I know we lost, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Sorry, I kept trying to insert the link..

It's on the ESPN Gators Football home page.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Slimebalm is taking back that NC trophy that he awarded Alabama in week 2. Truth is that game will likely make UF better and also Bama better. They got a good lesson without losing.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Getting some love....

College Football Rankings: 1 To 130: Week 3 (collegefootballnews.com)
4 Florida Gators (2-1)
If Alabama is everyone’s be-all-end-all No. 1 – at least for those who didn’t pick Georgia – then coming so close to pulling off the win should earn a bump. If the rankings are based on results as well as how good the teams look and play, the Gators earn a top five nod for that thriller.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL RANKINGS: ESPN UPDATES FPI TOP 25 AFTER WEEK 3
7. Florida Gators (2-1)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: KIRK HERBSTREIT NAMES TOP COACHING PERFORMANCES FOR WEEK 3
4. Dan Mullen, Florida head coach
— The Gators may have fallen short of the toppling top-ranked Alabama on Saturday, but momentum was on the Gators side throughout the second half as Florida came within a touchdown of the Crimson Tide for the second time in as many meetings between the schools. Of all the final scores since the start of Alabama's win streak that dates back to the Citrus Bowl at the end of the 2019 season, no other opponent has come within fewer than 15 points of the Crimson Tide. Safe to say that Mullen is doing something right in Gainesville.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

A bit over the top, but I certainly haven’t found a reason to admire him in any way. He’s a giant bag of hot air and clearly loves the sound of his own voice. He and the boy named merrill are the 2 biggest reasons I stopped watching bspn for any reason other than a live game.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A bit over the top, but I certainly haven’t found a reason to admire him in any way. He’s a giant bag of hot air and clearly loves the sound of his own voice. He and the boy named merrill are the 2 biggest reasons I stopped watching bspn for any reason other than a live game.

Look at it another way CG. That's his shtick. He does it on purpose. He's like an old-fashioned professional wrestling heel.

That guy gets paid more money than we'll ever make in our lives combined to talk about sports on television. Your take and my take are better than his. So why does he get paid millions instead of us? Because he gets attention. He gets clicks. He gets eyeballs. He gets retweets. Why? Because of the ridiculous sh!t he says.

Dude is laughing at us all the way to the bank with his net worth of around $16M.

I hate his persona, absolutely despise it, and I refuse to watch him. We're 100% on the same page on that.

But I have nothing but respect and admiration for his business acumen.

I'd play an ass hole on TV for $16M if I could but tragically, I don't have his talent for the role.

Alex.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder why he was not wearing it while ranting. Now he might be a nice guy playing a role, but he also might be an ahole being himself. We really don't know and he really should be gone.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No Moral V's, has to be the REAL V, Victory and well you know other other V, the pink one! Well I hope you do!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Couple days isn't enough. This crap drives people away. Let him and the Carib/Born twins go pollute somewhere else.
while I do like NVGator, I agree that 2 days isn't enough for what he posted. That is/was uncalled for in any venue. And while clicking the button to put him in time-out IMO it would have been a good idea to simply delete that particular post.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder why he was not wearing it while ranting. Now he might be a nice guy playing a role, but he also might be an ahole being himself. We really don't know and he really should be gone.

Because he’s smart.

He doesn’t give a crap about wearing an O&B tie. Doesn’t bother him at all.

He’s not wearing it in this video so he can get more clicks and views in the long run.

We look at this video where he makes a huge deal out of it, then we look at the next video where he’s wearing it. He doubles his views.

Best thing that could happen is Tebow tweets the video so legions of Tebow’s followers ( who don’t follow Steven A. Smith) will watch to enjoy Smith get his nose rubbed in it. Again, he really doesn't care about the tie, he makes bank on the views.

“Losing” this bet is the highlight of Steven A.’s week. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wears a Tennessee orange tie and arranges for some Gator alum to call him out so we get a third video or a fourth.

Alex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.