If you were zapped back in time, what year would you like it to be?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Probably 97-98. My junior year of high school was probably some of the most fun I had in life.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Can I write down some Powerball numbers before I go back?

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to relive my college years, damn I was on top of the world back then.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone from '69 to '76. Like @AugustaGator I'd want to go back and spend even more time with my granddaddy. I'd hunt and fish even more than I did and show greater appreciation working each summer on his tobacco farm. Even though he told me a lot about him growing up and how his family made it through the Depression as poor they could be, there's still a lot of things I'd like to talk with him about. My story isn't unique, but back during that time kids from single parent homes wasn't the norm and I always felt a little less around my friends since it was pretty well known that my father hit the road when I was four (and has made no contact since). I didn't know it at the time, but he did me a huge favor since my granddaddy pretty much took over my raising. He passed away back in 1985 and there still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him, something I learned or a funny story or event, the positive impact he had on my life. Yeah, getting to go back and spend some more time with him would be like a dream come true.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone from '69 to '76. Like @AugustaGator I'd want to go back and spend even more time with my granddaddy. I'd hunt and fish even more than I did and show greater appreciation working each summer on his tobacco farm. Even though he told me a lot about him growing up and how his family made it through the Depression as poor they could be, there's still a lot of things I'd like to talk with him about. My story isn't unique, but back during that time kids from single parent homes wasn't the norm and I always felt a little less around my friends since it was pretty well known that my father hit the road when I was four (and has made no contact since). I didn't know it at the time, but he did me a huge favor since my granddaddy pretty much took over my raising. He passed away back in 1985 and there still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him, something I learned or a funny story or event, the positive impact he had on my life. Yeah, getting to go back and spend some more time with him would be like a dream come true.
I was afraid of my grandfathers. My dad's dad died when I was 7 and my mothers when I was 9. going back and knowing what I know now, I would not be afraid of them. They were grumpy but not with me. Just in general.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
1850 Life was simpler then. I've spent my life overwhelmed by the fast pace of the 20th & 21st centuries. I could have easily been happy as a Mountain man or in Old Florida. Would have to have me a squaw though and might miss A/C a little.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I would go back to a time when I could invent al sorts of stuff they haven' thought of yet. I'm not sure yet but I'm thinking sometime right before the invention of vulcanized rubber. It's one of the greatest inventions that changed the world.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
1850 Life was simpler then. I've spent my life overwhelmed by the fast pace of the 20th & 21st centuries. I could have easily been happy as a Mountain man or in Old Florida. Would have to have me a squaw though and might miss A/C a little.

1950’s. Put me in the middle of American Graffiti.

IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1511.JPG

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
The more I lurk on this site the more I like you guys. Thanks for making me happy, sad, pissed, confused and completely entertained ever since cartgate.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
The more I lurk on this site the more I like you guys. Thanks for making me happy, sad, pissed, confused and completely entertained ever since cartgate.

#metoo
This is better than Lifetime channel.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im ready to go back to HS in 1970 knowing what I know now. I will find the best history / math and English teacher I can find for my last three years of HS. At my old HS I got very little literature no math instruction to speak of and no history. Im basically self taught in much of it. I did get math in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator