Status
Not open for further replies.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
No contest. Meyer 42, Ducks 20. It was a dominating win and would have been a complete annihilation without the turnovers. All you jilted lovers had counted him out :-).

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't count him, just didn't want the bucknuts to win.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
In the biggest game of the year Urban seems to have the MOJO. Make that three in a row for the ex Bear Cat on the biggest stage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its ok. He had his Cam Newton sitting on the bench for two years and eleven months. That's right, he had that great QB sitting at 3rd string while he lost to Mich State and Clemson last year and Va Tech ( :) ) this year. Somebody order pizza!

His Qb declares for the NFL in the next few weeks, his OC leaves for another school today, and its back to 80 percent Qb runs and barely beating Mac teams.

Let the fake heartaches begin.

Hes at still a pvssy who overdoses on nerve pills and lies in his floor until the ambulance comes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n149973 said:
Its ok. H had his Cam Newton sitting on the bench for two years and eleven months. His Qb declares for the NFL in the next few weeks, his OC leaves for another school today, and its back to 80 percent Qb runs and barely beating Mac teams.

Let the fake heartaches begin.

Hes at still a pvssy who overdoses on nerve pills and lies in his floor until the ambulance comes.
Ask the OSU fans if they give a tin whistle. They just won it all.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n149976 said:
Ask the OSU fans if they give a tin whistle. They just won it all.
And in 2 years their program will be broken, his players will be either incarcerated, popping caps in people or lying in a gutter high on meth and Urban will be in South Bend.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n149984 said:
And in 2 years their program will be broken, his players will be either incarcerated, popping caps in people or lying in a gutter high on meth and Urban will be in South Bend.
Don't be ridiculous. They do crack and heroin in Crackumbus, not meth.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like you guys are having esophageal spasms. :lol:

You sound ridiculous.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I always liked pvssy, Still do. Too bad that pvssy left town. But it is what it is.
He will always be one of ours so you better start appreciating "pvssy". ;)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n149952 said:
No contest. Meyer 42, Ducks 20. It was a dominating win and would have been a complete annihilation without the turnovers. All you jilted lovers had counted him out :-).

STFU!

:moon:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
oxking;n149952 said:
I thought they would win too. Oregon is teflon again. I liked Urban and his family but he left Florida in a mess that led to Will Muschamp. Now good ole Urban wins a title in his third year at Ohio State. Well done to Urbs but it's hard to be happy for him even though he led UF to 2 national titles. The way he left to be with his family was a fib and most of us knew he would be in Columbus after a year off. I never wish Meyer ill will but it's hard to be happy for him now.

Too bad TCU wasn't in the playoff. That was just a horrid championship game. Oh well at least the kids can get back to school now and go to class. ;)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n150034 said:
He will always be one of ours )

Completely disagree. He won here and that's about it. He was never a real Gator. Never will be. I'll bet a trillion dollars when all is said and done he will consider himself a Buckeye first and foremost.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I will admit, I really did not want OSU to win last night, but I must tip my hat to them... They have one helluva team and look like they will be even better next year. I was really hoping to see Urbs fall flat since he left UF in such disrepair, but clearly when his heart and head is in it the man can coach. Here lies the crux of the issue with UF... It is my opinion that Urban was a hired gun here and his heart was never really on board. He was a square peg in a round hole. He knew from the outset that UF was a great job, but ultimately wanted to end up at Notre Dame or OSU... When Tebow left, so did Urban's desire to corral the troublemakers that had brought him so much success... He clearly stayed on in 2010 as a favor to Foley, but had mentally checked out the previous December. he may have really had a heart scare and legitimately stepped away until "mama" came calling... Who knows...
He is clearly more comfortable and happier in Ohio and will probably retire there. This is a perfect fit and should bring out the best in his long term coaching abilities.
Am I jilted... I guess so, but that is just because I love the Gators!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n150070 said:
He was never a real Gator.
Is Saban a "real" Bammer?

Meyer was all Gator when he was here. He embraced old traditions, started new ones, and focused big-time on rivalry games.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looked like a Gator to me:

meyer+bcs+trophy.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So now we are only supposed to hire coaches that went to Florida because they are "real" Gators? That really reduces the coaching pool, and is going to lead to failure. Meyer was a Gator when he was here and is not a Buckeye. He is what he is because of who signs the checks he receives.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Meyer bought in to UF and UF bought in to him. He made mistakes here regarding player discipline and coach replacements. He appears to have learned some important lessons while at UF and he appears to be determined not to repeat his mistakes. I was a loyal Urban fan when he was here and became a harsh critic, not because he left but because of the mess he left behind. I wasn't pulling for him last night but his coaching ability is legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator