IF (big if) Franks throws for 3500 yards.....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Been interesting to see how the further we get from the end of last season, the more positive people seem to be about Franks. Its as if everyone is convincing themselves that the same guy that was inconsistent, inaccurate and a poor decision maker last year is going to somehow miraculously morph into an all SEC caliber QB this year. I sure hope that's the case, but I just don't see it.

Not really sure how many are counting on this but I am certain many are hoping this to be true.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Been interesting to see how the further we get from the end of last season, the more positive people seem to be about Franks. Its as if everyone is convincing themselves that the same guy that was inconsistent, inaccurate and a poor decision maker last year is going to somehow miraculously morph into an all SEC caliber QB this year. I sure hope that's the case, but I just don't see it.
2 Questions:

1) Did you see a difference in Frank's ability when you consider his last 3 games (SCAR, FSU, Mich) versus all previous games?

2) Do you believe players get better when they spend more time doing something (ie time in a system or with a coaching staff) or even get older/mature?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2 Questions:

1) Did you see a difference in Frank's ability when you consider his last 3 games (SCAR, FSU, Mich) versus all previous games?

2) Do you believe players get better when they spend more time doing something (ie time in a system or with a coaching staff) or even get older/mature?
I didn't see a material difference in his passing but I did note a greater willingness to sacrifice his body running the football. That's a good sign of leadership.

Last three games were Idaho, FSU and a Michigan team without six of its starters on defense.

I'm in wait and see mode on the kid.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah, you're right about the games. I meant to put Idaho and add the 2nd half of SCAR.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's on Feleipe. How much do you want it? How willing are you to put in the work necessary to improve?

I have no doubt about the willingness of UF fans to fully embrace him. He's an emotional leader. Tebow was, too. Football is a game of emotion. I personally love to see that in a quarterback. It's infectious. It motivates your teammates.

It's a bottom-line world. Franks needs to get better if we are to get better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's on Feleipe. How much do you want it? How willing are you to put in the work necessary to improve?

I have no doubt about the willingness of UF fans to fully embrace him. He's an emotional leader. Tebow was, too. Football is a game of emotion. I personally love to see that in a quarterback. It's infectious. It motivates your teammates.

It's a bottom-line world. Franks needs to get better if we are to get better.
His fire is what I like most about him. Guys like LDR that seem perfectly OK with losing are the type I despise.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His fire is what I like most about him. Guys like LDR that seem perfectly OK with losing are the type I despise.
Our offense under Mac was perfectly in sync. Neither the quarterback, the OC nor the head coach had a pulse.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
2 Questions:

Didn't really see any difference in his ability. He seemed to settle in a but more and get more comfortable, but he still had the same issues with accuracy and decision making.

Sure, players get better as they mature and have more time in the system, but I think its rare for players that have underperformed for two year's to be anything more than serviceable in years 3 and 4.

That said, I'll be routing hard for him to prove me wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was pretty competent the last few games. It isnt ridiculous to hope he has turned a corner.

If he hasnt. It is going to be a kong long season bc the defense is going to be just as up and down as last year.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hope you're right about him turning that corner. I didn't see it, but sure hope its the case. Competent won't get the job done (and I don't think he's even reached that level). We need more in a QB.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Over the last four games of the season (starting with SCar), Franks completed 65% of his passes, had 8 TDs and 0 INTs, and his passer rating was 166.81. He also ran for 177 yards and 4 TDs. There was a very clear and concise change in his attitude and demeanor starting with the SCar game, and it probably had a lot to do with Trask getting hurt and knowing he was the only guy left. Not a single thing that has happened since then has led me to believe he'll regress.

That's not to say he won't have bad moments or bad games, because everyone has those. People just need to chill the f*ck out and let the kid play instead of overreacting to every mistake he makes. Regardless, I know we'll have people here throwing their TVs into the street in front of a dump truck the first time he throws an incomplete pass or misses a read against Miami. :rolleyes3:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
There's no doubt that the booing lit a fire in Frank's and he'll need to have that same passion to be successful.
If he struggles early I'm sure there are certain fans, that will do their best, to get him back on track, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.