I need medical advice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to be technical here but MRSA doesn't LOOK like anything, unless you happen to be looking at it under a microscope and with certain dyes. You have a small infection. That's really all you can tell. You said you were laying in the sand so they said probably a bite. If you said you'd been at the athletic club and sitting on nasty benches in the locker room,they would have said probably staph. If you said you were secret service banging hookers in Colombia... the diagnosis changes. But it's an educated guess. That's all. At least until the lab culture and sensitivity comes back in a day or two, if they did one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is I almost responded to Bart to explain what a bursa is. But I wanted everyone to keep it coming. :lol:
He's right. You do have a bursa, several in fact, unless you've really overdone it with your running.

I've had bursitis, twice, in my right knee.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well, I do appreciate the serious input. (Although I figured this thead was going to be more for laughs). But within 24 hours of the first signs that this aint right.... I've been through 2 of my docs and my personal GP today. So I honestly could not have moved any faster. The mupirocin is also a prescription level ointment. And bathing with the hibiclens (which is the soap surgeons use to scrub in with). But even if you are 100% correct and it is mrsa..... I'm already on the antibiotic that covers that.
FTR I wasn't stating that it is mrsa but that it could become that if not dealt with. Since you've already started the anti biotics I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. I was just trying to relate that if not taken serious these things(like in my case) can become quite serious. It may not be a spider bite but it is one of the hardest things to diagnose and it's effects are almost never the same between victims of such. I've had to interview dozens of people who claimed to be bitten and I've seen some who had little or minor effects and some who had to be rushed to the hospital and dealt with the effects for weeks and longer. In my case it took a month and a half for the swelling, heat and pain to go away and left me with one helluva nasty scar....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to be technical here but MRSA doesn't LOOK like anything, unless you happen to be looking at it under a microscope and with certain dyes. You have a small infection. That's really all you can tell. You said you were laying in the sand so they said probably a bite. If you said you'd been at the athletic club and sitting on nasty benches in the locker room,they would have said probably staph. If you said you were secret service banging hookers in Colombia... the diagnosis changes. But it's an educated guess. That's all. At least until the lab culture and sensitivity comes back in a day or two, if they did one.

Lab CnS in a day or 2? Smoking crack. I worked for a big box lab for over 10 years. Maybe three days for a prelim. Well over a week to grow a culture. Some can take a month.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Ehhh ya puss.

Spray some carb cleaner on it and be on your way.

Next time make the stripper keep her clothes ON when she's grinding your leg.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ehhh ya puss.

Spray some carb cleaner on it and be on your way.

Next time make the stripper keep her clothes ON when she's grinding your leg.

I rubbed it down with a homemade mixture of freshly cracked eggs, 1 week old uncooked bacon, and a used baby diaper. I dont know why I had problems.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lab CnS in a day or 2? Smoking crack. I worked for a big box lab for over 10 years. Maybe three days for a prelim. Well over a week to grow a culture. Some can take a month.

Exactly. It's easier and faster just to treat it for almost every possible bacterial skin infection under the sun.

There is significant improvement today. Most importantly.... the inguinal lymph node swelling has been cut in half. All the blisters have dried up and are no longer oozing fluid. They still look pretty gross though.

I think I am going to pull through G2.

Law.... intestines are still functioning properly. A trick I learned along time ago is take a few sips of kefir throughout the day.

The really funny thing is I bought a leg cast waterproof plastic bag at Walgreens. I put on over my pants over that entire leg, taped it tight around my groin, and walked into work. I had some of the staff freaking out. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I rubbed it down with a homemade mixture of freshly cracked eggs, 1 week old uncooked bacon, and a used baby diaper. I dont know why I had problems.
That's sounds like Crete's prescription. Of yeah, and run it up the middle.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
What's funny is I almost responded to Bart to explain what a bursa is. But I wanted everyone to keep it coming. :lol:

Those two antibiotics are in different classes.... So wider spectrum of coverage. I wont get diarrhea. Not these intestines.

Result of taking two antibiotics.

:poop:

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Should've lanced it and drained it onto your other leg.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is what MRSA looks like.

IMG_1607_zps952b286b.jpg

Yeah, that's my ugly pus. A few days earlier, the ladder fell over as I attempted to come down from the attic in my office, the attic opening having been built into the ceiling of a bathroom. I was by myself. I hung on temporarily from a pair of roof trusses trying to steady myself for the landing on the countertop. As my weight pulled me down, my right arm came down on a three-inch carpenter nail and it was impaled. I had to rip it free in order to get down. My office looked like a murder scene afterward.

Anyway, the ER doc gave me an antibiotic that didn't work. A few days later, this is what it looked like. The arm was at risk. My fiancee, having spent half of her 20 years in nursing in a trauma unit, demanded a second antibiotic and we finally got it under control.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
There is significant improvement today. Most importantly.... the inguinal lymph node swelling has been cut in half.
Speak English!

Last edited by a moderator:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speak English!

Your lymphatic system is kinda like your arteries/veins for your blood.... except it is for your immune system. The nodes are sorta like little tiny collection centers. I had one swell up (very tender) on my upper thigh to about the size of a golf ball on Wednesday morning. That's when I knew this was very serious and started the 1st antibiotic within 4 hours of that discovery. This morning, the swelling of that node was half the size of what it was when I went to sleep last night.

The fact that it swelled up means my body was doing what it is was supposed to be doing. If you have a sudden, tender golf ball develop under skin.... you've got a nasty infection somewhere. If that swollen area doesnt hurt.... it could mean you have lymphoma.

Please correct me G2 if I am off because I am essentially talking out of my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

IMG_1607_zps952b286b.jpg

Yeah, that's my ugly pus. A few days earlier, the ladder fell over as I attempted to come down from the attic in my office, the attic opening having been built into the ceiling of a bathroom. I was by myself. I hung on temporarily from a pair of roof trusses trying to steady myself for the landing on the countertop. As my weight pulled me down, my right arm came down on a three-inch carpenter nail and it was impaled. I had to rip it free in order to get down. My office looked like a murder scene afterward.

Anyway, the ER doc gave me an antibiotic that didn't work. A few days later, this is what it looked like. The arm was at risk. My fiancee, having spent half of her 20 years in nursing in a trauma unit, demanded a second antibiotic and we finally got it under control.

Damn son... that's nasty as hell....at least you're a handsome dude.
That kind of offsets it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
'78, anybody ever tell you that you look sort of like Mickey Rourke? I think he might have even had a similar wound back when he was drugging at the hands of a hooker he stiffed.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bursa - MRSA...............details.
In my defense, how am I supposed to know Brad's not really a chicken?

bursal
emanating from or pertaining to bursa.
infectious bursal disease
a disease of 3- to 6-week-old chickens caused by an Avibirnavirus which primarily and selectively destroys B lymphocytes in the bursa of Fabricius resulting in a secondary immunodeficiency. Clinical signs are variable and include diarrhea, feather ruffling and droopiness. Death is often a consequence of septicemia associated with normally nonpathogenic strains of bacteria such as Escherichia coli or Salmonella spp. The morbidity in an initial outbreak will be 100% and the mortality up to 30%. Called also Gumboro disease, infectious avian nephrosis.

:bandit:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

IMG_1607_zps952b286b.jpg

Jeebus Christ man, you was hanging by your chicken wing :lol:
My leg ended up looking like that minus the laceration....I still have a quarter sized crater where the venom dissolved my skin and flesh. The funny part is it started out like a pimple or ingrown hair for the first week or so.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Your lymphatic system is kinda like your arteries/veins for your blood.... except it is for your immune system.

The fact that it swelled up means my body was doing what it is was supposed to be doing. If you have a sudden, tender golf ball develop under skin.... you've got a nasty infection somewhere. If that swollen area doesnt hurt.... it could mean you have lymphoma.

Please correct me G2 if I am off because I am essentially talking out of my ass.

Talking out of your ass is another sign of a severe infection. Did your doctor check for Bidenoma?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb