I hope we can be ready for Ole Miss after an emotional game

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss did not look too good yesterday. Were they still riding high from the Bama win? Is Vandy that good?

I hope the team gets back to business for the Ole Miss game because this is a money game.

Mizzou is beatable
Vandy is beatable
USCe is beatable
Florida Atlantic is beatable
Half Ass U is beatable

This can make for a really good season.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy is underrated - theyve held three offenses to less than their averages - (WKU, UGA, MISS)

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Won't be any problem getting ready for Ole Miss. If you are not ready to play this one then something is wrong somewhere.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Vandy can go into the grove and hold them under 30, there is no reason to think we can't clamp down on them and hold them under 24 at least.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think it was a letdown after bama. Love the fight in our team, but ol miss' new qb is better than Wallace. And now we're coming off an emotional win. I'm not holding my breath. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we were playing Vandy I'd feel this is a trap game. But this is a Top5 team.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think there were enough negatives in that win to motivate a great practice week and performance for the game with the Mississippians (how do you recruit to Mississippi?). A little more improvement in the OL and the QB play, a few defensive wrap-ups and Ole Miss is going to have a hard time of it. They were lucky to beat Bama. My prediction is a Gator win.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;286974 said:
Won't be any problem getting ready for Ole Miss. If you are not ready to play this one then something is wrong somewhere.

Yep.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
oxking;n287112 said:
I think there were enough negatives in that win to motivate a great practice week and performance for the game with the Mississippians (how do you recruit to Mississippi?). A little more improvement in the OL and the QB play, a few defensive wrap-ups and Ole Miss is going to have a hard time of it. They were lucky to beat Bama. My prediction is a Gator win.

This.

I like our chances against Ole Piss. ​

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n287002 said:
"Hope I'm wrong" is becoming the new slogan for the board. :headshake:

You are right SQ. I find myself not really believing we can win these games even though my heart wants to win every game. Maybe this is the result of the WM years on the Gator Ego? I think it is best described as Lack of Faith in the Faithful.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I have a feeling Mac is a smooth talking nice guy to the media... but behind closed doors he has the ability to get these guys going wild ready to kill something. If he has the fire to blast taylor like that in a moment of lost composure, imagine what he says to these guys before they walk in to the tunnel. The guys know where they sit and that NO ONE in the world, not even most of their own fans (me included), had them starting 5-0. Mac says these guys are special and until I see something on the contrary I believe him. Clearly this team doesn't quit.

One of the best football quotes I was taught going through pee-wee all the way to a few years on varsity in a small town is that every single dog will bark and make noise, but not every dog has what it takes to bite. You can't play this game if you're not a biter. The boys with be ready.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Swamp Queen;287002 said:
"Hope I'm wrong" is becoming the new slogan for the board. :headshake:

Keep in mind, this involves a rebuilding year after the substantial damage inflicted on our program. Lots of youth on this team provides hope for the future, but I suspect this year will include some growing pains.

And, I'm ALWAYS nervous about the next game- I've witnessed too many inexplicable losses during the last 40ish years. Nothing is a given, just ask the hillbillies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be making the trip for this one. Looking forward to it. They will be missing one of their best players in Tony Connor. We should be pretty close to full health.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know one thing, the Gators need to change the ritual coming out after halftime. It's lame right now. We noticed how flat they were even before the 2nd half kickoff and they looked terrible in the 3rd quarter. "Heeeeeeeere come the Gators" was fine. Does anyone know what the point of that piped in music is? Why not do another "Only Gators Get Out Alive" like the beginning to get everyone pumped up?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The defense won't look as sloppy as they did against Tennesse. A lot of missed tackles that extended Tennesse drives. The coaches won't allow that two weeks in a row.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the team will be ready for Ole Miss. In reality the defense played very poorly against Tennessee. There were so many missed tackles it was ridiculous. The good thing is that Kelly is not as strong or as good of a runner as Dobbs, but he is a better passer.

Getting Tabor back will be huge since it is clear that VH III is not close to 100%. His back and hamstring issues seem to really be bothering him. Ole Miss has a number of talented receivers so our DBs will need to play well.

The other issue is our OL is still not performing very good and Ole Miss has one of the top 3 DLs in the conference. We are going to have to make quick passes and find a way to give Will time to make plays. I do feel like the OL is improving week to week so that is a positive. Thanks to coach Summers.

The last issue is we need Demarcus Robinson to man up and start playing football. I'm tired of his poor work ethic/attitude and while he is on the field he is not performing at the high level I would expect. He needs to man up for this game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator