If you could know the time and place of your death…

If you could know the time and place of your death but couldn’t do anything to change it, prepare fo

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Can I get a ham sammich instead?

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Read the rules! I said that you could do nothing to prepare for it, that includes life insurance policies and getting things in order. Disqualified.

June 2, 2035
Slipped in a bubble bath and hit your head.

Do the rules allow me to make sure there are at least 4 very satisfied hookers in the tub with me when the sad day comes?

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We all live our lives in a one size fits all manner according to a single statistic (average life expectancy) with much individual deviation. What good is the fruit of all your labors if you work, save, and invest responsibly only to die the day before you turn 62, 65, 67, 70, or whatever age gives you the number of years you want to live free of a time clock and a boss? If you know when you are going to die, you can change your game plan for the greatest return at the end. If you know you are going to die at 40 or 50, there is no point in saving for retirement at all. Knowing where you are going to die is more problematic. If you know you are going to die in Denver, Colorado on June 15, 2050, you don't live there or anywhere close enough that you'd end up in a hospital or nursing home there if you were incapacitated by accident, illness, or injury, and you have no family, friends, or any other reason for ever visiting there, are you going to simply and obediently board a flight to Denver that day and await the plane crash, car wreck, or other calamity that surely awaits you there?
41F70690-F8D0-4692-9BE1-8F698132E886.jpeg

So I can put you down as a ham sammich? :dunno:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Can I know the exact time of day so I only have to pray for forgiveness once?
Reaction GIF

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I started to suggest you start another thread with the same question except for asking about knowing the date/time for one's spouse's death but after thinking about it, that might be too depressing for some if their spouse won't pass away for many many years... :scratchchin:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I started to suggest you start another thread with the same question except for asking about knowing the date/time for one's spouse's death but after thinking about it, that might be too depressing for some if their spouse won't pass away for many many years... :scratchchin:
Also doesn't mean they will still be married to them when it happens. Lol

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@CDGator
I fear my obituary may read that I was run down in a hit and run accident by a golf cart with University of Michigan colors and logos while visiting The Villages but the driver has not been identified.

But really, I am more than delighted to know my days and the end of my days are in the hands of the 'Ancient of Days'. "He's got the whole world in His hands"
Tell us about these visits to the villages

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
@CDGator

Tell us about these visits to the villages

I take my wife there once or twice a year for dinner and a movie. There are 3 town centers with theatres and a few decent restaurants. One of the town centers has a great cigar shop.

Oh yes I know about all the other stuff but have no first, second or third hand knowledge of it.

But if you ever go, be sure to watch out for the golf carts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.