I Told You So!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
WobbleGator;n150141 said:
So Rex, if Urban had stayed our coach, do you believe that he would have left us to go to OSU?

*Raises hand* I do. OSU was his true dream job imo. To go back and coach in his home state. If he hadn't had "medical issues" I sincerely believed that he would have left us high and dry the moment OSU opened up.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n150303 said:
Every previous move was a step up... How would anyone know he would jump ship so quickly... If you say you did you are a straight up liar.

The guy quit because he couldn't handle the pressure...much of which he created with his own success while here. It was affecting his health and he wasn't happy coaching at Florida anymore. It could have just as well happened at ND if he had taken that job instead of coming to Gainesville. Apparently, he's since figured out how to manage a healthy work/life balance and is back into coaching. I guess a year wasn't enough time for the butthurt to diminish. :lol: I don't know how that makes him out to a liar or some sort of anti-Christ, but it seems that about half of you view him that way.
While I don't think he's the type person I would want o have a beer with, I appreciate what he did here and that he's arguably the best in the business.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150325 said:
*Raises hand* I do. OSU was his true dream job imo. To go back and coach in his home state. If he hadn't had "medical issues" I sincerely believed that he would have left us high and dry the moment OSU opened up.

Without a doubt.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150322 said:
Oh screw off. I feel like this was the only reason some of you wanted OSU to win. Not because you like Urban, but just to shove it in the faces of those that don't.

:lmao:
I think you have it reversed. You folks were pulling hard for the Ducks because you can't get over the butthurt from being a jilted lover. :lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150329 said:
Am I wrong? The OP came off like a middle schooler "NA NA u wer rong!"

I took it as a guy happy that he was right about his prediction. Nothing more than that.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n150330 said:
:lmao:
I think you have it reversed. You folks were pulling hard for the Ducks because you can't get over the butthurt from being a jilted lover. :lol:

I'd have rooted hard for the ducks had urban not been there. I've always hated OSU. I'm not jealous of Urban, and I'm not going to dwell on him. He is a great coach, but a D-bag. All there is to it.

I'm no jilted lover. I'm quite happy with the way our team is headed now....but you are a nutswinger. If you love urban so much, go get some OSU gear

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150332 said:
I took it as a guy happy that he was right about his prediction. Nothing more than that.

So did I, but then we aren't still crying because our date didn't wanna marry us. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hate OSU, I would have rooted against OSU with or without Urban. But I cheered doubly against because he was there and I wanted him to lose.

2nd best coach in CFB. Dude is lights out.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n150334 said:
So did I, but then we aren't still crying because our date didn't wanna marry us. :lol:

You honestly don't see anything wrong with how Urban left? Whatever, keep up your juvenile gloating.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A good "what if" game to play.....

What if it had been Steven Orr Spurrier lifting that trophy at Jerry's Overpriced Toilet last night instead of Urban? What would the response be? Fun to think about anyway.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Jax Gator;n150335 said:
Let's all be happy?

We can't. Because SOME people have taken it upon themselves to ridicule anyone that doesn't like Urban Meyer and OSU

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n150338 said:

What if it had been Steven Orr Spurrier lifting that trophy at Jerry's Overpriced Toilet last night instead of Urban? What would the response be? Fun to think about anyway.

I would have felt the same. Congrats to the coach and I hope that soon it will be our coach holding up that trophy.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

I would have been happy for him.

He didn't fabricate a sob story about needing to spend time with his family.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150345 said:
I would have been happy for him.

He didn't fabricate a sob story about needing to spend time with his family.

Indeed. I would bet the pro-Meyer cock suckers around here would be the first to throw SOS under the bus as well.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n150346 said:
Indeed. I would bet the pro-Meyer cock suckers around here would be the first to throw SOS under the bus as well.

What I don't get is why it is such a big deal here. If you like Meyer, good for you. But why use it as an excuse to ridicule those who don't? We are all gators. Can we stop being so nasty?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150337 said:
You honestly don't see anything wrong with how Urban left? Whatever, keep up your juvenile gloating.

I blame Foley almost as much as Meyer. If the guy wasn't happy then he shouldn't have begged him to come back. It was obvious in 2010 that he was miserable and the results reflected that. The bottom line to me is that most off you are just pissed BECAUSE he left (and has been wildly succesful elsewhere), not how he left. Thats just a convenint excuse to keep harping against the guy. Many have said it...he did was he was hired to do and he moved on. We should, too!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150351 said:
What I don't get is why it is such a big deal here. If you like Meyer, good for you. But why use it as an excuse to ridicule those who don't? We are all gators. Can we stop being so nasty?

Nasty??? :lol:

You want the pro-Meyer group to stop being nasty while agreeing with a person calling pro-Meyer people "cock suckers". :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Same response I had when he was the coach of the Redskins, happy for the man and hate the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator