I was wrong about Franks - Its Mullen's O

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Perhaps we should just give him the Heisman.

At least 75 QB’s in college football could have had as good or better game than Franks had against that team. Using it as a barometer of his “progress” is ridiculous.

Let’s use the UK game to continue measuring his progress.
Agreed. Anybody can pad stats vs a cupcake. Let's see if Franks can do that vs an SEC team because he didn't vs an ACC team.

The thing about college football is stats never lie. UNC played better as an offense vs Miami than Florida did.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Perhaps we should just give him the Heisman.

At least 75 QB’s in college football could have had as good or better game than Franks had against that team. Using it as a barometer of his “progress” is ridiculous.

Let’s use the UK game to continue measuring his progress.

Who in the hell said anything about giving him ANYthing, much less the Heisman??

We play lower level competition a couple times a year. No QB in the history of UF had a better game completion wise than Franks. I thought Leak did against osu in 2006 NC game, but can't remember.

It was one game but it seems the haters want to dog on him. Not sure what else he could have done to impress the crowd here. Dude literally hit almost everything he threw and you still aren't happy. Drink a beer and enjoy the ride.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Agreed. Anybody can pad stats vs a cupcake. Let's see if Franks can do that vs an SEC team because he didn't vs an ACC team.

The thing about college football is stats never lie. UNC played better as an offense vs Miami than Florida did.

Franks had a pretty good game against Miami, better than any other QB Miami faced last year, including the Giants first round draft pick.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who in the hell said anything about giving him ANYthing, much less the Heisman??

We play lower level competition a couple times a year. No QB in the history of UF had a better game completion wise than Franks. I thought Leak did against osu in 2006 NC game, but can't remember.

It was one game but it seems the haters want to dog on him. Not sure what else he could have done to impress the crowd here. Dude literally hit almost everything he threw and you still aren't happy. Drink a beer and enjoy the ride.
I don't give two ***** about what Franks or any other player does statistically against FCS teams. Those stats are meaningless and shouldn't count. The fact that those stats will constitute a "record" for UF football is embarrassing and the university should scrub it.

I'm worried about the upcoming games. You should be too.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I don't give two ***** about what Franks or any other player does statistically against FCS teams. Those stats are meaningless and shouldn't count. The fact that those stats will constitute a "record" for UF football is embarrassing and the university should scrub it.

I'm worried about the upcoming games. You should be too.

I don't worry about things I can't control. I worry about Friday night, not Saturday.

Why couldn't Danny or Tebow or Leak complete 93% of their passes? They played cupcakes as well. Just looked at Leak's 4 years here and he never reached 80% INCLUDING THE CUPCAKES.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure Ox roots against Franks every week.....he should join the twitter crowd dogging Toney right now.

UF fans are a unique bunch thats for sure!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Pretty sure Ox roots against Franks every week.....he should join the twitter crowd dogging Toney right now.

No we don’t. You just don’t follow other teams close enough. The Colorado board I’m on would make Donk feel right at home.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I root for the Gators to win games. I just want the best QB on the field. It ain't Franks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Why is Toney being dogged?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Toney being dogged?
Morons excited Toney is hurt and claiming Copeland is taking his spot for the season. A lot of people are of the mindset Toney is a liability with his run 40 yards to gain 1 kind of plays. Oh and also saying Copeland is the next Percy

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Emory Jones failing to emerge as the starter in year two is a big disappointment. The guy must be struggling to adapt to the college game.

We desperately need someone who's equally dangerous running and throwing the ball.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I watched the game again last night. The offense actually didn't look nearly as bad as I remembered during the live game. I think the pace of the game had a lot to do with it.

That was my take as well when I rewatched. Our run blocking is the only thing that bothered me about that game.

I think you can take a couple things away from this game.

While it was a glorified high school team, I think our O had a higher level of execution. That is a good sign no matter how you slice it. We can debate all day about the level of competition, but for the most part they executed a good game. This is a big step imo because sometimes lights don't come on and grooves aren't created to ride for the rest of the season until you can get a game like this. One with less pressure, slowed down a bit and the full picture of good execution is experienced. It creates a baseline of experiences for players to understand. Its like hitting pure golf shots on the range one after the other so the feeling is there.

On the flipside of that, our run blocking sucked against scUM and it continued to suck against UTM. That is disappointing and discouraging. This is my biggest worry going into the UK game. We can attribute that to a 3-3 scheme all we want but we have 2 games in a row that the run blocking was just poor. Its a serious trend and tell to how the season goes. Especially in the SEC.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're still convinced he's fudging his weight by 40? You do realize he'd look like a stick figure at 6-2, 160.

I haven't given up on the kid. He's got great pocket awareness, a terrific arm and he can run.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018

He had 10 yards per attempt. That is outstanding, cupcake or not.

When the CBs are playing 10+ yards off the LOS, the correct read is to throw the bubble or X or Z screen. Get the ball to the fast guy with no tacklers around and let him make somebody miss. It was a good game plan by UTM. We had to grind it down the field until they busted coverage biting on the short stuff.

Our Receivers are fast, but they aren't running by coverage 10 yards off the ball. Clemson's nor Bama's arent either.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Additionally, how about some love for the WRs? How often do WRs, TEs, and RBs make it through an entire game without dropping a pass? They caught passes that were behind them that made them spin and two very high passes that exposed them to potential hits. The only passes not caught were a Hail Mary at the half and a Franks hero ball into double coverage in the end zone that would’ve been picked if Swain didn’t tip it - and even then, Pitts still almost caught it! Add all the YAC and separation down field... I’d say the WRs had a pretty fine game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator