives us reasonable foundation expectations .... towards some "fun" football.
Although we still got blues, orange ya glad we won't have a Messedchomp !

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say what he will do for sure and you have Nuss as the OC. At CSU I think the OC came from a spread system. I watched a little video on CSU's offense from all 3 years and the first year there everything was mostly ran from under center and then it went to mostly shotgun I think in the 2nd and 3rd year with more spread looking formations than the 1st year. Maybe he is transitioning us this first year like he did at CSU.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n209848 said:
I'm optimistic that he can make something of this offense, even with our OL situation. I've referenced the '90 team and what a difference we saw, primarily with the same players that were here the previous year. And unlike the previous regime, he seems to understand those current deficiencies and is en route to fixing them. Once he gets some momentum and lands his '93/'94/'06/'07 type classes, we'll be a legitimate title contender.
I'm thinking along these lines too. It was painfully obvious the last staff had no idea what player development is about. I think Mac will show improvement across the board from all groups, will game plan an offense for the personnel we have now, and after a few recruiting cycle of getting players for his vision of how the offense will run, we'll be in the hunt for championships again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator