Idiotic trend alert: Players dropping the football before scoring

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This idiotic routine has become commonplace across college football. It seems like every week there is some dumbass who drops the ball before crossing the goal line and costs his team 7 points and the football with careless look at me selfish dumb ****.

Personally I would like to see an entire team run stadiums the next time a player tries that crap . I feel as strongly about this as I do the waste of time small talk coaches have during pregame . That guy on the other sideline isn’t your friend. Save that bulll**** for after the game

Players should run out of the back of the end zone when scoring . Then you can punt in the stands ala Spikes or spike the damn thing in the ground for all I care . But a football should never be dropped period!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I’ve only seen this happen once this season, a few weeks ago. Not to say it hasn’t happened more often this year. Do you have some examples? I remember this happened to us back in the SOS era. I believe it was Jacquez Green that did it but it was before replay and it was ruled a TD by the ref so we caught a lucky break.

P.S.- The one I referenced above that happened a few weeks ago, I forgot which player it was but if I remember correctly, I believe the “loss” of points caused his team to not cover the spread. I also believe I had the other team in our GC pool so I was happy.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Percy may have been the 2nd player I witnessed do this. You are correct though, it happens more and more. Coaches quit making examples out of idiot players years ago.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
This idiotic routine has become commonplace across college football. It seems like every week there is some dumbass who drops the ball before crossing the goal line and costs his team 7 points and the football with careless look at me selfish dumb ****.

Personally I would like to see an entire team run stadiums the next time a player tries that crap . I feel as strongly about this as I do the waste of time small talk coaches have during pregame . That guy on the other sideline isn’t your friend. Save that bulll**** for after the game

Players should run out of the back of the end zone when scoring . Then you can punt in the stands ala Spikes or spike the damn thing in the ground for all I care . But a football should never be dropped period!
How do you know the whole teams aren't running stadiums for these indiscretions?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve only seen this happen once this season, a few weeks ago. Not to say it hasn’t happened more often this year. Do you have some examples? I remember this happened to us back in the SOS era. I believe it was Jacquez Green that did it but it was before replay and it was ruled a TD by the ref so we caught a lucky break.

P.S.- The one I referenced above that happened a few weeks ago, I forgot which player it was but if I remember correctly, I believe the “loss” of points caused his team to not cover the spread. I also believe I had the other team in our GC pool so I was happy.

When Tre scored at LSU I thought he dropped it early but was mistaken . The point is dropping it is stupid and serves no purpose other than to non verbally communicate hey look at me selfish ******* .

Hold on to the football or get a kick in the ass. That’s the way it should be . It’s every bit as deserving of a benching as a personal foul.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yep, definitely the mohel.

“Darling, you see where that ball is? You see how that ball is near the edge of the goal line? You got the whole end zone there to drop the ball; why you chose the absolute edge, so half the ball is hanging off the goal line? You breathe and that ball falls at the one, and then you've got a live football on the turf, players embedded there in the scrum, deep, deep in the pile…”

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, definitely the mohel.

“Darling, you see where that ball is? You see how that ball is near the edge of the goal line? You got the whole end zone there to drop the ball; why you chose the absolute edge, so half the ball is hanging off the goal line? You breathe and that ball falls at the one, and then you've got a live football on the turf, players embedded there in the scrum, deep, deep in the pile…”
Is that what you want ? I don’t think that’s what you want . You know there is a better
Comp and I’ll tell you this SoFla you better not screw up again or ill be be all over you like a pit bull on a poodle! Hey I know what you’re thinking , what’s this guy making such a big stink about a touchdown celebration for !? Well let me give you a hint junior!! It’s not about drawings of pee pees and wee wees. By the way next time I stop by I expect instant coffee in the cupboard.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Id require the kid to personally hand the football to the ref after scoring no matter what. That would ensure this doesn't happen. And agree it's a stupid selfish look at me bunch of garbage.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Id require the kid to personally hand the football to the ref after scoring no matter what. That would ensure this doesn't happen. And agree it's a stupid selfish look at me bunch of garbage.
I helped out with a Pee Wee team once and that was my one suggestion to the HC when any of the little tykes scored. Make them go over and hand the ball to an official after scoring.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One touchdown celebration I’ve never seen is the player punting the ball through the uprights . I’d like to see that before anyone dropping the football .

Another thing I would like to see and I do believe it should be legal is fighting . One on one fighting should be allowed just as it is in hockey . Imagine for a moment the amazing memory Mouzzaca would have had if he was able to pummel 5 from the Vols in the final
moments of a big win. It’s something that he would be able to look back fondly on and perhaps one day tell his grand kids about .

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
How can I say this in the nicest way possible?

The vast majority of these kids aren't on the field because of their intelligence

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I helped out with a Pee Wee team once and that was my one suggestion to the HC when any of the little tykes scored. Make them go over and hand the ball to an official after scoring.

Well, did the HC take your suggestion…and more importantly, did the little fcvkers listen and follow directions?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes undisciplined play is common for Billy Bob teams along with some of the most idiotic and basic play calling . A pussy boy if there ever was one

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator