If Bama goes to the playoff AGAIN after sitting out the SECCG.....

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The PAC 10 Champ is going to have at best one loss, Oregon or Utah. Oregon lost to AU (which will be a 3-4 loss team if uga and UA beat them). Utah lost USC (bad loss). Neither have what you would call a quality win. Alabama with one loss gets in over either, especially since UA will have to beat AU, which beat Oregon. UA's only loss will be a sqeaker to the #1 team while playing a one legged QB.

Utah or Oregon's best win will be Oregon or Utah. One of them will have a late-season win over a one-loss team (making that team a two-loss team).

PAC 10 champ Oregon with a close loss to Auburn and a win over Utah versus Bama with a close loss to LSU and a win over Auburn.
or
PAC 10 champ Utah with a bad loss to USC and a win over Oregon versus Bama with a close loss to LSU and a win over Auburn.

It could come down to Auburn-Georgia. If UGA beats Auburn, Bama's best win is against a four-loss Auburn (despite all four of those losses coming to top 10 teams). If Auburn beats UGA, then three-loss Auburn with a couple of quality wins on its resume (and only quality losses) would look better than a win over Oregon or Utah.

Why am I wasting my time with this with so many games left to play??? :facepalm:

Alex.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He got a vacation for telling someone to "Die motherfkker".

I think it's obvious he needed a break.
Why doesn’t he have the “Banned” banner on his profile? That always adds a nice touch.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I searched notable members and then did it by post count.

I did not look for his posts

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
despite bama's flaws, they are absolutely one of the best 4 teams in the country. i really dont care if they still get in because the team that would be left out would be one they would beat decisively.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
despite bama's flaws, they are absolutely one of the best 4 teams in the country. i really dont care if they still get in because the team that would be left out would be one they would beat decisively.

I think they may very well be one of the best, and I generally don't bet against them being ready when a championship is on the line. But that said, if we're looking at this year in a vacuum, I would not say they are absolutely one of the best teams. They allowed ut to hang around longer than we did, and weren't even competitive with Lsu. The Duke win looked good, but they've fallen apart. I just don't think the resume is there, especially with the kind of beating they took Saturday.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think they may very well be one of the best, and I generally don't bet against them being ready when a championship is on the line. But that said, if we're looking at this year in a vacuum, I would not say they are absolutely one of the best teams. They allowed ut to hang around longer than we did, and weren't even competitive with Lsu. The Duke win looked good, but they've fallen apart. I just don't think the resume is there, especially with the kind of beating they took Saturday.
I dunno, I see that game as a tale of 2 halfs. They were awful in the first, but it was almost exclusively Tua and being absolutely not game ready. He was slow, tentative, rusty, and made some awful unforced errors that dug them a deep hole. Bama got going after the break though and had they played the full game the way they played the last 2 qtrs we are all talking about just how good bama is. LSU could do absolutely nothing against bamas offense in the second half, and while LSU did score then, it wasnt often. Bama was just in too deep a hole to climb out, but hell, they were an onsides recovery from a W. There wasnt a soul in the stadium including the lsu bench that didnt know if bama got that ball it was going to be 6 about 3 plays later. lsu's defense had absolutely nothing for them once they got going.

I'd like to see both of them play when both are full strength. I still contend if that happens bama wins.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU drove down the field twice in the 4th quarter against Bama and put the game away. Bama had several big plays in the game that kept them in it, including a punt return and two super long passes, one of which was basically a trick play. The score was far closer than the game actually was.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I dunno, I see that game as a tale of 2 halfs. They were awful in the first, but it was almost exclusively Tua and being absolutely not game ready. He was slow, tentative, rusty, and made some awful unforced errors that dug them a deep hole. Bama got going after the break though and had they played the full game the way they played the last 2 qtrs we are all talking about just how good bama is. LSU could do absolutely nothing against bamas offense in the second half, and while LSU did score then, it wasnt often. Bama was just in too deep a hole to climb out, but hell, they were an onsides recovery from a W. There wasnt a soul in the stadium including the lsu bench that didnt know if bama got that ball it was going to be 6 about 3 plays later. lsu's defense had absolutely nothing for them once they got going.

I'd like to see both of them play when both are full strength. I still contend if that happens bama wins.

Wait, I’ve heard for weeks now that we were never in the LSU game, despite having a second half lead and having the ball twice inside their 5 with a chance to tie it up late. But Alabama, who was down 20 at the half, and never lead the entire contest was one play away from a win?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Hopefully Barn will slaughter UGAy this weekend, effectively ending any playoff hopes they would have. Doubt even an SEC Championship could get them in if that happens. That would be two bad losses.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, I’ve heard for weeks now that we were never in the LSU game, despite having a second half lead and having the ball twice inside their 5 with a chance to tie it up late. But Alabama, who was down 20 at the half, and never lead the entire contest was one play away from a win?
Thats not what i said. I said about 4 plays. An onsides recovery, and about 3 plays to get to the endzone, which by that point in the game was about all it was taking them to get a score. As to your general point, yeah, they were in the game. Are you really going to try to argue that the onsides was meaningless and they had zero chance had they recovered?

At any rate, I'm not looking for a pissing match. Im simply stating bama is absolutely one of the best 4 teams in the country and I really dont care if they get in despite not winning the conference. LSU won the conference once before while bama sat home, then bama sodomized them in the national title game. I get both sides of the argument but Im in favor of the best 4 in the tourny and I think there are some scenarios where the best 4 wont be if you simply go by conference titles, especially for the SEC. Most of the other conferences have 1 clear cut big dog and a bunch of mehh after that. SEC is tough because you can routinely see 2-3 teams that could beat most or maybe all those other conference champs. I actually like that theres a little bit of human subjective input into the system as the pure wins/losses aren't truly equitable with teams playing completely different schedules. Again, not looking for a pissing match, just giving my opinion.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not so sure they are. They are sort of a paper tiger. They don't play anybody. SECW is not what it was a couple years ago, it's a 2 team race now, Bama and LSU. Bama has been on top but the tide has shifted. Other than LSU and Auburn they play nobody, and their last two games vs great competition they got their asses kicked. A couple years ago the SECW was different because A&M, Auburn and Ole Miss were stronger. Now, they look like they crush everybody because their strength of schedule is weak. My top 5 right now is:

LSU
OSU
Clemson
PSU
Alabama

I have them close to #4 but I think they are beatable by everyone I have ranked above them and maybe a team or two beneath them.

FWIW I am also no longer sold on Tua. Couple years ago he was unbelievable but these days he's injury prone and making mistakes. I'm curious to see where he goes in the draft now, he was once the consensus #1 pick now that is completely out the window.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm not so sure they are. They are sort of a paper tiger. They don't play anybody. SECW is not what it was a couple years ago, it's a 2 team race now, Bama and LSU. Bama has been on top but the tide has shifted. Other than LSU and Auburn they play nobody, and their last two games vs great competition they got their asses kicked. A couple years ago the SECW was different because A&M, Auburn and Ole Miss were stronger. Now, they look like they crush everybody because their strength of schedule is weak. My top 5 right now is:

LSU
OSU
Clemson
PSU
Alabama

I have them close to #4 but I think they are beatable by everyone I have ranked above them and maybe a team or two beneath them.

FWIW I am also no longer sold on Tua. Couple years ago he was unbelievable but these days he's injury prone and making mistakes. I'm curious to see where he goes in the draft now, he was once the consensus #1 pick now that is completely out the window.
Penn State? Based on what?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Penn State? Based on what?
They beat what has turned out to be a decent Michigan team plus they have a couple important games left. Bama only has Auburn. Plus Penn State ain't Bama, I love downgrading them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.