IF (big if) Franks throws for 3500 yards.....

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Would you be willing to to admit he isnt as bad as you said.

Would you want him to return as a sr? Or is your hate that big?

Have a feeling i know the answers from certain people. At worst i'm giving Law another place to get more posts.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If he throws for 3500 yards, I’ll be racing out to buy a powerball lottery ticket. Odds of me winning that are about the same.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just to give you an idea of how improbable, Wuerffel surpassed 3,500 yards one time, his Heisman season. The odds of Franks increasing his output by 45% and matching that are slim and none.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just to give you an idea of how improbable, Wuerffel surpassed 3,500 yards one time, his Heisman season. The odds of Franks increasing his output by 45% and matching that are slim and none.
Remember Wuerffel's stats were regular season only, and one less game in the regular season at that.

EDIT: I guess that is wrong. It includes SECG stats (12 games then equals 11 regular season plus SECG) but excludes bowl stats.

And in 2015, SOS sat Wuerffel so he didn't have to hear all that Heisman talk. It was a baby seal game and Kresser threw for like 450 yards and 6 TDs, before he let Shotty throw a few. :)

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If he had that kind of year, why would he return as a senior?
This is really the point. If FF had that kind of season with the corresponding # of TDs (and a similar TD to Int ration as this year) he would absolutely be a 1st rounder - hell, given the way QBs are over valued in the draft, he'd probably go top ten or even top five in this scenario. In this case, staying in college would be pretty fiscally foolish. (FWIW - I too think this would be a heavy lift for FF, but would happily cheer him on if he did it. I wouldn't even get mad if he shooshed me!)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It wouldn't be vertical throws getting him to 3,500. It'd be guys like Kadarius taking it home from the LOS.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It is almost impossible that he would do that and if he did he would be gone to the NFL. I trust our coaches to decide the best QB to win games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is it won't take a huge season for Franks to declare early with the goal of being a mid- to late-rounder. I think it would be a mistake, but there are going to be people in his ear telling him to go for it.

How good is next year's QB class anyway? That could be a deterrent.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Maybe 3000 if we are forced to rely more on the passing game. 3500 would 1000 more than last year.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
My guess is it won't take a huge season for Franks to declare early with the goal of being a mid- to late-rounder. I think it would be a mistake, but there are going to be people in his ear telling him to go for it.

How good is next year's QB class anyway? That could be a deterrent.
It’s supposed to be good. 2018 was considered good as well. Those two classes are why some of the draft folks think teams didn’t trade for QBs this year - they’re comfortable waiting a year for better QBs. Fromm, Eason, few others...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember Wuerffel's stats were regular season only, and one less game in the regular season at that.

EDIT: I guess that is wrong. It includes SECG stats (12 games then equals 11 regular season plus SECG) but excludes bowl stats.

And in 2015, SOS sat Wuerffel so he didn't have to hear all that Heisman talk. It was a baby seal game and Kresser threw for like 450 yards and 6 TDs, before he let Shotty throw a few. :)
I was at that game. Pretty sure it wasn't 2015.

:snicker:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I never hated Franks. I thought his vision of the field and his decision making were (to put it kindly) sub par but I never hated he Kid, just wished he would play better and play better he did.
If he puts up the kind os stats you are talking about I would be one happy Gator.
Who in their right mind wouldn't want a 3500 yd passer to come back for his Sr year.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.

Of course we’d think differently of Franks if averages nearly 300 yds a game.

Until then, he’s an average QB, at best, whose brain farts are more common than his bright spots.

He does have potential, but until the potential is realized, he is what he is.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy to think Haskins threw for 4800 last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator